New requirement for Work Permit: Blue Book

My wife, American, is employed by a large Thai company. Today she was advised that immigrations requires a Blue residence (Condo ownership) book with her name in it. We never got this document because it was not needed for her Business Visa and Work Permit or my Retirement extensions.

Can anyone advise how we can get this document? We are have owned our condo and have the original title transfer document.

Thanks!

Couple of problems with this post

1. Immigration don't issue Work Permits.

2. The Labor Dept does not ask for a House registration book in order to issue work permits

To get a House registration book, first visit the district office to ask what the requirements are.

Normally you will need the title document (if no book has previously been issued for the property), passport (if foreigner) and transliteration into Thai, as well as a Thai witness.

Edited by Time Traveller

3. Foreigner don't get their name on the Blue Book, even if they own their condo

unless you are a PR.

But then you don't need a work permit.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your comment as even with PR you need a WP to work, just fewer hurdles to get it.

• Like 1

3. Foreigner don't get their name on the Blue Book, even if they own their condo

unless you are a PR.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your comment as even with PR you need a WP to work, just fewer hurdles to get it.

My wrong, I confused PR with citizenship.

But you can get a Yellow book.

Extremely difficult, at least in Pattaya if you are not married with a Thai...

I tried about 5 years ago and gave up after 3 or 4 visits at the Ciy Hall sad.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

unless you are a PR.

Yes you do, folks with permanent resident status do need a work permit, I know from 20 years plus experience.

(Unless it's changed very recently and I doubt that.)

When you get PR your name is recorded in the standard dark blue covered tabien baan book.

Edited by scorecard

For Sansai (Chiang Mai ) my wife and I did the following

As my wife and I are both British and "have bought our house" we had to supply the following to the Sansai district office

2 x forms signed by Thai witnesses, one a neighbour and the local Poo Yai Baan ( a must)

Copies of all the following:-

1. residency letter from immigration

2. copy of passport

3. translation of passport into thai

4. 3 photographs

5. chanote of property including importantly for us lease agreement for land

6. blue book

7. copies of the witness id card

All took about 10 days Sansai District office is next door to Sansai police station

Hope this is of some help.