Simple marriage without the doings

rhythmworx

Are there places in Thailand, preferably Bangkok that I can get married and just pay about B3000, invite Mama and Papa and the kids and then just go for an expensive meal somewhere I plan myself?

Kind of like a registry office marriage we have in the UK, but the main feature being a fine cuisine meal, the family would be well dressed and groomed.

In Thai Culture it's not actually necessary to sign the paper. I would advise likewise.

Just throw a big party wherever you like and have a massive piss up with all the out-laws.

Buy her a nice ring. You're king for a day and still a free man.

Edited by ATF

In Thai Culture it's not actually necessary to sign the paper. I would advise likewise.

Just throw a big party wherever you like and have a massive piss up with all the out-laws.

it may be necessary for a non-o

it may be necessary for a non-o

Paying 25k for a non O is a lot cheaper.

Go to your local Amphur. Should cost you about 40 Baht to get married.

Wrong advise

Perhaps you would like to actually post something useful and elaborate on that. If you have something helpful to share then explain, otherwise for all anyone knows you are against getting married in general or just want to pretend you know something more than you actually do.

I have no interest in getting legally married any time soon but I am curious as to what is required.

• Like 1

When we got married it was a day trip to Bkk. The original intention was to go to the Embassy (British in this case) for the eligible to marry letter, get that translated and signed and then back up-country and do (register) the marriage at the local amphur.

When we went to the translation service, they mentioned they could fast-track the process for a fee (something around 10,000 baht??) and from then on the process was in their hands. They took us back to the embassy and got the translation signed and then off to the registar. By 15:30 that day, after meeting a lot of people with a lot og gold on their shoulders and signing numerous papers, we had the marriage certificate in our hands, and by 16:30 had the translations in English and off back home.

Not the most romantic wedding ever, but both of us were grown up and realized it was only a piece of paper at the end of the day, her being Buddhist and me not being anything.

• Like 1

Go to your local Amphur. Should cost you about 40 Baht to get married.

Wrong advise

Perhaps you would like to actually post something useful and elaborate on that. If you have something helpful to share then explain, otherwise for all anyone knows you are against getting married in general or just want to pretend you know something more than you actually do.

I have no interest in getting legally married any time soon but I am curious as to what is required.

Read another post, i should not need to repeat, so stop being lazyclap2.gif