Thai actress Janie divorce goes public as she flees to US

webfact

This is a great big problem in Thai society. For some reason Thai society turns a blind eye to violence against woman or violence in general Thai society blanks out someone smoking on TV but if a man hits a woman they leave it for 5 year old little boys to see that is ok to do.

No question this is a learned action. This is also one reason Thai woman do not like Thai men.

This is truly corruption in its evil face. Stop the violence against woman This will solve a lot of problems

Good on you Janie You did the right thing You are not a battered wife in the worst of syndromes

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Janie who ????

I better pay more attentions to the mind numbing Thai soaps from now on....

You know who she is.

She's the one who screams, cries and over acts.

I guess that doesn't really narrow it down too much, does it?biggrin.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sadly it is abound the Thai husband/ wife abuse. When the police is called they will say they do not interfere with domestic affairs....

Not saying it doesn't happen in the West but a lot less, it seems.

No. The difference is that in the U.S. an abuser will be hauled off to jail and if the wife presses charges then he gets a trial. Here the police don't do anything to protect the woman -- who is property of the man in a marriage under Thai law.

• Like 1

There was a good article on spousal abuse today in the BK Post, where it clearly pointed out the failure of Thai police to take any action on domestic abuse due to the "macho" male dominated society in LOS. Basically a Thai man feels that a wife is his property to be used as he sees fit, and the cops have pretty much the same attitude and don't get involved.

• Like 1

Why did she marry into a family like that in the first place?

Beautiful girl, and she looks intelligent too...

Gee, let me think! Money? Attracted to the bad-boy image and lifestyle? Got off on the violence surrounding the guy?

This is so prevalent in Thai women. Attracted to police/mafia types and then suddenly shocked when it comes back to bite them on the ass.

No sympathy here.

Well, Janie. I am available.

I'm a little older than you but if you fancy a farang boyfriend who treats you with respect and love, I am your man. Please private message me for contact details. Thanks!

Unless you have huge amounts of cash, like to attack people in the street and come from a mafia family, I don't think you stand much of a chance with this type of woman. Look past the pretty face and there's just shallow greed. Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 2

I remember when this marriage hit the news. My Thai wife was watching, told me what was going on, then remarked: "Stupid girl! This won't last a year.! Yesterday when the news of the divorce broke I had to grudgingly admit to her that for the first time in the 7 years I've known her, she was actually right about something. whistling.gif

• Like 2

The Asavahame family are the murderous thugs that run Samut Prakan. Many actresses marry into this kind of family due to the power, wealth and protection it gives. However, hanging out with people who rule by fear does not always bring about the desired results.

And Chonsavat himself is upholding the family tradition of thuggery admirably. In the late 1990s (if I remember it right) he was stopped in inner Bangkok (Asoke?) for speeding by a policeman. When he disagreed that he should be fined, he showed the officer what a respectable member of a mafia clan does in such a situation, deliberately backed up his Mercedes and drove over the policeman, injuring him severely (I think he was paralyzed).

Since these were golden times, the scion didn't even have to flee the country or fall ill during an overseas trip. Instead, the family was simply paid off. Case closed.

How this thug became chairman of a high government organization is anybody's guess.

Shame on Janie that the didn't check out her future husband's background a bit more thoroughly. But then again, wealth and power - however ill-acquired - does present an irresistible lure for her kind of ilk.

Actually, I am correcting myself. Have looked up the case on the Internet. Depending on which sources one consults, Chonavat was stopped by the police officer for speeding AND drunk driving. When confronted, he allegedly waved a hand gun into the officer's face and - also allegedly - uttered the dreaded sentence routinely used by the offspring of "influential" - i.e. mafia - families: "Do you know who my father is?"

The unveiled threats didn't impress the officer at all and he still insisted that Chonavat was to either pay a fine or accompany him down to the police station to be formally charged. This insolence - i.e. the police officer performing his duty - allegedly incensed Chonavat so much that he drove his car over the cop. He later claimed it was an accident.

Why did she marry into a family like that in the first place?

Beautiful girl, and she looks intelligent too...

LOOKS intelligent? How does that one work then? All we KNOW about her 'intelligence' is that it told her to chase the money, wealth, power thing and that, at least when it went horribly (bruised!) pear-shaped she changed her mind and wanted out!... don't think I'd give her any A-levels or a degree based on this, nor on being pretty, especially when the only certificate she seems proud to brandish (to the media!) is a divorce decree!!! wai.gif

Edited by spectrumisgreen

While beating woman (if indeed he did) is deplorable, she made her bed!

If memory serves me right, she was dating him whilst he was still married to a previous wife, perfectly happy playing the 'mia noi' just like one of her dramas!

Now they've divorced, one can't help think 'som nom na' Janie, maybe a little karma there too.

How very cute though to play the whole thing out on social media, 'NARAK AHH', showing your dates out with a married man, now your war scars and even your divorce papers, pathetic.

What is sad, is the way young girls look up to her yet really she seems to be just like one of her sad, greedy, promiscuous characters.

Marry a dog, expect to get bit!

• Like 1

Takes a brave man to do this, nearly as brave as beating a child. Wife beaters and child abusers rank pretty close to each other as the lowest form of scum.

the other form of scum are the ones who lower their value for money. who destroy lives to save money or make a profit. and those who lie for profit. by the looks of it this guy has it all.

Janie divorce goes public as she flees to US

By Coconuts Bangkok

divorced.jpg?itok=UEN9as16

BANGKOK: -- A top lakorn actress and object of much speculation after she appeared badly beaten in images online has indeed divorced from the husband suspected by many to have been responsible for the abuse.

