education visa year after year how does it work?

hi all , when i apply for ED visa in thailand i need to leave thailand and take the visa in a thai consulate near thailand . in which country is better it's better to do it cambodia or laos ?

and when i finish studying thai langugae the first and i want to study the french language do i need to go to a thai consulate in cambodia or laos again? or can i simply get ED visa without leaving thailand's borders?

In theory any Thai consulate can grant a Education Visa.

Many people acquire the first ED Visa from consulates in Malaysia or the consulate in Singapore.

Best to inquire at a reputable Thai language school as they will assist you with everything needed.

The best nearby locations are Penang Malaysia and Vientiane Laos to get the visa.

KL Malaysia will not do them for language studies. Cambodia can take up to 4 days.

Once you get your visa and then extensions of stay you can change your course of study without needing a new visa.

• Like 1

I've gotten an ED visa in Savannakhet too (this was between 1 & 2 years ago). Also, there seems to be two types of visa setups for students -- with one type you can stay in the country and do 90 day reports; with the other, the visa expires after 90 days and you'd need to leave Thailand to get a new one. So best to check the details with your school.

It is not two types of visa. The first one you mention is an extension of stay, the other is a multiple-entry non-ED visa.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app