Cuisine de Garden---a really imaginative restaurant

neilrob

Cuisine de Garden is a very imaginative restaurant well worth trying. It's in Hang Dong between the Canal Road and 108. Difficult to describe how to get there, so I recommend using Google and finding a map. I have eaten there many times and I live nowhere near Hang Dong---it's worth travelling for. They recently started a new menu---see attached copy. This menu changes a bit from time to time. I have eaten there twice with the new menu and found it excellent. Not cheap at 999B plus 10% service, but I still think it is a bargain for the quality of the cooking. You get 8 courses, since you get all three of the prologues (small of course) and a choice of one from each of the next five courses.

I particularly like how they combine flavours. Sunchoke is an example. This is sunchoke (Jerusalem artichoke) chips on a small bed of risotto with hazelnuts and smoked mackerel. It may sound odd, but it is scrumptious!

I have absolutely no relationship with the restaurant, other than being an enthusiastic consumer of their food. I would just like to see an outstanding restaurant thrive as it deserves.

post-44087-0-42108900-1406456029_thumb.j

• Like 1

I know this place quite well as i pass it on the way to my Thai mates village. It literally is in the middle of no where, between bamboo and fencing yards, mom and pop shops and almost next door to a care facility for dogs or people (i forget!)maybe both!

It must be doing reasonably well as its been there over 3yr to my knowledge.

So coming along the canal road as soon as you reach the lights with right turn to Samoeng and left turn to Hang Dong go straight ahead and take an awkward left turn about 50m after the lights, almost still on the chicane where the canal switches lanes. Follow the lane down which runs parallel to the Samoeng/Hang Dong road, and its about a mile down on the left, quite discreet.

It does eventually come out on the busy Hang Dong road so its accessible from two directions.

I have never dined there but at least I can steer you in the right direction.

Agree. Great place. Albeit$$$. Wife had a fit!! You know, can eat for 4 days on that....Yes, but I don't want to live onSomTam and Kai Yang 24/7....But she liked it!!!

Edited by laolover88
  • Like 1

Imaginative pricing and menu spello's ... crikey, it would have to be Michelin rated, no?

Good on 'em if doing well but would love to see foodie pics and hear more reviews before Sparkles and I try it out :)

Agree. Great place. Albeit$$$. Wife had a fit!! You know, can eat for 4 days on that....Yes, but I don't want to live onSomTam and Kai Yang 24/7....But she liked it!!!

Glad to hear your wife (whom I presume is Thai) likes the restaurant. From my observation they have more Thai customers than Western.