Favourite Bars/Pubs - Not Go Go

travla

Apart from the obvious attractions of the go go bars - which is another topic completely!, I was wondering which are your favourite bars/pubs?

High on my list would be The Kiwi, on Soi 8. Great service, good food- excellent sunday pork roast! and a very good breakfast.

Happy hour on all day- 99 baht for a pint of Tiger or Heineken.

Come all the way to Thailand to drink in pubs from back home?

Sunday roasts. Cooked breakfast. Sportsbars. Expat Bars. Oh what fun!

Parking Toy at Lad Prao Way.

Brick Bar at Kowsarn.

Saxaphone at Anusawari.

Beer Garden at On Nut.

Coco Walk at Ractathewi BTS.

Post Bar at Samsen Road, Banglumpoo.

The Raintree at Soi Rang Nam, Anusawari.

Edited by TheSpade
  • Like 2

Brick Bar at Kowsarn.

Saxaphone at Anusawari.

Beer Garden at On Nut.

You have to do something in between temple tours, floating markets and shopping!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Brick Bar at Kowsarn.

Saxaphone at Anusawari.

Beer Garden at On Nut.

Post Bar at Samsen Road, Banglumpoo.

The Raintree at Soi Rang Nam, Anusawari.

Spade you could give some advice, or you could fork off

• Like 2

Quite like Iron Fairies... Water Library nearby in Thong Lor is good fun as well, although the liquid nitrogen cocktails look better than they taste.

water-library-thonglor.jpg

Moose at Ekkamai, Blue Velvet, <deleted> and I know people think it;s kind of cheesy but on a good night Maggie Choos, for giving that John Woo / Wong Kar Wai sort of feeling.

edit: crikey, apparently the forum wouldn't allow me to type the name of one of the bars without being censored rolleyes.gif - the missing bar is W T F. But putting those three letters together without a space causes the forum to go into censorship mode.

9994b92696k_0530.jpg.jpg

And think that this forum's filter could relax and use a drink itself smile.png

Edited by Rumblecat

<deleted> if I'm there any bar is good value heh

I'll be staying near US embassy next week and would love a crispy Peking duck- you probably are the one to ask, any suggestions?

I'm also wanting to head to a disco Saturday nite, ( or whatever dance clubs are called these days..) in that same area, Anyone?

Edited by EBlair48

if I'm there any bar is good value heh

I'll be staying near US embassy next week and would love a crispy Peking duck- you probably are the one to ask, any suggestions?

I'm also wanting to head to a disco Saturday nite, ( or whatever dance clubs are called these days..) in that same area, Anyone?

Scala at Siam Square for the duck

post-78923-14069040008851_thumb.jpg

post-78923-14069040358949_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

if I'm there any bar is good value heh

Scala at Siam Square for the duck

attachicon.gif1406903990626.jpg

attachicon.gif1406904023080.jpg

Yums, thank you - think I could go early on Friday like 5:30? Happen to have a phone number? Google gets a movie theatre, Oh wait got it Uh Ohhh Scala features shark Fin soup... Oh noooooooo

Conscience vs crispy duck ......Well since Thai Air is no longer transporitng it, and the facebook page is down..maybe crispy duck However I do not see Peking Duck on the menu at http://www.scalasharkfin.com/our_menu.html

I see the Pickled Liver mentioned alot, is there a band there? What is so good about it?

PS, I have never been there, where on soi 7 or 7/1 ?

It's at the very end of soi 7/1, just before the right hand turn that becomes soi 9. In fact, walking down soi 9 and turning left at the end will alleviate the massage offers you'll be bombarded with on soi 7/1. Of course, you'll deal with a negative olefactory experience by doing that. That's Bangkok.

What I like about it is this - convenient location, nice group of friendly regulars that welcome anyone from anywhere but is removed from the crush of the tourists, always sports on TV, small enough to be cozy but expandable to accommodate larger groups, an outdoor wooden deck, and a staff that doesn't give you a bunch of token smiles. Did I mention the Happy Hour prices are pretty darn good? Second cheapest pint of Guinness/Magners I've found (220/199 thb) in Bangkok.

Nearly every time I've been there I've met some interesting people to engage in conversation in an environment that is conducive to conversation (i.e., there isn't loud pounding music.)

Oh - and you don't have to climb stairs to use the loo.

Edited by Diplomatico

The Black Swan- although I've found the morning staff to be a bit miserable and not really friendly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Black Swan also gets my vote...never had any problems with miserable staff though, always friendly to me.

The Happy Beer Garden on Suriwong road, in front of the Montien plaza.

The most enjoyable part is the people watching, you are directly opposite Patpong 1 & Patpong 2, but the other side of the road and is not a hostess bar, but you can watch all the young, middle aged and elderly peruse the markets as if it was a normal night in Europe. A couple of hours later, when the heat and the exotic night life has hit them and you just sit back, take another glug and think,' boy is he gonna regret that in the morning'. Or not as the case may be. laugh.png