The end of corruption, am I the only one who will miss it?

Lockind

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that many on here applauded the attack on corruption by the Junta.Very few realised where this would end.For me, if all the non thais who are corrupt vanish,Then Thailand will be a better place.

The corrupt thais will only go as long as the JUNTA want the vote,then back in they come 

• Like 1

I believe that many on here applauded the attack on corruption by the Junta.Very few realised where this would end.For me, if all the non thais who are corrupt vanish,Then Thailand will be a better place.

The corrupt thais will only go as long as the JUNTA want the vote,then back in they come 

I think you have been reading to much comments on the news section of tv where  pro junta farangs/yellow shirt lovers who know titi about recent Thai history concerning coups,when new elections will be held everything will just be like it was before until a next coup will occur.

Just a big pr stunt by the junta leaders nothing more.

I still can not fathom why foreigners take things for granted who have no right to vote in Thailand from crappy English media outlets in Thailand.

• Like 1

I think you have been reading to much comments on the news section of tv where  pro junta farangs/yellow shirt lovers who know titi about recent Thai history concerning coups,when new elections will be held everything will just be like it was before until a next coup will occur.

I still can not fathom why foreigners take things for granted who have no right to vote in Thailand from crappy English media outlets in Thailand.

come on, you can't be serious. The junta sucessfully turned the motosai jacket from orange to bright orange. They also broadcast for free the world cup.

And dont forget they asked the bank to provide loan to people who are victims of loan sharks.

mmmh i think you need your shot of happinesswhistling.gif

i enjoy youre sarcasm.

come on, you can't be serious. The junta sucessfully turned the motosai jacket from orange to bright orange. They also broadcast for free the world cup.

And dont forget they asked the bank to provide loan to people who are victims of loan sharks.

i enjoy youre sarcasm.

actually that was irony

... as i dont want to hurt the yellow looneylaugh.png

But they haven't done anything about Thailands dreadful road fatalities, have they? Once they start that it will be time to rejoice. But don't hold your breath.

mmmh i think you need your shot of happiness:whistling:

But they haven't done anything about Thailands dreadful road fatalities, have they? Once they start that it will be time to rejoice. But don't hold your breath.

I don't think that's why they seized power to be honest. The reason was to preserve peace in the country as Thailand was heading into a civil war and they've done a pretty good job of it so far.

That's a very good answer, but I still think they should be making it a priority to sort out the reason for all these road fatalities,they are running the country after all.

No no no no! Pahleese don't start up the Traffic Nazis vs the Libertarians again. There should be an annual limit on the number of times this topic can appear in different guises.  But if it makes you feel better, yes, they have done a little already. Traffic police in Chiang Mai stop motorcycles from parking in front of the white line. Ah, ok. No lives saved there. BUT, I have been reliably informed that they are also arresting drivers who smell of alcohol - without the bother of dodgy technology like breathalysers. And the arresting officers were not interested in money in their own pockets. Good on 'em. It does seem that someone has stuck at least a small cat amongst the pigeons.

mmmh i think you need your shot of happiness:whistling:

No no no no! Pahleese don't start up the Traffic Nazis vs the Libertarians again. There should be an annual limit on the number of times this topic can appear in different guises.  But if it makes you feel better, yes, they have done a little already. Traffic police in Chiang Mai stop motorcycles from parking in front of the white line. Ah, ok. No lives saved there. BUT, I have been reliably informed that they are also arresting drivers who smell of alcohol - without the bother of dodgy technology like breathalysers. And the arresting officers were not interested in money in their own pockets. Good on 'em. It does seem that someone has stuck at least a small cat amongst the pigeons.

Glad to hear that if it's true, next stop, get the underage motor cyclists off the road.

Do not fret dear friend, corruption in Thailand is here to stay, it might take a step backward,

it might be a bit of a hush hush now, but you will be able to find it and use it to your heart

content....

I do not believe corruption is going away anywhere , any time soon.

What is going away is a blatant corruption, something clearly obvious such as illegal buildings.

Government employees are still paid the same and will continue to receive donations for less obvious things.

Police will continue their shake downs but on less obvious levels .

Perfect example is the latest experience just the other night.

Someone I know was pulled over for breath test at 3am, which he miserably failed.

Practice in the past was always to get arrested and impossible to get out of it.

He was suggested a 5000 baht donation, negotiated down to 3000 baht and he was let go .

Why? Because current police income has been threatened so more opportunity for individuals to make money in other ways.

Even in nanny states, corruption still exists just on different levels .

For example in Sydney to get approved for condo development within a reasonable time frame, developers often "donate" 1-2 apartments to local council. It's called "charity"

Totally agree. Despite my constant whining if LOS was transparent and no corruption and all had equal rights the prices would go up and you may as well stay at home. I guess you just have to take the good with the bad, if the lights go out without notice take solace that if you were in a hotel in Belgium you would be paying 4 times the amount for decent accom and food and kitty. Long live low prices and cheap entertainment (Just watch out for yourself).