Passenger hit with bottle of Jack Daniels on board Thai Airways flight from Sydney to Bangkok

webfact

How about encouraging a reasonable dress code with boarding refused if not followed.

This may give persons a heads up as to what behavioural standards are expected by passengers on flights.

Travelling etiquette tips and guidelines with a personal check list printed on one side of the boarding pass could help.

Sometimes, some people just don’t know how to behave, because they have never been told

I know where you are coming from but do you not mean, never been taught? I thought behavior was something taught by parents, and in the past, adults who also have a responsibility to keep unruly kids in check. For a long time now, adults have shirked their responsibility because of the threat of violence. The result is two boneheads, fighting in a tin can, surrounded by a frightened captive audience. Scary, especially if you are travelling with children. Even though one of them refused to press charges, they should have been charged with causing an affray and then put on the next aircraft out. 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think not to ban but restriction of alcohol on the board would give some effect.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The ban should be for any troublemaker who is put off a plane for disruption. An automatic ban on every airline's computer (with the possible exception of Aeroflot..) would be easy to enforce. 5 years for the first offence, lifetime for the second.

And yes, make him take the boat back from Bangkok to Australia....... maybe he will get stuck off the coast of Indonesia.

Edited by bangon04

Love it.....we Australians have some great tourists travelling the globe.....those coming to Thailand and Bali especially......bloody <deleted>.....nothing unusual at all....can't understand what the fuss is all about!..............

Indeed. A proud national heritage continues.

In the 90's I was part of a team in Israel training air marshalls, we also trained the air crew how to identify and handle drunks and especially drunk/aggressive travellers. There's more than just alcohol that is the issue with the aggressiveness. Where the person is sat makes a huge difference, the air is recycled 2.5 to 3 times during the flight at the rear of the planes and only once at the front (so they we were told) and the air quality is not so good at the rear. Fresh air is drawn from the jets and compressed to mix with the cabin air, the ratio of fresh and recycled air is normally 50/50 but cut down by the pilots to save fuel to 20% fresh air once cruising. This impacts as slightly less oxygen is fed to the brain, effecting dehydration etc. There is a good call for banning alcohol consumption by the airlines for both health & safety reasons and not just the actions of people like these two bozos. Smoking has been banned for a couple of decades or more and alcohol could be next (which is a shame because a glass of wine before lights out is nice!). This particular issue is totally down to lack of proper training for the air crew compounded by the Thai cultural things about avoiding confrontation. Air marshalls are not really needed on these tourist flights but proper training really is a requirement on many levels. I hope Thai air address this in a positive rather than a "spin" manner.

There's a lot of incorrect info in your post, including tbe inconsistency of 2.5-3 times change in tbe rear cabin, versus once in the forward cabin, yet air back there is poorer quality

Pilots don't control the air quality to save fuel. It just can't be done.

Reminds me of a incident just a few weeks ago,whereby a friend transported another fellow from my condominium a little the worse for wear,well anyway enroute had to stop for emergency toilet procedures,on arrival at bangkok airport he then went missing for a hour on finding him again and pointing him in the right direction my friend then departed for the homeward journey, sitting back in the condo block having a refreshing beer 1 hour later the fool turned up needless to say he was refused his flight.

Total waste of 19k baht, oh make that 20 lol i forgot the taxi back..

In the 90's I was part of a team in Israel training air marshalls, we also trained the air crew how to identify and handle drunks and especially drunk/aggressive travellers. There's more than just alcohol that is the issue with the aggressiveness. Where the person is sat makes a huge difference, the air is recycled 2.5 to 3 times during the flight at the rear of the planes and only once at the front (so they we were told) and the air quality is not so good at the rear. Fresh air is drawn from the jets and compressed to mix with the cabin air, the ratio of fresh and recycled air is normally 50/50 but cut down by the pilots to save fuel to 20% fresh air once cruising. This impacts as slightly less oxygen is fed to the brain, effecting dehydration etc. There is a good call for banning alcohol consumption by the airlines for both health & safety reasons and not just the actions of people like these two bozos. Smoking has been banned for a couple of decades or more and alcohol could be next (which is a shame because a glass of wine before lights out is nice!). This particular issue is totally down to lack of proper training for the air crew compounded by the Thai cultural things about avoiding confrontation. Air marshalls are not really needed on these tourist flights but proper training really is a requirement on many levels. I hope Thai air address this in a positive rather than a "spin" manner.

There's a lot of incorrect info in your post, including tbe inconsistency of 2.5-3 times change in tbe rear cabin, versus once in the forward cabin, yet air back there is poorer quality

Pilots don't control the air quality to save fuel. It just can't be done.

They can and do; I don't have resources to hand as this was something we were told during the briefing for the training but this quote is from the Economist "With less air available in the compressor, any that is bled off means the turbine has to work harder, which in turn increases fuel consumption. Typically an airline will strike a balance by using a 50:50 mixture of fresh and recirculated cabin air, although pilots can reduce the amount of fresh air to save fuel. Some are thought to cut it back to only 20%." source; http://www.economist.com/node/14446718 Cheers!

• Like 1

Probably best friends We can now look forward to Thai airline officials saying they will institute new measures to prevent this from happening again It would be a sin to waste good Tennessee bourbon. I hope the bottle did not break so they can get drunk again and have another argument in their hotel LOL

Quality Bogan Tourism

• Like 1

“Two blokes were secretly swilling their duty free,”

I wonder what makes people sip from their own bottles on a flight where all drinks are free anyway?

Probable they had been refused after already drinking too much.

Maybe time to sell alcohol by vouchers on the plane which can be redeemed on arrival.

It takes a British officer and 'gentleman' and a diplomat to boot to show these wilting Aussies how drunken in flight behaviour is really done. He was found innocent...

edited to remove link as I have realised that the Guardian article contains lese majeste statements along with anti religious profanity

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/4644022.stm

_41229472_robertscred203.jpg

Edited by beautifulthailand99