2 hurt in banana boat drama off Pattaya

webfact

2 hurt in banana boat drama off Pattaya
The Nation

30239009-01_big.JPG?1405899758294

PATTAYA: -- A 12-YEAR-OLD girl and another Chinese tourist were sent to hospital yesterday after their banana boat crashed into a sightseeing ship off Pattaya.

Two other Chinese holidaymakers riding the inflatable boat were dislodged by the accident and rescued.

The girl reportedly hurt her legs and her companion, aged about 40, choked on seawater and suffered body bruises.

Captain Sombat Praditprasert told police that the jet-ski pulling the banana boat suddenly cut in front of his vessel with 18 tourists aboard.

The ship's owner, Thonglor Suetrong, vowed to take care of the injured Chinese passengers, regardless of the results of the police investigation into who was at fault.

There were no reports on how, or whether, the jet-ski driver or owner had given their story to the police and no criminal charges had been filed against anyone at press time.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/2-hurt-in-banana-boat-drama-off-Pattaya-30239009.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-21

Obviously the Thai drivers try to give extra thrills by dumping their passengers in the water. I have seen it so often.

Now it seems the thrill is by putting your life in mortal danger.

I mean come on for fluke's sake.... cutting across the front of a ship is just completely out of order.

This guy should be banned from taking tourists out.

What goes through the heads of these idiots?... would they do that to their family members??

• Like 1

90% of those guys have done prison time and are on drugs, its surprising they dont have more accidents. but it seems even the army wont touch the guy in the silver mercedes

Edited by slygeeza
  • Like 1

90% of those guys have done prison time and are on drugs, its surprising they dont have more accidents. but it seems even the army wont touch the guy in the silver mercedes

And your getting your statistics from..?

• Like 1

At least nobody was killed this time, and I wish the injured a speedy recovery.

These kind of " accidents " are an all too frequent occurance, mainly due to poor regulation, and control, despite City Halls insistance they are doing everything to improve the safety of tourists.

If my memory serves me correctly, it was only a few months ago after the large loss of life on a island ferry, that the Quangos put forward a solution for stopping the over crowding on the ferrys, which was to have students monitor the departures, and count the passengers on.

Farcical

Hopefully this is reported widely in China.

I have no doubt that it would be .....

....... and all the Chinese will think - "Wow - an accident in Thailand and only 2 are slightly injured - much safer than our accidents in China - so we'll definitely take our next holidays in Thailand"

• Like 1

Obviously the Thai drivers try to give extra thrills by dumping their passengers in the water. I have seen it so often.

I mean come on for fluke's sake.... cutting across the front of a ship is just completely out of order.

What goes through the heads of these idiots?... would they do that to their family members??

.......only if they paid for the ticket.

......will the jet ski pilot get points on his captains licence now?.........yeah i know, WHAT licence!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good on the Captain for stepping forward to take care of the patients regardless. We need more of his type in Thailand... and the world.

It is the ships owner who said the would pay, as I see it they would not be to blame anyway.

I am not sure where you get the 90% from, I suspect that is a guestimate but I assume you are not that far from the truth, Jet Ski's, Banana boats, para sailing, speed boats, etc. all need regulating and mandatory public liability insurance, drivers/operators also need regular testing for drink and drug impairment too.

Any operator seen to be reckless or operating unsafely needs closing down.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good on the Captain for stepping forward to take care of the patients regardless. We need more of his type in Thailand... and the world.

It is the ships owner who said the would pay, as I see it they would not be to blame anyway.

I am not sure where you get the 90% from, I suspect that is a guestimate but I assume you are not that far from the truth, Jet Ski's, Banana boats, para sailing, speed boats, etc. all need regulating and mandatory public liability insurance, drivers/operators also need regular testing for drink and drug impairment too.

Any operator seen to be reckless or operating unsafely needs closing down.

Yeah, saw that too late. Can't find the edit button anymore.

the top of my head, but its based on observation and altho the police do do drugs tests never on the beach with those guys that are obviously on yaabaa

if you watch those banana boats most are towed by 16 year olds on yaabaa who race thru the swimmers and boats close to the beach, as I said its surprising that more accidents dont happen, and it seems they didnt even drug test this driver as they have police protection

Edited by slygeeza

Never seen a loaded up truck or motorbike on the roads?

• Like 1

the top of my head, but its based on observation and altho the police do do drugs tests never on the beach with those guys that are obviously on yaabaa

if you watch those banana boats most are towed by 16 year olds on yaabaa who race thru the swimmers and boats close to the beach, as I said its surprising that more accidents dont happen, and it seems they didnt even drug test this driver as they have police protection

Pity that nonsense "of the top of my head" makes its way into public forums... Posts like that are a waste of space and explains the cavity at "the top of your head"

Was going to ask the same question myself, you beat me to it.I will be very suprised if he answers

You even know the age of the jetski driver, wow you are brilliant. Maybe you are talkin out of your head again

Hopefully this is reported widely in China.

I have no doubt that it would be .....

....... and all the Chinese will think - "Wow - an accident in Thailand and only 2 are slightly injured - much safer than our accidents in China - so we'll definitely take our next holidays in Thailand"

This has happened in Spain, Turkey and even the USA

Was going to ask the same question myself, you beat me to it.I will be very suprised if he answers

already have answered, observation is the answer and you obviously lack it

Pity that nonsense "of the top of my head" makes its way into public forums... Posts like that are a waste of space and explains the cavity at "the top of your head"

Ive watched these banana boats daily for many years, if you had as well maybe you could make a comment on the subject rather then a comment about me