Birthday gift for 6 yo boy

ronthai

Any idea's on what to buy for a 6 yo boy for his up coming birthday?

I am not his daddy, just a good friend of the family. (and NO I am not doing mamma)

Really never looked at toys and such in Thailand.

Maybe Big C or other large shops have a selection?

I am Pattaya based.

Set of mini golf clubs and some lessons I gave it my new phew and he loved it. I also have him 5 euros last time home and he bought a pack of naked playing cards and sold them too the kids in the school for 1euro each !

Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the posts guys.

Some are not an option like a bike, in the middle of Pattaya, bad idea, good for the country side.

Did not know that Thailand/Pattaya had a Toy 'R Us, that solves the problem. Checked the website and they have one in Central Festival (second Road)

Now I just have to think of buying him something or when I pick him up from school, have him choose (tell mom we will be a little late), which of course will end the surprise on his birthday, which falls on a Sunday.

The lad never had a real birthday (farang style, balloons and all the bells and whistles) and now he is at an age he wil remember.

Trying to get mom to make some invitations for his class mates/friends from school.

Edited by ronthai

How about booking him a party with some of his friends with all the balloons and stuff at macdonalds ,, unsure how close you are to the family? Maybe that might be taking it too far if not too close

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How about booking him a party with some of his friends with all the balloons and stuff at macdonalds ,, unsure how close you are to the family? Maybe that might be taking it too far if not too close

Macdonalds??? Are you kidding??

This is a treat, not a punishment, and stuffing kids with the horrible stuff in macdonalds is criminal. They've figured out the just right mixes of salt, fat and sugar to make their product as addictive as cigarettes.

Thai food is superb. If you're contemplating a small party, find a place that serves Thai food, street food, anything but maccas!!!

Agreed thai food is superb, but nothing wrong with the odd venture into other foods, but once a year ain't going to make or break, most can certainly live without it, some unfortunately can't

• Like 1

Sign him up for a martial arts class for a while, see if he likes it "if so" book him in

for a year "Good exercise" it will toughen him up and teach him disiplin.

And self defence

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app