webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good start, now for all the rest of them, please ! clap2.gif

Oh, and a lighter sentence should be offered, if they blow the whistle & give evidence in court on all the people higher-up, who were supposed to protect them. whistling.gif

meanwhile the former-Pm should hang her head in shame, "missing-rice, I see no missing-rice", pure negligence ! laugh.png

If it is proved that Yingluk has been behind this then a good jail sentence is needed.If she kows she is guilty, France will be a nice place for retirement.

It will certainly be interesting to see any evidence that the former-PM herself benefited directly ? Hope that might emerge in court !

I personally tend to believe that she didn't, although the scheme was clearly useful in ensuring her election, and maintaining support for Thaksin's latest nominee-party/PM. It would also be interesting to know, but I suspect that we never will, what profits were being made offshore by speculators in rice-futures, to whom inside-knowledge of what the Thai stocks & sales really were, might have been invaluable.

However she was chair of the committee, even if she didn't ever attend the meetings, she did ignore the warnings of corruption, and indeed denied them. She therefore is guilty IMO of negligence, and should pay the price, whatever the courts might eventually decide that is. It probably includes a ban from future political activity, which I doubt she'll see as being any great loss.

Thank-you madam former-PM, and goodbye, three times.

• Like 2

Thai at Heart post # 16.

What? They nicked some rice. U think this is some major national conspiracy? Strewth 

Now if memory serves me correct you had or may still have interests in Thailand. How would you feel if the property stolen was your as opposed to the states property?
A thief is a thief no matter who they steal from or on who's behalf.

Anything created by the Shinwatra clan is tainted by the Shinwatra clan touch and is  basically suspect.

Shake hands with a Shinwatra and their  fellow clique members and then count your fingers to see that you still have four fingers left along with your thumb too.

Why are you jumping up and down about the shinwatras?

They rented a warehouse, it got inspected, they got arrested. This has absolutely nothing to do with Yingluck. This obsession with her is insane.

There is corruption from a sides of the coin in Thailand , and whilst I have little doubt the shins are a dodgy bunch, this is a local theft of rice.

If you held everyone in life and business in Thailand to the same level as you hold the shins there wouldn't be anyone left in govt or business in Thailand.

As chairperson of the rice committee, she and her delegated people paid high salary's should be aware of high scale theft, or sales or---BUT did she ever chair a committee ??   The warehouses should have been constantly inspected UNLESS they didn't want to Know??

The reason they were thrown out for this and a host of other irregularities in the democratic system here.

Thai at Heart post # 16.

What? They nicked some rice. U think this is some major national conspiracy? Strewth 

Now if memory serves me correct you had or may still have interests in Thailand. How would you feel if the property stolen was your as opposed to the states property?
A thief is a thief no matter who they steal from or on who's behalf.

Anything created by the Shinwatra clan is tainted by the Shinwatra clan touch and is  basically suspect.

Shake hands with a Shinwatra and their  fellow clique members and then count your fingers to see that you still have four fingers left along with your thumb too.

They rented a warehouse, it got inspected, they got arrested. This has absolutely nothing to do with Yingluck. This obsession with her is insane.

There is corruption from a sides of the coin in Thailand , and whilst I have little doubt the shins are a dodgy bunch, this is a local theft of rice.

If you held everyone in life and business in Thailand to the same level as you hold the shins there wouldn't be anyone left in govt or business in Thailand.

As chairperson of the rice committee, she and her delegated people paid high salary's should be aware of high scale theft, or sales or---BUT did she ever chair a committee ??   The warehouses should have been constantly inspected UNLESS they didn't want to Know??

The reason they were thrown out for this and a host of other irregularities in the democratic system here.

There are nearly 2000 warehouses. And someone nicked 100k of sacks which represnts 0.0000?% of the product.

Yes its a big amount of money. You really think a politician should be held personally responsible every time someone nicks something from government. Nice idea.

I look forward to you holding all politicians and business people to such high principles. Where was Prachan when the GT 2000 were being bought. They are all bent.

The value of this theft against the total of business is absolutely tiny.

