What is the correct way to install insulation

The house already has thin foil like insulation in the whole ceiling, fitted immediately under the ceramic tiles.

One corner of the house gets full sun from about 11:00am to sundown and that room (bedroom) is super hot.

I already have a plan to install a false but attractive extra wall on the outside on one of the walls which gets the full sun and also plans to add tinted film on the large sliding doors to a balcony on the other wall which gets full sun, plus a number of large bulky palms.

I'm also considering adding some better insulation at least over the room which is so hot, and maybe more rooms.

I have no knowledge whatever of how insulation should be fitted. My main question is in regard to the downlight fittings (tubes) which of course go up into the ceiling cavity.

Can the roll out insulation just be laid over the top of the down light tubes (but actually touching the top of the down light fittings)? I'm guessing this would mean the heat from the downlight cannot escape and may well be dangerous.

Or should a piece of the roll out insulation be cut out (perhaps a circle approx. 20cm) so that the insulation can be laid flat on the ceiling?

Any advice about the whole subject of insulation much appreciated. Thanks.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

what kind of celling is in the room?

you know you can get some paint that reflects the sun light so the walls don't get to hot

Thanks for your reply.

The actual ceiling is gypsum board, roof is CEPAC cement tiles. Gap between ceiling and roof is fairly typical slope you see in most modern village developments in Thailand.

I'm not aware of the paint you mention. Is it available in Thailand? Can you please share what paint company sells it?

Thanks again.

Best way to reduce heat on the side facing the afternoon sun is to shade it, probably with tall trees.

If not possible, add an outer skin of cement board with a 2-inch air gap over the wall facing the sun to shade the actual wall.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Best way to reduce heat on the side facing the afternoon sun is to shade it, probably with tall trees.

If not possible, add an outer skin of cement board with a 2-inch air gap over the wall facing the sun to shade the actual wall.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was considering.