retirement visa proof of other income

I was previously told that i must get some sort of certificate or form from the US Embassy to "prove" other income. Does anyone know anything about this? I have rental income. So what I also do not know is how i can "maximize" that income. I actually have net put it on an income tax form . Any helpful hints?

I can only tell you what my own experience was. I made an appointment on line with the U. S. Embassy. When I got to the embassy I filled out a form stating how much money I had coming into Thailand from the US every month. I claimed about 90 Baht I think. The embassy do not ask for any proof or evidence that I really had that sum of money transferred to Thailand on a monthly basis. I signed the form, they stamped it, I paid my fee and then took the form to Thai Immigration in Jomthien. The next day I picked up my passport with a one year retirement visa. It was dead easy. This was two years ago so things might have changed. Good luck

Just a heads up!

The US Embassy does not require any proof, as said, it is a sworn notarized statement. Immigration will require the original form.

Even though the US Embassy doesn't require any proof,SOME immigration offices will ask for proof in addition to the letter. i always take my yearly pension statements and my bank book but have never been asked. I use the Nakhon Sawan Immigration Office.

• Like 1

Heads up part 2: The US Embassy and the US State Department worldwide will not verify any document in someone's possession -- even a document issued by the US Government itself -- unless it comes directly (through a circuitous chain) to the Embassy from the issuing entity else it may not be an original or may have been altered or otherwise tampered.

Edited by JLCrab

I forgot to add that i called our us state department and no one could tell me the form number.

You may have already considered but make sure that IRS, FACTA, income, other income and SS benefits are coordinated. You don't want to find that proving your "income sources" don't tie together with the forms you must fill out for IRS, FACTA and so on as a US Citizen.

"The embassy do not ask for any proof or evidence that I really had that sum of money transferred to Thailand on a monthly basis."

You just have to have the income. There is no requirement to bring it here.

Heads up part 2: The US Embassy and the US State Department worldwide will not verify any document in someone's possession -- even a document issued by the US Government itself -- unless it comes directly (through a circuitous chain) to the Embassy from the issuing entity else it may not be an original or may have been altered or otherwise tampered.

In the case of the income affidavit, they are not verifying anything, they are notarizing your signature made in their presence and after asking you if the information you are providing is true and accurate.

The income form is here and can be fill out on your computer and brought to the embassy or consulate ( after making an appointment) or to one of the consular outreach visits.

Form here: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/income_affidavit_retirees.pdf

Notarial service information here : http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/notarial-services.html#income_affidavit