Army caught red handed, not Yingluck. How is this possible?

A couple of soldiers, plus the warehouse-owners themselves, now hopefully also whoever in the previous government was protecting them. wink.png

No Double Standards !

Sure generate lots of comment for a small time theft of 5,000 Tons (assuming pre-mill rice). Anyway, the junta must be seen doing their job and they are and reporting every tiny morsel of news they can find.

5,000 tons is a lot.  Its about 250 trucks loaded with rice. If you think 100 million THB is a tiny amount you must be very rich.

• Like 1

Sure generate lots of comment for a small time theft of 5,000 Tons (assuming pre-mill rice). Anyway, the junta must be seen doing their job and they are and reporting every tiny morsel of news they can find.

5,000 tons is a lot.  Its about 250 trucks loaded with rice. If you think 100 million THB is a tiny amount you must be very rich.

It should be punished. In the scheme of problems with this scheme it is piddling.

I wonder what the monthly bill for warehousing nationwide was. It must have been in the billions per month.

5000mt stolen. The bugs eat that every month or so probably.

Is it possible these 2 brothers moved 100 million baht out of their warehouse and built the scaffold etc all alone, with nobody seeing them? No, it is not possible. This is just part of a much larger, organized scam. There will be a link proven to a PTP/redshirt bigwig, just wait and see. If I had to guess which Shin acolyte will be linked to this scam I would say either the incendiary transport minister that was owning a transport company, or perhaps the widebody jet buying abseiler?

the article states, that the scaffolding was erected within last few weeks, which falls under the military rule and not the previous government.

this case was already reported before, just arrests came now.

and here on their accomplices, actually they were army officers:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Army-staff-implicated-in-missing-rice-30238527.html

"A Staff Judge Advocate on Tuesday brought a private and an army Sergeant to surrender to police for their alleged involvement in the case of 90,000 sacks of rice under the rice-pledging scheme that went missing from a granary in Pathum Thani province.

An inspection team set up by the military junta to inspect rice under pledging scheme inspected the Phoenix Argritech granary in Muang district recently and found that 90,000 sacks of rice had disappeared. A complaint was filed with police."

The arrest came after authorities discovered foul play by the warehouse owners when they erected scaffolds under piles of rice sacks a few weeks ago in Pathum Thani province.

So you have picked up the typo or translation error and twisted into a typical pack of red bovine excrement.

No the scaffold wasn't erected a few weeks ago, it was discovered a few weeks ago when the inspection was first done.

Yes it would seem there were 2 army junior ranks involved and as soon as it was discovered the army handed them over to the police.

From the latest report it would seem they have identified 17 who were involved and are after them.

We wait to see who they are and who they represent and should they be found guilty it is hoped they get a sentence in line with the miller already found guilty :

The Chaiyaphum Provincial Court has sentenced a rice miller to serve 20 years in prison and nine farmers six months after finding them in rice pledging fraud conspiracy involving the missing of 750 tonnes of paddy and rice from government stocks.

• Like 1

worgeordie, on 31 Jul 2014 - 10:48, said:

This is just the tip of the iceberg,more to come for sure. 

regards Worgeordie

More to come, maybe, but only if the junta is serious or only just waving the flag to make it appear to be serious. So far, I can not remember anyone, in all of Thailand, actually seeing their day in court, being sentenced and actually doing time... by the way, why hasn't that dick, the red Bull heir, been brought to stand trial.

StevenHeidbriderSr, on 31 Jul 2014 - 11:39, said:

Surprised they didnt find a way to blame farangs.

They're trying but either can't connect farang to it, in any ridiculous, made up, far fetched way, or farang are far too sneaky.

It should be punished. In the scheme of problems with this scheme it is piddling.

I wonder what the monthly bill for warehousing nationwide was. It must have been in the billions per month.

T@H, with every post you attempt to play down the losses from the PTP rice scheme. It is getting ridiculous now with you calling the loss "piddling".

