uPVC COMPANIES

Chopper

I have searched the archives but I am trying to see if there is anymore recent feedback.

I have recently had several quotes for uPVC from ARC, EUROPVC and DeKu uPVC (formerly known as WR Vinyl).

The latter DeKu seem the most competitive price wise. Has anyone used this company recently and what did you make of their service.

Also if anyone has used DeKu in years gone by how are your uPVC windows/doors holding up. Any comments/feedback or experiences appreciated.

Owners in previous threads claim their uPVC has held up well in Thailand.

One guy mentioned stainless steel with approval and of course then didn't reveal any local dealers who have it. :)

Hi. When I changed my doors/windows in early 2012, I asked quoted to these same companies.
ARC was the most expensive, WR was the cheapest.
I choose EuroPVC and am happy with the result,
mainly for my big 3-pannels tainted-double-glass terrace window/door.
uPVC still is as new.

I have used EuroPVC on several big and small installations in my home over the past few years and absolutely no complaints.  Aaron is the boss and Barry handles daily  operations

When it was WR Vinyl I had 3 different lots of work done.

All three seem to have weathered well over the last 2-4 years.

I don't really understand Basil B's comment at all - although he does admit he is uninitiated......... wink.png

Edited by topt

PVC isn't supposed to stand up very well to ultraviolet radiation such as we get a lot of here. But my main objection to it is that it it invariably involves very thick risers (profiles). Aluminium on the other hand can offer very thin risers (profiles). Unfortunately I have yet to come across anyone here who can offer good quality double-glazed aluminium units at anything approaching a reasonable price, and that includes some of the suppliers mentioned above.

PVC isn't supposed to stand up very well to ultraviolet radiation such as we get a lot of here. But my main objection to it is that it it invariably involves very thick risers (profiles). Aluminium on the other hand can offer very thin risers (profiles). Unfortunately I have yet to come across anyone here who can offer good quality double-glazed aluminium units at anything approaching a reasonable price, and that includes some of the suppliers mentioned above.

You even bothered to look up what the U in uPvc stands for ?

http://www.diffen.com/difference/PVC_vs_uPVC

Sunparadise in Chasoengsaw has high quality aluminium windows and doors, and so does ARC who import their aluminium windows from Europe.

Of course I hear you coming already with your decent price comment.

Next..........

You even bothered to look up what the U in uPvc stands for ?

No, because I already know what it means.

Did you bother to read my main objection to PVC as opposed to aluminium? Apparently not.

Sunparadise in Chasoengsaw has high quality aluminium windows and doors, and so does ARC who import their aluminium windows from Europe.

Of course I hear you coming already with your decent price comment.

You have good hearing.

Been to one of those and got their huge quote, which did not include making good (in fact it specifically excluded it). I never got a satisfactory explanation from them as to how they intended to finish the join between the existing floor and the new frames, and so I saw no point wasting any more time with them. Not heard of the other supplier but will pop along next week and sound them out.

I dont mind paying a fair price for a job correctly done, but I'm not paying over the odds for a half-arsed bodge-up such as is generally performed here.

Sunparadise in Chasoengsaw has high quality aluminium windows and doors,
and so does ARC who import their aluminium windows from Europe.

Are you really sure about that?
What I remember is that they have frames made "at German Standard"
but certainly not made in Germany or Europe, but in Thailand or China...

Sunparadise in Chasoengsaw has high quality aluminium windows and doors,
and so does ARC who import their aluminium windows from Europe.

Are you really sure about that?
What I remember is that they have frames made "at German Standard"
but certainly not made in Germany or Europe, but in Thailand or China...

Their uPvc windows are from Veka, a German company but their Asian sales are produced in Asis.

Their Aluminium windows and doors are imported. I know of another uPvc company in Bangkok who import their aluminium windows from Belgium.

Decent aluminium, not the crap that is installed in 90% of the houses here, is more expensive than the uPvc.

PVC in Thailand, I would never buy the cheapest...

The thing is that uPvc in it's original existence isn't suitable for windows and doors, it needs a small amount of stabilisers and additives.

This is some kind of experimenting until you get the right mix. European manufacturers are way ahead in this process, while Chinese manufacturers are catching up fast.

Thai producers as usual have no idea of what they are doing and their profiles are way below standard, resulting in discoloring and degrading.

Their Aluminium windows and doors are imported. I know of another uPvc company in Bangkok who import their aluminium windows from Belgium.

I would be interested in knowing who they are.

I agree that the imported aluminium profiles offered by the Pattaya dealer I saw were of good quality, but the price was very high (5 times the price of having the same job done by a Thai company using local profiles and double-glazing). And as I mentioned they were unable or unwilling to explain how they would do the join between the floor tiles and the new frame, which was completely unacceptable to me.

If I could have (u)PVC windows I probably would, but the profiles are simply too thick to satisfy either me or the regulations in my building. It has to be aluminium. I'm surprised more people here dont import the higher quality profiles and parts as the basic technique for constructing the frames with imported parts is exactly the same as that used to construct them from Thai parts.

I had read that thread before, and I found your recent update interesting.