Photos of Janie Asavahame holding divorce papers were posted by online by a celebrity gossip publication this evening, but without any indication of when they were taken or who leaked them.

Less than one year ago Janie married Chonsawat Asavahame under some controversy, as he was believed happily married up until that point.

Several days ago rumors spread the couple had split as much as four months earlier after someone leaked images of a badly bruised woman appearing to be Janie and holding the same distinctive phone cover. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/07/29/janie-divorce-goes-public-she-flees-us

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-07-30

I'm not saying she wasn't abused but anyone with those kind of bruises has a serious vitamin 'C' deficiency. If you know anyone who bruises easily, please have them take vitamin 'C'. My mother used to get terrible bruises and my father was always kind to her. I put her on vitamin 'C' and she never bruised again.

Another kind soul giving medical advice without a license to practice. You need a work permit just the same.

• Like 1

Janie divorce goes public as she flees to US

By Coconuts Bangkok

divorced.jpg?itok=UEN9as16

BANGKOK: -- A top lakorn actress and object of much speculation after she appeared badly beaten in images online has indeed divorced from the husband suspected by many to have been responsible for the abuse.

Photos of Janie Asavahame holding divorce papers were posted by online by a celebrity gossip publication this evening, but without any indication of when they were taken or who leaked them.

Less than one year ago Janie married Chonsawat Asavahame under some controversy, as he was believed happily married up until that point.

Several days ago rumors spread the couple had split as much as four months earlier after someone leaked images of a badly bruised woman appearing to be Janie and holding the same distinctive phone cover. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/07/29/janie-divorce-goes-public-she-flees-us

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-07-30

I'm not saying she wasn't abused but anyone with those kind of bruises has a serious vitamin 'C' deficiency. If you know anyone who bruises easily, please have them take vitamin 'C'. My mother used to get terrible bruises and my father was always kind to her. I put her on vitamin 'C' and she never bruised again.

Another kind soul giving medical advice without a license to practice. You need a work permit just the same.

Since when are water soluble vitamins, medicine? I gave nutritional advice; not medical advise. Maybe you don't know the difference. (BTW, how do you know I don't have a license to practice medicine?)

I used to be a vegetarian and knowledge of nutrition is especially vital to health when your diet is limited. Do you disagree with my statement that 'easy bruising indicates a vitamin 'C' deficiency' or are you just being a busybody?

Bit like marrying Luca Brasi

That family have a horrible reputation. But yes, like others said, it's a common theme in that branch of society. It's a trade off with money and security against marrying people who are basically rich enough to do what they bloody well like and have never had to learn the difference between right or wrong. Any problems are solved with a few grand in the back pocket

No one should expect to be beaten like that but Thailand is still quite 1970's about this kind of thing. Most of the general public are seemingly more interested about the divorce settlement than they are about her being a battered woman. Public sympathy is a bit meh here

Supposing it was her ex husband who is the cause of those wicked looking bruises, all credit to her for getting out of the marriage. Many women would not get a divorce and use a multitude of excuses for the husbands behaviour.

I can also understand why she has decided to leave the country. When the results of such violence is put on public display and the price of life can be so cheap in Thailand + massive loss of face to the ex, getting out seems the best option.

Hmm, If he did this, why is he not in gaol? isn't assault a crime any more or is that just for the lo-so's.

Something I don't understand here in LOS is after a man beats his wife like this lady has been, WHERE THE HELL HER IS HER FARTHER AND BROTHERS???

Despite the a poor ling grandma and spilling, I sport the cement, in tiredly

• Like 1

Takes a brave man to do this, nearly as brave as beating a child. Wife beaters and child abusers rank pretty close to each other as the lowest form of scum.

Not sure I entirely agree with you here, I've met some Thai ladies that give as good as they get and are a bit handy with a sharp knife.

Would be happier if you claimed domestic violence is inexcusable, rather than you trot out the same old misandry nonsense.

• Like 1

Hmm, If he did this, why is he not in gaol?

It could be she attacked him, it could be he didn't do it, it could be she didn't make a complaint, it could be this is just a publicity stunt for her new Tv drama.

Unlike the rest of the world where man are evil and woman are good, in Thailand there is more equality between the sexes.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Not sure I entirely agree with you here, I've met some Thai ladies that give as good as they get and are a bit handy with a sharp knife.

Would be happier if you claimed domestic violence is inexcusable, rather than you trot out the same old misandry nonsense.

Yes, all domestic violence is inexcusable, but it's not really misandry I think than just acknowledging that men are generally physically stronger than women. In the same way that you wouldn't equate a child hitting an adult as the same as an adult hitting a child.

Yes, all domestic violence is inexcusable, but it's not really misandry I think than just acknowledging that men are generally physically stronger than women. In the same way that you wouldn't equate a child hitting an adult as the same as an adult hitting a child.

This is just not true in Thailand.

Men and women are equally strong.

The women generally do far more manual labour than the men.

Hmm, If he did this, why is he not in gaol? isn't assault a crime any more or is that just for the lo-so's.

Something I don't understand here in LOS is after a man beats his wife like this lady has been, WHERE THE HELL HER IS HER FARTHER AND BROTHERS???

Could you try your comments again, in comprehensible English.

This is just not true in Thailand.

The women generally do far more manual labour than the men.

Physically weaker and mentally stronger (in general). My opinion.

Are you sure?