What percentage of Thai expats are losers/jerks/crims back home?

squarethecircle

I'd say that it really does depend on what your definition of a loser, jerk or misfit is.

If it's anything like these five for starters, then I'd say the percentage is particularly high.

1. The guy who goes to a bar, pulls a sex worker then proceeds to hold doors open, pull out chairs and purchase roses like he's courting

2. The guy who is perfectly willing to resort to fisticuffs to either defend the "honour" of his barfine or to ensure that she doesn't run off with someone she finds more attractive

3. The guy who genuinely expects the woman 3 or 4 notches above his "pull grade" to be attracted to his money but to stay with him when times get tight because she REALLY loves him

#3, thanks to the caste system in Thailand, he will never meet never mind pull some bird 3 or 4 grades above him.

He can of course delude himself that the Baccara hottie/pretty is with him for his charm, personality and witty conversational skills, usually true 'til the money runs out.

Then its back to farangsville to punch out hub caps on a production line for the next twelve months, where even the girls in farangland ignore him.

Somehow these hapless fools actually believe that on arrival at Swampy they are zapped with a hansum man ray as they pass through immi.

Speaking from experience are we?

Yes, easily observed, next time you are in the farang enclave of the lower Suk ghetto take a walk along Suk4.

If you want to see more of these beautiful losers head up to On Nut 17.

What kind of jerk comes to Thailand on holiday, then spends the next two weeks drinking Chang at the swimming pool every day.

Even the girls in 7 comment on why doesnt this idiot wear a shirt, they even asked me if I had a spare one I could give them to give to him.

Never mind the Thai gig dont mind, Mr Hubcap production line worker just paid for his new Click.

Put pasat Thai ben rue plao?

Neuk wa mai ben, tam hai khun mai rue ruang, chai mai?

Edited by rgs2001uk

There are a lot of dodgy foreign types residing in Thailand, most of us know that OP. Just use your judgement and gut feeling with people, it is usually enough. In fact if you took all of the foreign dodgy sorts and the exchange rate elitists out of Thailand then there would be a serious drop in the percentage of farang expats.

What's an exchange rate elitist?

Someone who moves to another country where they can obtain a favorable exchange rate that essentially allows them to behave in an elitist manner that they can not in their home country. Plenty of those <deleted> about. They are about as embarrassing as the flip flop chang vest brigade.

Thought the exchange rates over the last few years have been pretty poor to be honest.

They are compared to ten or so years ago, but that's not the point.

Edited by kevozman1

I'd say that it really does depend on what your definition of a loser, jerk or misfit is.

If it's anything like these five for starters, then I'd say the percentage is particularly high.

1. The guy who goes to a bar, pulls a sex worker then proceeds to hold doors open, pull out chairs and purchase roses like he's courting

2. The guy who is perfectly willing to resort to fisticuffs to either defend the "honour" of his barfine or to ensure that she doesn't run off with someone she finds more attractive

3. The guy who genuinely expects the woman 3 or 4 notches above his "pull grade" to be attracted to his money but to stay with him when times get tight because she REALLY loves him

#3, thanks to the caste system in Thailand, he will never meet never mind pull some bird 3 or 4 grades above him.

He can of course delude himself that the Baccara hottie/pretty is with him for his charm, personality and witty conversational skills, usually true 'til the money runs out.

Then its back to farangsville to punch out hub caps on a production line for the next twelve months, where even the girls in farangland ignore him.

Somehow these hapless fools actually believe that on arrival at Swampy they are zapped with a hansum man ray as they pass through immi.

Speaking from experience are we?

His experience is based on being a long term expat both in Bangkok, and another prosperous province in The East of Thailand. He's hardly meeting your entrenched sterotypes.

There are a lot of dodgy foreign types residing in Thailand, most of us know that OP. Just use your judgement and gut feeling with people, it is usually enough. In fact if you took all of the foreign dodgy sorts and the exchange rate elitists out of Thailand then there would be a serious drop in the percentage of farang expats.

What's an exchange rate elitist?

Someone who moves to another country where they can obtain a favorable exchange rate that essentially allows them to behave in an elitist manner that they can not in their home country. Plenty of those <deleted> about. They are about as embarrassing as the flip flop chang vest brigade.

Thought the exchange rates over the last few years have been pretty poor to be honest.

They are compared to ten or so years ago, but that's not the point.

Why don't you get to the point then?

...Golf would be my best answer.

These times are gone...

Sorry don't understand.

The biggest jerks i met here were in the Golf community, all nations included.

Sure there are a lot of jerks but the real golf crowd tee off before 06.00 am to avoid these wannabees.

• Like 1