how common is good cheap food in 7/11's across pattaya?

tomtom345

hi all i just saw a youtube video in wich someone showed that many 7/11's in bangkok have good cheap food , like hmburgers wich can be cooked to order for 20-22 baht and sandwiches wich only cost 27 baht . is it common in all 7/11's in pattaya or only in several big 7/11's or only in 7/11's in touristic areas?

The "burger Kung" is pretty good. I used to take the gals from the local shop next to my hotel down there every few days. Price is right, they enjoyed a little break from work. Instant noodle soup you just add hot water to is OK for a filler. I wouldn't try the pre-made sandwiches though. Don't really know where they have been or how long they sat in the back of a truck in the sun while being delivered. Stick with the frozen items and you are probably OK. One of the hot dogs now and then are OK. Best guess as to what is in em. The stores have microwaves and hot water right there.

please don't emphatize the synonym " good " to this kind of food . . . . . . it does not apply to food offered at any 7/11 or similar businesses.

Have you ever eaten this stuff ? This microwave-heated, pre-fabricated , processed analogue cheese spreaded, formated meat infested calorie bombs ? I am glad my experiment days are over.

It is just "industrially processed" foodstuff. The only "good" thing of your post is, that you attribute it to be "cheap" also ! That's indeed what it is ! More in the negative sense , not meant to be budget-wise "good".

In my business we used to say " you get what you pay for" . . and so is cheap s...t

To be frankly, the red curry on rice tastes better then in most restaurants. I bet it is at least clean and the risk to get diarrhea is zero. In this kind, i trust more in 7/11 food then to common Thai restaurants.

It's common across all 7/11s anx ok if you're desperate enough for a quick bite to eat.

I find the chicken pizza mix ok but, yes, it is industrially processed and probably not particularly healthy. A nuked cup of noodles may be better for you?

Virtually ever 7/1l in Thailand sells the same stuff.

You'd think that, but as frequent 7Eleven shopper I've noticed quite a variation in items carried from store to store.... even with basics such as milk.

please don't emphatize the synonym " good " to this kind of food . . . . . . it does not apply to food offered at any 7/11 or similar businesses.

Have you ever eaten this stuff ? This microwave-heated, pre-fabricated , processed analogue cheese spreaded, formated meat infested calorie bombs ? I am glad my experiment days are over.

It is just "industrially processed" foodstuff. The only "good" thing of your post is, that you attribute it to be "cheap" also ! That's indeed what it is ! More in the negative sense , not meant to be budget-wise "good".

In my business we used to say " you get what you pay for" . . and so is cheap s...t

To be frankly, the red curry on rice tastes better then in most restaurants. I bet it is at least clean and the risk to get diarrhea is zero. In this kind, i trust more in 7/11 food then to common Thai restaurants.

I agree, and the packaged cakes are better than what you can find at the supermarket bakeries, and for 1/4 the price. You get consistent quality and never dry.

I like the shelf dedicated to overnight miniatures - Listerine, toothbrush, mini toothpaste, Johnsons baby oil, mini deodorant etc. A nice touch for the few who visit Thailand for sex.

Edited by Thaiberius
  • Like 1

non-existence ! (good food in 7/11s)

wrong place for eating !

I can understand, why someone is asking this, standing inside that kind of shop, but to ask this on an internet forum?

kind of survival strategy for first-timers in Thailand ?

hint: there are many cheap restaurants/ food stalls everywhere

(hint: no need for buying flight ticket: 7/11 shops at home and hookers even less expensive,no need to travel across half of surface of mother earth..

Edited by dieter1

non-existence ! (good food in 7/11s)

wrong place for eating !

I can understand, why someone is asking this, standing inside that kind of shop, but to ask this on an internet forum?

kind of survival strategy for first-timers in Thailand ?

hint: there are many cheap restaurants/ food stalls everywhere

(hint: no need for buying flight ticket: 7/11 shops at home and hookers even less expensive,no need to travel across half of surface of mother earth..

you are pissed today aren't you?

I agree, and the packaged cakes are better than what you can find at the supermarket bakeries, and for 1/4 the price. You get consistent quality and never dry.

I'd don't really like to know what makes them so they never dry !

I always thought it was the air tight packaging which keeps them moist.

I always thought it was the air tight packaging which keeps them moist.

Beleive their filled with some sort of gas to keep their life longer , cant remember the name but its used alot , in crisp packets , mixed salad bags etc.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Spicy Pork Rice burgers, toasted ham and cheese sandwich, cheesy and smoky bite hot dogs, strawberry flavored milk. boiled eggs. 3 in 1 instant coffee. The list goes on. You can live off 7 food for quite a while no problem. Not the healthiest though should try and get some fresh fruit and vegetables into the diet at some point.

• Like 1

Late night, in addition to 7/11 I recommend the counter top diner inside Foodland up off pattaya Klang. It really is pretty good and it is open just about all the time. Kind of reminds me of growing up here in the states with the silver top diners, short order cooks, etc.