Just a quick reminder, this scheme has lost so far around 900 BILLION BAHT. It is incurring storage, fumigation and other costs every day. The rice in storage is deteriorating further every day. The reputation of Thai rice is 100% shot. Lots of farmers have been committing suicide over it. Please just accept it, the scheme has been an unmitigated disaster of staggering proportions, with no ready answer as to how to rectify the damage. I am at a loss as to why, when the scheme was branded a con, a scam, right from the get go, that you still try to say losses are "piddling" or insignificant.

How many is lots,as i have heard about 1, maybe i should get out more.

Now we see some progress, however are these characters just the fall guys for others  and who  may well be able to   sing loud enough to trace the  tail  of the  ''missing '' rice stock/ 978 million baht, seems a tad strange to me that with that being stated as the sum involved why are these two characters still here in Thailand?

Methinks they are but small cogs in a far larger machine with many cogs and gears that connect in a very convoluted fashion..
4576281205_125x125.jpg

I wish I was as rich as you seem to be. Casually dismissing the theft fo rice valued at 98 million baht. Perhaps they are small cogs in the machinery of couuption.

Perhaps they may sing a song and the investigation will go further up the chain. I do hope so.

There are nearly 2000 warehouses. And someone nicked 100k of sacks which represnts 0.0000?% of the product.

Yes its a big amount of money. You really think a politician should be held personally responsible every time someone nicks something from government. Nice idea.

I look forward to you holding all politicians and business people to such high principles. Where was Prachan when the GT 2000 were being bought. They are all bent.

The value of this theft against the total of business is absolutely tiny.

OK so the 1,999 warehouses (remainder) were clean ???   as Yingluck said she did nothing wrong.

There are not only politicians running a country, local admin--police--  your blinkered idea that only politicians---Ha ha.

nicked a 100 kilo sacks ???   Yingluck says she did nothing wrong ??  of course she was not only the boss, she was the PM  -defense minister--rice chairperson never attending meetings--defend her all you will,  sorry for you and your rhetoric.

There should be no rice---rotten---missing-----hidden----infested----money missing----and ????  no excuses sorry.

Methinks they are but small cogs in a far larger machine with many cogs and gears that connect in a very convoluted fashion..

With big rice deals reportedly being negotiated in Dubai. Doesn't get get much larger than that.

im not really into all this rice scam, but to me , i think the biggest fraud was to prop up the price, now the farmers will get about 8000 per ton,

and that will be unstustainable to grow it for this money, i think that is the real disaster coming from this whole scheme.

if 5% of the rice is missing, its not really that much. but the damage to the industry, thats the real calamity i think.

if the country lost 500 billion its a disgrace, but there will be much bigger losses in the future all coming from this silly scheme.

and by no means do i say dont punish the theft, but they should go after the architects of this disator of a sheme.

thai rice now everywhere in the world means u get crap.soooo sad .

5000 tons, a truck can carry 28 tons, i know i own some, so u have 178 trucks. still alot of trucks, but 12 trucks per day and u are done in 2 weeks, so not impossible. not criticising u, just stating it can be done in 2 weeks.

T@H, with every post you attempt to play down the losses from the PTP rice scheme. It is getting ridiculous now with you calling the loss "piddling".

Just a quick reminder, this scheme has lost so far around 900 BILLION BAHT. It is incurring storage, fumigation and other costs every day. The rice in storage is deteriorating further every day. The reputation of Thai rice is 100% shot. Lots of farmers have been committing suicide over it. Please just accept it, the scheme has been an unmitigated disaster of staggering proportions, with no ready answer as to how to rectify the damage. I am at a loss as to why, when the scheme was branded a con, a scam, right from the get go, that you still try to say losses are "piddling" or insignificant.

Now you are chasing the wrong tail. The final financial loss is going to out value this loss to a magnitude of 1000s

Jumping up and down because someone nicked some rice and blaming this on the PTP scheme is rather pathetic. There is theft all over the place in systems like this.

This is not caused by the PTP system, someone nicked some rice. It is valuable yes, but 5000 tonnes against 18mn in the warehouse is piddling.

It barely makes a ripple in the financial caluclation of the cost of the system.

