Use True Move phone SIM in dongle?

Hello...

If I have a 3G SIM card in my iPhone and corresponding plan, can I take it out of my iPhone and use it in a proper dongle? Will it work or is the SIM card set to only work in mobile phones?

If you have experience doing this, please let me know.

Thanks.

Edited by DavidMavec

Can not write about True, but I have used AIS and DTAC SIMs alternately in a phone or a surfstick.

The surfstick will read the SIM and connect with the appropriate network.

I used the generic "MobilePartner" Huawei SW to control the surfstick (9x % of all surfsticks is from Huawei) and not the SW supplied by AIS.

It allows to send control codes (USSD) to the network, with which you can check usage/credit and change plans etc.

Some surfsticks are "branded" in a way that they contain a virtual CD drive with vendor specific SW (also logos of AIS / DTAC printed on).

Also best to use a generic surfstick from Huawei.

Can not write about True, but I have used AIS and DTAC SIMs alternately in a phone or a surfstick.

The surfstick will read the SIM and connect with the appropriate network.

I used the generic "MobilePartner" Huawei SW to control the surfstick (9x % of all surfsticks is from Huawei) and not the SW supplied by AIS.

It allows to send control codes (USSD) to the network, with which you can check usage/credit and change plans etc.

Some surfsticks are "branded" in a way that they contain a virtual CD drive with vendor specific SW (also logos of AIS / DTAC printed on).

Also best to use a generic surfstick from Huawei.

Could you elaborate on the USSD codes - all I have is a blank and apart from 'True Move-H' I don't know any other options.

Thanks in advance.