Visa run: share my positive experience at Don Mueang Airport

You did not have a problem because you have been using tourist visas not going out and back to get visa exempt entries.

i wrote this post because even people using multiple tourist visas were worrying.

They only has to worry if they get a red stamp with this text

"Remark: The holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in a refusal of a visa in the future."

"Proofs of residence in Thailand & financial income are required next time"

You did not have a problem because you have been using tourist visas not going out and back to get visa exempt entries.

i wrote this post because even people using multiple tourist visas were worrying.

They only has to worry if they get a red stamp with this text

"Remark: The holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in a refusal of a visa in the future."

"Proofs of residence in Thailand & financial income are required next time"

That is stamp done in Vientiane when you have reached a limit on getting 2 entry tourist visas there.

OP is about entering the country with his 3rd single entry visa. Not quite the same thing.

I had a similar easy entry experience coming thru Suvarnbhumi yesterday (22/7) (using 1st TR visa after 9 30-day exemptions over the past 24 months.)

But keep in mind this is before August 12th when the new rules go into effect for air passengers.

these stories are the kind i want to hear, ive had back to back tourist visas in 2011- 2012 then back to the UK for 7 month then returning on a double entry in 2013 then lastly a single entry now ive been back in the UK since January, ive only ever had 3 visa exemptions. was worrying about my trip for 3 weeks end of august only going for 3 weeks but with past visas dont know if i would be picked out. only want a 30 day exempt..

That is stamp done in Vientiane when you have reached a limit on getting 2 entry tourist visas there.

What is the limit of double entry tourist visas in Vientiane?

I have single entry Feb 2011, double entry Feb 2014, and want to get another double entry in Jan 2015, and after that probably back to Europe. Currently in Thailand on triple entry from Berlin.

I've got like 50 or 60 exempt stamps in my last and current passports together with stays anything between 4 days to a full month, but always with a couple of weeks between the next entry. The DM immigration still lets me in without any comments, usually it takes 20 seconds to have it processed. It might help that I'm not dressed as a backpacker/beach bum. Proper shoes, nice trousers and a long-sleeved shirt.

I've got like 50 or 60 exempt stamps in my last and current passports together with stays anything between 4 days to a full month, but always with a couple of weeks between the next entry. The DM immigration still lets me in without any comments, usually it takes 20 seconds to have it processed. It might help that I'm not dressed as a backpacker/beach bum. Proper shoes, nice trousers and a long-sleeved shirt.

They shouldn't let you in just because of this post... "I've got like 50 or 60" ???

The world is going to <deleted> :)

What is the limit of double entry tourist visas in Vientiane?

I have single entry Feb 2011, double entry Feb 2014, and want to get another double entry in Jan 2015, and after that probably back to Europe. Currently in Thailand on triple entry from Berlin.

At the moment you could get another 2 entry tourist visa there. But predicting January of next year is beyond my abilities.

They shouldn't let you in just because of this post... "I've got like 50 or 60" ???

The world is going to <deleted> smile.png

I don't live, work or even want to be staying any longer than necessary in Thailand - I live very happily in Malaysia on a 10 year hassle-free visa. I come here for business meetings and non-business meetups which I state in the checkboxes at the back of the ridiculous immigration card.

I've never had a red stamp and I've had like 6 tourist Visas altogether, not sure if it's just with.back to backs

That's like a totally useless comment without SPECIFICS of your 6 TR visas, such as where they were issued and over what period of time.

I've never had a red stamp and I've had like 6 tourist Visas altogether, not sure if it's just with.back to backs

That's like a totally useless comment without SPECIFICS of your 6 TR visas, such as where they were issued and over what period of time.Well in October 2011 to October 2012 I had 3 single entry from Malay and one double from the UK. Then 1 more single from MalayThen I returned to UK for 7 month,July 2013 I got a double entry from the UK then a single entry from Malay returned back to UK in January 2014. Still in UK now, but going back end of August for a 3 week holiday, planning on not getting a Visa.

Hopefully it shouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 7.5A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rebeccax28

We hold aust. Passports and entered Thailand at Phuket with 30 day entry stamp 25th June. We decided to stay an another 30 days baasically because we liked the place so much. We flew to KL 22nd July in the morning and returned the same day on the afternoon flight, back to Phuket airport. We were worried as to what might happen when we approached the immigration counter but all we was a cheerful smile from the officer as he stamped our passports with 30 day entry stamps. Next year we will have tourist visas.