Not that it's relevant to anything but apparently the company you used now stipulate that any old aluminium frames/windows removed belong to them (presumably because they recycle them and get paid).

I would like to know more about the Bangkok company that imports aluminium profiles from Belgium.

Thanks all for your comments and feedback. This has been and still is a huge learning curve.

Whilst as yet I am still undecided I will be using a company that uses German quality profiles and is a licensed agent for the brand.

I had read that thread before, and I found your recent update interesting.

Not that it's relevant to anything but apparently the company you used now stipulate that any old aluminium frames/windows removed belong to them (presumably because they recycle them and get paid).

I would like to know more about the Bangkok company that imports aluminium profiles from Belgium.

They are too expensive, since it is clear you can't value quality, and that is probably also the reason the other company didn't come back to you as they noticed it already.

Importing aluminium in Thailand costs money, since Thailand is a aluminium producer, and when you started comparing the imported product with the local it was clear you had no idea.

The construction of the imported aluminium can't be compared with the local product in a light year.

Google is your friend

They are too expensive, since it is clear you can't value quality, and that is probably also the reason the other company didn't come back to you as they noticed it already.

Perhaps one day you will read first and spout off later. Or maybe not.

They did get back to me, several times. But they were unable to explain how they would finish the join between the floor and the new frames, even though I asked repeatedly. As a result of which I excluded them from my short-list.
Product quality and price had nothing to do with it, as I am perfectly prepared to pay for a good job well-done, as I mentioned, and I was not put off by their price even though it was high. What put me off was the lack of information and the fact that they would not do any making good on the job, which led me to doubt whether they would do a proper job at all.

Importing aluminium in Thailand costs money, since Thailand is a aluminium producer, and when you started comparing the imported product with the local it was clear you had no idea.

I will compare what I want with what I want, thanks.
Comparing those two items gave me a very good idea of the relative product costs and mark-ups involved as the labour element for both would have been quite similar. I also compared the price here with what I paid for 14 high quality replacement aluminium double-glazed units I had made for a house in Europe, which was equally informative.

They did get back to me, several times. But they were unable to explain how they would finish the join between the floor and the new frames, even though I asked repeatedly. As a result of which I excluded them from my short-list.
Product quality and price had nothing to do with it, as I am perfectly prepared to pay for a good job well-done, as I mentioned, and I was not put off by their price even though it was high. What put me off was the lack of information and the fact that they would not do any making good on the job, which led me to doubt whether they would do a proper job at all.

Comparing those two items gave me a very good idea of the relative product costs and mark-ups involved as the labour element for both would have been quite similar. I also compared the price here with what I paid for 14 high quality replacement aluminium double-glazed units I had made for a house in Europe, which was equally informative.

A joint between the floor and frame has only one way to be closed, and that is using an elastic substance, sometimes also called silicone.

If you think the labor involved in installing high grade aluminium windows is the same as the with crap which is used here, then you've never seen the finished product in my opinion.

ARC is a company that is know for it's high quality standard, though that comes at a price.

I had uPvc windows installed by a company mentioned in this thread, and they were all removed when they said the job was completed, money paid back, and other windows installed by the Bangkok company. You can install the same uPvc or aluminium windows in many different ways, and the first company clearly did it wrong.

As for you comparing the price of the high grade aluminium windows here with the ones that you had installed in your home country, probably many years ago in the first place since you live in Thailand now, but were those also imported from the other side of the world ?

Thanks all for your comments and feedback. This has been and still is a huge learning curve.

Whilst as yet I am still undecided I will be using a company that uses German quality profiles and is a licensed agent for the brand.

OP I would strongly suggest you make sure you ask and get confirmation about the finishing as KK mentions. Especially if in taking out old windows, or fitting the new, bits of plaster come adrift.

And best of luck - would be interesting to get the feedback after the job is completed?

A joint between the floor and frame has only one way to be closed, and that is using an elastic substance, sometimes also called silicone.

If you think the labor involved in installing high grade aluminium windows is the same as the with crap which is used here, then you've never seen the finished product in my opinion.

ARC is a company that is know for it's high quality standard, though that comes at a price.

I had uPvc windows installed by a company mentioned in this thread, and they were all removed when they said the job was completed, money paid back, and other windows installed by the Bangkok company. You can install the same uPvc or aluminium windows in many different ways, and the first company clearly did it wrong.

As for you comparing the price of the high grade aluminium windows here with the ones that you had installed in your home country, probably many years ago in the first place since you live in Thailand now, but were those also imported from the other side of the world ?

Really! The joint can only be silicon?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I said an elastic substance.

Ok.. I have seen windows and frames fitted and finished with rubber strips and others using cork, which is extremely efficient.

Op. Check these guys. Never used them but looks interesting.

http://www.prime-asia.co.th/products/

I said an elastic substance.

Ok.. I have seen windows and frames fitted and finished with rubber strips and others using cork, which is extremely efficient.

Op. Check these guys. Never used them but looks interesting.

http://www.prime-asia.co.th/products/

Cork absorbs moist and would decompose over time I would think.