Localized interest rates for savings accounts

leb0wsk1

I've been searching around the interwebs for some information on current interest rates being offered by Thai bank for savings accounts (fixed term or otherwise).

Given the dearth of up-to-date factual information available on their websites regarding the rates they offer, I can only conclude that rates and promotions are hyper-localized to individual branches.

Just walking around and browsing the offers promoted in different bank's retail store-fronts would seem to confirm that this is the case.

If they're all kind of similar then so be it, though I was wondering if anyone had local branch info/deals they could share with the wider TV community.

Has anyone here noticed any tough-to-beat rates advertised over the last few days in their local branches?

Cheers!

leb0wsk1

"Given the dearth of up-to-date factual information available on their websites regarding the rates they offer, I can only conclude that rates and promotions are hyper-localized to individual branches."

I doubt this is the case. E.g., Kasikorn bank rates are here, regardless of branch as far as I can see.

Btw, interest rates are pitiful worldwide, at least in countries with low inflation, because of all the central bank monetary policies. Putting significant money into long-term deposits seems to be a losing proposition.

I would be curious how expats dependent on a income from savings are managing things if they don't mind sharing.