Autopsy shows Sutthi shot at close range, suicide suggested

webfact

Autopsy shows Sutthi shot at close range, suicide suggested
The Nation

30239228-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Post-mortem examination showed that Sutthi Atchasai's right temple had gunpowder residue suggesting that the shot was fired at close range and that though the deceased was naturally left-handed, he was also ambidextrous, Central Institute of Forensic Science (CIFS) forensic expert Dr Suranarong Srisuwan said yesterday.

The gunshot entry wound on the right temple and exit wound above the left temple showed it was a close-range shooting and suggested that it was self-inflicted, he said.

The lack of gunpowder residue in his hand could possibly be because the body was moved and the autopsy conducted five days after the death, Suranarong said, adding that gunpowder residue can become undetectable after half a day.

CIFS deputy director Sakaya Chumai said the CIFS team's simulation on Saturday of what might have happened found that four shots had been fired at the scene with the fourth being the one that went into Sutthi's temple. The bullet slug was found in the pick-up truck's roof.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Autopsy-shows-Sutthi-shot-at-close-range-suicide-s-30239228.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-23

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A lefty fires 4 shots before finally succeeding hitting himself in the right temple and that suggests suicide?

He was a bad shot, didn't U know that, i thought everyone knew.cheesy.gif

With the near impossibility this man used his ambidextrious hand and shot a bullet from temple to temple and had no gunpowder on his hands and shot his gun so many times is definetely a sure sign this man offed himself. He probably was crying he missed so many times with his left hand and found how easy it was to level the gun whilst pulling the trigger to his temple. They must hire the doctors for autopsies from the lowest passing level students in forensics.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

one question!

Did they found gun powder in his finger/hand? If yes, that might suggest he did commit suicide.

Otherwise this is just one more proof that the thai police are just piece of sh...

• Like 1

I think whoever had this activist shot did a great job having the media report a suicide.

I am listening to a morning radio show now, and a couple of guys are at least pointing out that it's pretty weird that an activist shot himself, and about the absurdness of the ambidextrous explanation. However this case may proceed or be decided, it is a relief to know that at least some people at least momentarily question a story that totally stinks.

"I think whoever had this activist shot did a great job having the media report a suicide."

Is this another example of the dodgy influence of big business on the news media which we have been reading about in recent days, I wonder?

Wait a minute. Is this the guy who was shot during the protests in Bangna as he was speaking from the back of a truck? The guys where they have video of the attackers storming the truck and shooting?

If it is and the forensics think suicide, then these are the geniuses we should send to figure out who shot down MH17, where is the missing rice and where the Saudi jewels are! Not!

Wait a minute. Is this the guy who was shot during the protests in Bangna as he was speaking from the back of a truck? The guys where they have video of the attackers storming the truck and shooting?

If it is and the forensics think suicide, then these are the geniuses we should send to figure out who shot down MH17, where is the missing rice and where the Saudi jewels are! Not!

No, this was the environmental activist that was fighting against the pollution coming from Mat Aput industries. Rayong is one of the heartlands of The Eastern Tigers Faction of the Army.

Did the Junta just appoint a new head of Forensic Science?

Twenty two posts. This, apparently was one of the 'good' guys. IMHO murdered by special interests, yet not one RIP comment. Somewhere this man had a family and his death is a cause for speculation and accusation. Lurking in the background, someone ordered his fate.

RIP Sutthi.

• Like 1

Twenty two posts. This, apparently was one of the 'good' guys. IMHO murdered by special interests, yet not one RIP comment. Somewhere this man had a family and his death is a cause for speculation and accusation. Lurking in the background, someone ordered his fate.

RIP Sutthi.

He's dead, no RIP is going to help him, with posts here we can only hope someone in authority will take up the challenge and push for the truth.

The lack of gunpowder residue in his hand could possibly be because the body was moved and the autopsy conducted five days after the death, Suranarong said, adding that gunpowder residue can become undetectable after half a day.

Funny how they found gunpowder residue on his temple after five days.

he was wearing gloves.....,.they must have fallen off......somewhere

I'm astonished actually that those forensic experts don't suggest that he may have washed his hands after shooting himself, to deliberately remove the gunpowder residue from his hands.

I think someone wash is for him.

It is a Thai custom to pour water over the hand of the dead.