There was an annoncement in the thai embassy in my country.

There are other official annoucement about that even it s not really clear about TR visa.

So yes, be careful after 12 august...

example : http://www.thaiconsulate.org/

That and everything else says visa exemption.

One of the problems is that some postings call exempt entries tourist visas which of course is wrong.

There are other official annoucement about that even it s not really clear about TR visa.

One of the problems is that some postings call exempt entries tourist visas which of course is wrong.

The aim is to avoid illegal worker with TR visa (and sure visa exempt as well). Nobody should expect to re-enter the country with TR visa (60 days) after 12 August without a proper "tourist" plan :

- Return ticket ( not just fly out to KL)

- Hotel Reservation or letter from thai host

- bank statement if you re unemployed.

Even in Ranong, they are already asking to show at least 20 000 THB....

It s maybe not really clear, but it make sens that it will get more strict regarding the aim of those rules.

Edited by Vermor

The aim is to avoid illegal worker with TR visa (and sure visa exempt as well). Nobody should expect to re-enter the country with TR visa (60 days) after 12 August without a proper "tourist" plan :

- Return ticket ( not just fly out to KL)

- Hotel Reservation or letter from thai host

- bank statement if you re unemployed.

Even in Ranong, they are already asking to show at least 20 000 THB....

It s maybe not really clear, but it make sens that it will get more strict regarding the aim of those rules.

Ok so if this is mainly people entering with visas staying more than 30 days, what about people like me who has travelled there and stayed there with Thai partner in the past and is returning for 3 week holiday. I've no idea what to do.. so stressful.

these stories are the kind i want to hear, ive had back to back tourist visas in 2011- 2012 then back to the UK for 7 month then returning on a double entry in 2013 then lastly a single entry now ive been back in the UK since January, ive only ever had 3 visa exemptions. was worrying about my trip for 3 weeks end of august only going for 3 weeks but with past visas dont know if i would be picked out. only want a 30 day exempt..

Those back-to-back visas were back in 2011-12, thus a long time ago. As you have spent a lot of time away from Thailand what are you worrying about. The people who are being targeted are spending much more time in Thailand than out of Thailand. You aren't in that category.

They probably wont let you pass after 12 August....

What makes you think that. I have seen nothing mentioned officially anywhere that would make me think that.

Not only that Vermor, but I believe the new rules are already in place at many border checkpoints. They won't suddenly be strengthened further after August 12, merely that airports are supposed to be following what the land borders are already doing. As mentioned immigration is already refusing entry to border runners and have done so since at least May. As a matter of fact, immigration has always been harsh with certain nationalities or certain types of people, even going back to last year or earlier.

I think the scaremongering needs to stop. Anyway, listen to UbonJoe, he knows his stuff.

Those back-to-back visas were back in 2011-12, thus a long time ago. As you have spent a lot of time away from Thailand what are you worrying about. The people who are being targeted are spending much more time in Thailand than out of Thailand. You aren't in that category.

Hmm because people are saying loads of different things, some things that make u think about your own situations, I just want things to be correct that's all..

Ok so if this is mainly people entering with visas staying more than 30 days, what about people like me who has travelled there and stayed there with Thai partner in the past and is returning for 3 week holiday. I've no idea what to do.. so stressful.

It should not be a problem if you can show a return fly ticket at the border.

If you stayed for like 1 month or more in a foreign country ( Lao, Malaysia,...) you re not considered as a visa runner when you entered Thailand by Air.

By bus, I m not sure. Ranong border let only TR visa (or other proper visas) re entered the country at the moment ( from a witness)

Edited by Vermor

Not only that Vermor, but I believe the new rules are already in place at many border checkpoints. They won't suddenly be strengthened further after August 12, merely that airports are supposed to be following what the land borders are already doing. As mentioned immigration is already refusing entry to border runners and have done so since at least May. As a matter of fact, immigration has always been harsh with certain nationalities or certain types of people, even going back to last year or earlier.

I think the scaremongering needs to stop. Anyway, listen to UbonJoe, he knows his stuff.

That 's correct. It s already in place on many border checkpoint but not at international Airport as most "reel" tourist are coming by Air. So i m guessing 12 August is the deadline. They are supposed to inform the tourist about that until that date ( from I read in the thai embassy in my country)