German Citizen marrying a thai - what paperwork from German Embassy?

PomRakBKK

According to the embassy website i need my birth certificate and a paper that states that i am legally allowed to marry her and not currently married or something like this. 

Does the embassy provide those documents for me? 

I only have a copy of my birth certificate and i have no time to fly to germany now to get all the original paper work. 

I have read of several people that just married with their passport and the letter that they are allowed to marry legally ( UK people ). Does the same apply for germans or are there any 'laid back' amphurs which arent so strict on the paper work? 

Lookng for the easiest and fastest solution. 

Thanks 

Thera is no easy and fast solution for Germans. To get this certificate you will need to have a few more documents ready and translated. Not only from yourself but as well from your girlfriend. First she need to have the certificate that she is single. That she will get at the Amphoe where she is registered. This will need to be translated together with her birth certificate and tabien baan. Once this is translated you will need to get it legalized by the Embassy in Bangkok. After legalization you will need to send it to the "Standesamt" in Germany where you are registered. You will need to do this with an original birth certificate. They will then issue you a "Ledigkeitsbescheinigung" which you need to get the affidavit to marry from the German Embassy.
Easier way would be to register and get married in Hong Kong. No documentation needed. Just send in the request to get married together with the check. 20-45 days later you can go to Hong Kong and get married within 5 days.

Thera is no easy and fast solution for Germans. To get this certificate you will need to have a few more documents ready and translated. Not only from yourself but as well from your girlfriend. First she need to have the certificate that she is single. That she will get at the Amphoe where she is registered. This will need to be translated together with her birth certificate and tabien baan. Once this is translated you will need to get it legalized by the Embassy in Bangkok. After legalization you will need to send it to the "Standesamt" in Germany where you are registered. You will need to do this with an original birth certificate. They will then issue you a "Ledigkeitsbescheinigung" which you need to get the affidavit to marry from the German Embassy.
Easier way would be to register and get married in Hong Kong. No documentation needed. Just send in the request to get married together with the check. 20-45 days later you can go to Hong Kong and get married within 5 days.

Thanks for your post! If we get married in Hong Kong can i still obtain a non O visa based on marriage in thailand? 

Thanks for your post! If we get married in Hong Kong can i still obtain a non O visa based on marriage in thailand? 

You should be able too once it is recognized in Thailand. As far as I am aware it will be certified by the Thai embassy in Hong Kong. Afterwards you will need to get it registered in Thailand. Not sure about that process though.

You should be able too once it is recognized in Thailand. As far as I am aware it will be certified by the Thai embassy in Hong Kong. Afterwards you will need to get it registered in Thailand. Not sure about that process though.

Hong Kong is not Las Vegas or Gretna Green...

Be careful : I would be very surprised there are shortcuts to avoid getting documents from the city or town where you are registered in Germany (or where you were born).  German embassies or consulates do not have updates about the marital status of the whole German population....they can only act on documents which have been issued by your local German authorities.

The HKG marriage registrar will also want to verify the marital status of your future wife.

I cannot believe that HKG authorities will marry you without having seen those documents (translation in English and then legalised)

I am german too, and about to get married to my Thai Girlfriend.  All I can say, there is no other way around as the way TobiasML described.   Any marriage made in another country, be it Hongkong or even in Thailand, is not being recognized by german authorities before not their "Standesamt" has approved all the paperwork.  I have been haggling with my local authority about these things, because my GF had been married before and is divorced.  The german authority wants a notary public approved and translated original of her divorce document, as it must be sent to a Berlin based court-council for documentation and re-certification.    

There is a german lawyer office near the Embassy of Germany in Bangkok, which will counsel you on marriage related question and which is able to help and support your requests in this matter.  As per ThaiVisa rules I am not allowed to give you their link, but you can PM me on this matter.

fantastic advice.  This marriage will not get approval from the germans

If you get married it will be possible to have it legalized in Germany. This is due to the "Haguer apostille" which both countries signed. Therefore all legal acts, e.g. Marriages will be legalized by the German state. In this case you do not need to get the "Ledigkeitsbescheinigung" at the "Standesamt" in Germany. Friends of mine got already married in Hong Kong according to their law and it has been accepted. I will be there in October for mine.