Who's this elite card for?

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 500k you can rent a place in Phnom Penh for a year , pay for a 1 year visa there, take flights to Bangkok or any other places in Thailand every week for a year and still have money left .

Edited by balo

For anyone's information I have just joined the 5 year scheme, really hassle free process and in reply to the previous post I can only see more and more people joining making the scheme for secure as to be honest up until recently and if it for not reading these forums I didn't know it existed, but it's a perfect solution for my personal situation and I am sure many others now .

Good on you mate. it's what i would have done if i was single

• Like 1

Once again you are coming on trying to scaremonger or bring negativity about this elite card scheme, if the authorities have a 'crack down' on the elite card as you suggest then to genuine people like myself who join the scheme as I am a frequent visitor to the country and spend a considerable % of my Income here in a 100% legal manner then what have we to worry about , I would welcome it...I wouldn't want criminals or others in the country same as any decent person so I hope they would more scrutinise the application process etc and would gladly participate in any further enquiries on my own application as required ..

So you can move on to your next point theguyfromanotherforum

• Like 1

a cunning plan with one minor drawback, Thai banks will not give you interest as you are a foreigner. Unless you have a work permit then they might consider it....

incorrect,ive been getting interest on my current account with bkk bank for over 15years,and im on a ext of stay
  • Like 2

If I were a retired 45yo.(no marriage, school or work) how would you propose

my stay in Thailand until my 50th ?

As you could have learned from countless threads including this one:

Either 500K for Elite card, or school and ED visa.

Otherwise, good luck with bridging up tourist visas.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

For 500k you can rent a place in Phnom Penh for a year , pay for a 1 year visa there, take flights to Bangkok or any other places in Thailand every week for a year and still have money left .

But when taking flights to Thailand every week. You would still need the Elite card ;)

• Like 2

If I were a retired 45yo.(no marriage, school or work) how would you propose

my stay in Thailand until my 50th ?

As you could have learned from countless threads including this one:

Either 500K for Elite card, or school and ED visa.

Otherwise, good luck with bridging up tourist visas.

So why is there such a resistance to the Elite card

• Like 1

Hope you can understand that something costing more than usd 15,000 / eur 10,000 can raise some discussion and reasoning.

If that's not an issue for you, just go ahead and get it.

Hope you can understand that something costing more than usd 15,000 / eur 10,000 can raise some discussion and reasoning.

If that's not an issue for you, just go ahead and get it.

Thanks

This must be one of the stupidest most trollish threads I've seen in the 'Thai visas, residency and work permits Forum' in truth it belongs in the 'Farang Pub' or the bin.

What exactly is the bur up the arse of the OP that prompts this thread?

That someone has the money to spend on an Elite Easy Access membership is their concern and their decision and nothing to do with the OP or anyone else. As with all things it's a matter of weighing up the relative value. Trying to link it to investing 10m Baht for an Investment Visa is obtuse. Sure if you've decided to live in Thailand for the long term it might make sense. However if you want to keep your options open, and your investments offshore, an Elite Easy Access membership is basically a hassle free 5 year visa for Bht500,000 with the option to renew.

The question isn't whether you have X billion or X million to your name, it's all a matter of what you consider easy access to Thailand is worth.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

This must be one of the stupidest most trollish threads I've seen in the 'Thai visas, residency and work permits Forum' in truth it belongs in the 'Farang Pub' or the bin.

What exactly is the bur up the arse of the OP that prompts this thread?

That someone has the money to spend on an Elite Easy Access membership is their concern and their decision and nothing to do with the OP or anyone else. As with all things it's a matter of weighing up the relative value. Trying to link it to investing 10m Baht for an Investment Visa is obtuse. Sure if you've decided to live in Thailand for the long term it might make sense. However if you want to keep your options open, and your investments offshore, an Elite Easy Access membership is basically a hassle free 5 year visa for Bht500,000 with the option to renew.

The question isn't whether you have X billion or X million to your name, it's all a matter of what you consider easy access to Thailand is worth.

You are absolutely right. Additionally, when everyone talks risk one option is $15,500 the other is $312,500. Just saying...

Could you guys be nice with the OP, please?

We enjoy the anti Elite card threads since many years now.

