"Ten Well Kept Travel Secrets in CM" Topic of Saturday's Expats Club Meeting

NancyL

Andrew Bond, managing director of Virtual Travel Guides to speak on "Ten Well Kept Travel Secrets in Chiang Mai" at Saturday morning's meeting of the Chiang Mai Expats Club (CEC) at Le Meridien Hotel in the Night Bazaar.

Also, representatives from the hotel will perform a Latin dance demonstration to promote the hotel's Latin Tunes evening,that night at the hotel.

Gather at 10:00 to enjoy coffee, tea and light snacks for a prompt start at 10:30 am. The meeting ends by 12:00 noon. After the meeting, CEC members can exchange DVDs and books at a table in the foyer outside the meeting room. Also, club sponsors and organizations will have information and experts available for conversation in the foyer before and after the meeting.

The entrance fee to attend the General Meeting is 120 baht for members, 200 baht for visitors. Lifetime membership in CEC is 1000 baht and available for sale prior to the meeting. Dress is neat casual.

[email protected]

The topic of the discussion sounds interesting and I'm sure it will be well-attended.

However, for those who are unable to attend, will there be a published - or posted - summary of what the ten secrets are after the meeting?

They wouldn't be secrets if everybody knew them ;)

• Like 1

Number 3 on the list will be the secret location of The Dukes on Floor 3 and a half at Maya mall, accessible only jumping up and down at the correct frequency after the lift has passed the third floor..... laugh.png

• Like 1

The topic of the discussion sounds interesting and I'm sure it will be well-attended.

However, for those who are unable to attend, will there be a published - or posted - summary of what the ten secrets are after the meeting?

They wouldn't be secrets if everybody knew them wink.png

If he thinks the CM Expats are going to keep his secrets, then he's in for a surprise.

Edited by CMHomeboy78

What a great idea for a special promotion on our Facebook page or something. Hmm, gotta do some thinking.

(You are a member of CEC, aren't you? Only members are going to be told, you know.)

What a great idea for a special promotion on our Facebook page or something. Hmm, gotta do some thinking.

(You are a member of CEC, aren't you? Only members are going to be told, you know.)

I might join up just to learn your secrets.

The CEC is getting as secretive as Skull and Bones!

One of my grandfathers was a Bonesman at Yale, but he went to his grave without telling anything.

Someone please attend, pay attention, take notes and post these 10 well kept travel secrets....

In the Pattaya forum.

Thanks!

Absolutely not! Only when you start posting detailed write-ups from your expats clubs into the Chiang Mai forum.

Note to self: ask Le Meridien Hotel not to place their usual writing paper and pens at each place setting along with the ice water. Only joking.

(I've got to admit, I have a lifetime supply of Le Meridien writing paper at home. It's great for practicing Thai writing!)

Edited by NancyL

Someone please attend, pay attention, take notes and post these 10 well kept travel secrets....

In the Pattaya forum.

Thanks!

Absolutely not! Only when you start posting detailed write-ups from your expats clubs into the Chiang Mai forum.

Note to self: ask Le Meridien Hotel not to place their usual writing paper and pens at each place setting along with the ice water. Only joking.

(I've got to admit, I have a lifetime supply of Le Meridien writing paper at home. It's great for practicing Thai writing!)

Wow Nancy! That would mean me actually attending these disparate weekend seaside coffin dodgers ensembles. I would prefer to live my increasingly sedentary expat life vicariously through the posted experiences of others. Maybe the Chiang Rai wrinklies will be more user friendly.

• Like 1