Appeal for Irishman Matthew Boyle missing in Bangkok

webfact

This is what happens when people get pseudo emotionally involved in something that does't concern them. People disappear all the time mostly because they want to. In the cases where foul pay is suspected if you don't have information that would help whats the point of getting upset.

What makes this more " emotionally charged " is that his family were looking for him and they genuinely felt something was very wrong. It's not for us ( I don't suppose ) to decide who is worth looking for and who is not, but you can generally separate the social dropouts from those who may have encountered a sudden problem - going from contact 2 x times per week to nothing for a month plus? Personally, I could / still can sense something is quite wrong, but the fella is still alive and IMO that is where we can leave matters alone.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For what it is worth - I don't think BJ has to apologies for anything. Since when was it enough to simply accept someone's ( anonymous ) word that there is no need to continue to look for someone when there was obviously nationwide concern that initiated with his parents going public??

If I ever go missing then I hope someone cares enough to at least scratch the surface and not accept an anonymous and unsubstantiated claim that all was ok! For all we know this rabidly could be ca part of the equation?

On the flip side of the coin, if Matthew has some " private issues " and wants to lay low - then he is perfectly entitled to do so and we should respect his privacy / decision......but at least substantiate that he is alive and well before everyone turns the page. At the time of writing, BJ did not have that info and was therefore right IMO to ask for substantiation and anyone who thinks otherwise is surely naive ?

Everyone is quite entitled to disagree or disbelieve another's post, particularly in a case like this and when it is presented without proof.

It was the nasty, hysterical and insulting language used by this beetle character to dismiss rabiddogs statement that was completely over the top, and subsequently proven to be unjustified. He should apologise to that poster, but has shown he doesn't have the strength of character to do so.

To apologise when wrong is not easy, I've had to do it on this forum a few times over the years (and on other occasions have had others demand one when not justified).

Perhaps now it's time to close the thread.

• Like 1

For what it is worth - I don't think BJ has to apologies for anything. Since when was it enough to simply accept someone's ( anonymous ) word that there is no need to continue to look for someone when there was obviously nationwide concern that initiated with his parents going public??

If I ever go missing then I hope someone cares enough to at least scratch the surface and not accept an anonymous and unsubstantiated claim that all was ok! For all we know this rabidly could be ca part of the equation?

On the flip side of the coin, if Matthew has some " private issues " and wants to lay low - then he is perfectly entitled to do so and we should respect his privacy / decision......but at least substantiate that he is alive and well before everyone turns the page. At the time of writing, BJ did not have that info and was therefore right IMO to ask for substantiation and anyone who thinks otherwise is surely naive ?

Everyone is quite entitled to disagree or disbelieve another's post, particularly in a case like this and when it is presented without proof.

It was the nasty, hysterical and insulting language used by this beetle character to dismiss rabiddogs statement that was completely over the top, and subsequently proven to be unjustified. He should apologise to that poster, but has shown he doesn't have the strength of character to do so.

To apologise when wrong is not easy, I've had to do it on this forum a few times over the years (and on other occasions have had others demand one when not justified).

Perhaps now it's time to close the thread.

I won't comment on the " tone of the conversation / exchanges ".....I'm prone to being a bit OTT myself - at times. I don't have any problem to apologise when I am wrong and i don't take myself too seriously anyway....I much prefer banter and humour to the serious stuff. However, on a slightly different, but relevant topic, on occasions it's also much more difficult to go against the majority and therefore much easier just to " go with the flow." To go against the majority takes strength of character too and if things were not challenged from time to time then nothing would ever change.