By being too harsh on these bitter posters, I am afraid that they will stop posting about this subject (and at the same time make free advertisement for the Elite card program)...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

So the OP thinks 300,000 USD is easy to just move to Thailand and invest eh? 1: 300k USD in my brokerage account easily earns 4% tax free in my municipal bond funds. Low risk, basically guaranteed income. That is 12,000 USD a year. easily would pay my rent in Thailand. And this does not even take into account any other investing or trading I could do with the 300k 2: Moving 300K USD to Thailand is a risky proposition. Even a casual reader should be familiar with the legal issues, paperwork issues, criminal issues that sometimes creep up Just having the money sitting in a bank is about the poorest return on an investment one can get.

I myself am over 50 and easily qualify for a retirement visa. but for convenience I am considering the 500k Baht elite card. If it really does eliminate 90 day reporting, lots of paperwork, some visa runs etc. then that would be a service I would be interested in.

• Like 1

I myself am over 50 and easily qualify for a retirement visa. but for convenience I am considering the 500k Baht elite card. If it really does eliminate 90 day reporting, lots of paperwork, some visa runs etc. then that would be a service I would be interested in.

Sorry, as mentioned many times already it does not eliminate 90 days reporting.

My comments on the Merlot and 7 million bht house where meant as a light hearted dig at the trolls on here. I can see the steam of envy coming from there ears. As for me there is not one extra raised heatbeat from me for there comments. Living in wonderfull Thailand does that to you. Ive met people like this many times. They can post on a forum but would never say it to your face. Me thinks they need a sense of humour and get some love in there life. Money doesnt and cant make you happy. But being here in Thailand changes you for the better. Now get saving for that Elite card. Well worth it. Ching Ching lol

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

classe et humour, voilà une combinaison!

When I first looked at this, I thought it might be the perfect solution to all the visa hassles.

Looking at it more closely, it looks like the issuing company has liabilities (thousands of members entitled to spas, golfing outings, limousine service etc) and no assets. Therefore I assume it is using the payments of new members to fund its historic liabilities. If the supply of new members dries up, there is every possibility it will wind up due to insolvency again.

You can understand then why so many current members speak of it in glowing terms and encourage new members - who else is going to pay for the golf trips and massages?

If it does wind up again, the visa may well be honored . . but maybe begrudgingly . . I wonder if I'd find myself at the end of immigration line in three years, being quizzed by a hostile immigration officer trying to establish if I was one of the criminals who bought into the card while it was on special offer.

So thank you, but no thank you. I'll wait for a better offer.

The liabilities you mention are a already built into the price and I like many wont even proberbly be using the limos etc we did it to stay in this wonderful country. All the companies like the hotels pay to be part of the scheme so it seams your suggesting its some sort of pyramid scheme. In addition there are annual fees related to the 20 year visa and the 5 year visa has additional cost related to certain services they provide. How can a service releated product ever have assets? Do the maths. 2 multi entry TV lasting a year cost in UK 160 gbp. Annual breakdown cost of Elite Visa 2000 gbp and in addition to the visa I get use of Limos and fast track through the airport which Id proberbly use once a year. Its a high margin product but as a previous poster rightly pointed out "what is a trouble free stay in Thailand worth to you"? To me its worth every penny. Even on the 20 year visa the Golf and Spas are limited to the number you use and would have already been built into the schemes price. Thailand Elite is a government back scheme who have recently invested millions of bhts upgrading there IT systems. I doubt all members will even use all the services provided and even if they did it would have been factored into the price. Also paying up front am sure The Elite scheme earns a fair bit of interest on that money. I understand your point but as a service related product assets are not even relevant. Nor liabilities as its all paid for up front. All hotels and shops in the scheme where discount is provided all pay to be part of the scheme. So good point but wanted to add some ballance to your post. Also as for criminals buying the card an in depth check is done prior to approval with Imigration that includes previous visits to Thailand an Interpol check and Thai Police check. Whilst some with convictions overseas may fall through the net you still have to abide by the laws whilst staying here and if you dont the visa can be withdrawn and deported as with any visa.

Thanks to all the information I gleaned from this troll post, I have just applied for the Elite Card. Really, it's a small price to pay for piece of mind. With the upcoming crackdowns, I feel it's the best hassle free option available for a person like me. Thanks again for the thoughtful responses to this obvious troll post.

hahaha..Good on you matey

• Like 2

got mine a month ago ....lovely that i can spend MY money on anything I want

rick

You must be very rich and handsome.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app