Traditional Thai Beds

donx

We've been outfitting our house in Ao Nang Krabi this summer. One of things left on my list to get are two 6x6 traditional Thai beds. Currently we just have the mattresses on the floor. I've been told these beds can be very expensive so I might have to wait a while before getting them, but if anyone knows where they are sold and roughly what price I can expect to pay I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a wood platform with traditional Thai styled legs.

Something like this picture is what I'm looking for[attachment=277299:ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1406749349.911588.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Yeah they aren't cheap.. we ended up going for rubberwood, a pretty sturdy King Size was 20 - 25k if I remember correctly, might have been 30. I think the teak ones of a similar design were at least double that - 80k rings a bell for some reason.

We looked at 5 or 6 different furniture retailers, mostly in Trang but also in Krabi on the main road between Tesco and the Airport (opposite side of the road mostly) - all prices were very, very similar.

Good quality furniture in Thailand costs considerably more than I'd anticipated, that's for sure.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Thank you for that information. I think I'm likely to do what you did. Can you tell me if rubber wood beds can be purchased that look like the traditional Thai style bed I posted a photo of?

We are not in your area (we're Northen BKK) but our teak king size in that style was about 35k (without mattress) from a roadside furniture place here 13.945975,100.545089 .

We've used them a lot for teak stuff, they make a lot of it on the premises and their pricing is very competitive.

Probably too far to ship, but there has to be something similar in your area.

We are not in your area (we're Northen BKK) but our teak king size in that style was about 35k (without mattress) from a roadside furniture place here 13.945975,100.545089 .

We've used them a lot for teak stuff, they make a lot of it on the premises and their pricing is very competitive.

Probably too far to ship, but there has to be something similar in your area.

Crossy, that's good to know. Perhaps we can find a similar type of shop down here. I'll have our friends and family keep an eye out for such a place. I bet someone we know has seen or heard of such a provider where we are.

In case anyone else is interested, I found an online retailer through Alibaba.com that sells a wide variety of teak beds for quite reasonable prices. It's interesting to me that the style of bed I posted a picture of is considered a European style. They said the cost to deliver them to Krabi is 3,500 baht for the King size bed I'm interested in. The bed itself is $619 or ~20,000 baht.

• Like 1

In case anyone else is interested, I found an online retailer through Alibaba.com that sells a wide variety of teak beds for quite reasonable prices. It's interesting to me that the style of bed I posted a picture of is considered a European style. They said the cost to deliver them to Krabi is 3,500 baht for the King size bed I'm interested in. The bed itself is $619 or ~20,000 baht.

Bargain - well done!