I worked for a company that transitioned to SAP that had stock of agricultural product globally. They had to do a physical stock take. On first count, the unnaccounted/presumed stolen loss was about 22mn USD.

Stuff gets stolen from all types of agri business. Its got nothing to do with "the scheme". Edited by Thai at Heart

The arrest came after authorities discovered foul play by the warehouse owners when they erected scaffolds under piles of rice sacks a few weeks ago in Pathum Thani province.

So you have picked up the typo or translation error and twisted into a typical pack of red bovine excrement.

No the scaffold wasn't erected a few weeks ago, it was discovered a few weeks ago when the inspection was first done.

Yes it would seem there were 2 army junior ranks involved and as soon as it was discovered the army handed them over to the police.

From the latest report it would seem they have identified 17 who were involved and are after them.

We wait to see who they are and who they represent and should they be found guilty it is hoped they get a sentence in line with the miller already found guilty :

The Chaiyaphum Provincial Court has sentenced a rice miller to serve 20 years in prison and nine farmers six months after finding them in rice pledging fraud conspiracy involving the missing of 750 tonnes of paddy and rice from government stocks.[/size]

so to twist your agenda you are claiming typo or translation error.

unless you find an another source, supporting your way, it is you spewing yellow bovine excrement

Absolutely agree with you that it's still lots of Baht and should not be left unpunished. I am just trying to put things in the right perspective as accusations are flying left and right about Yingluck's mother of all scam. So far we hear arrest of warehouse thefts and amount totaled up is way of a faction of a mighty scam. Up to now, it's still a localized corruption of some individuals.

Key phrase being "so far" ! thumbsup.gif

The write-offs of missing and spoiled-rice are yet-to-come, the temporary-finance for the scheme will all have to be repaid eventually, the cost will go a lot higher yet. wink.png

And as jaidam rightly says, the previous good-reputation of Thai rice has been seriously-damaged, long-term.

Thai farmers will be suffering lower-prices for several years to come, as a direct consequence of Thaksin's brain-wave, to corner the world market for rice ! facepalm.gif 

But why complain, or blame Yingluck & the Reds, they're only poor farmers.

Oh, and all the Thai consumers, who've been paying a higher-price on the domestic market, for their staple rice, over the past few years.

They have all been well-and-truly shafted, by a master-manipulator, which I myself don't consider at all a piddling affair.

• Like 1

The write-offs of missing and spoiled-rice are yet-to-come, the temporary-finance for the scheme will all have to be repaid eventually, the cost will go a lot higher yet. wink.png

And as jaidam rightly says, the previous good-reputation of Thai rice has been seriously-damaged, long-term.

Thai farmers will be suffering lower-prices for several years to come, as a direct consequence of Thaksin's brain-wave, to corner the world market for rice ! facepalm.gif 

But why complain, or blame Yingluck & the Reds, they're only poor farmers.

Oh, and all the Thai consumers, who've been paying a higher-price on the domestic market, for their staple rice, over the past few years.

They have all been well-and-truly shafted, by a master-manipulator, which I myself don't consider at all a piddling affair.

Got to learn from you just what long term reputation has been damaged and how farmers will suffer from lower price. Thailand will likely to gain back it's number 1 rice export nation this year and likely to retain this spot for few years. Rice is a soft commodity and the only influenced and affected by supply and demand. It's not a brand like McDonald that will take a knock to its brand from the expired chicken and even this only temporary.

Rice price has risen 6% recently and not because of market manipulation but simply because the market tightened. The junta audit and not releasing stock may be reason also lesser production from Vietnam and India.

Bitter lesson learned from trying to manupulate commodity price and previous government gambled wrongly that price will rise. They paid a price and the junta did right to stop the policy. Reputation has been restored judging from the impending rice sales. Rice price from henceforth will reflect market pricing influenced by supply and demand, not Taksin or Yingluck.

Thai rice, especially Hom Mali, was previously thought to be good-quality, but what's recently been exported is older, and sometimes contains imported rice from Burma/Laos/Cambodia, there is also the constant temptation to shift some of the mildewed-rice or that which is insect/ratshit-tainted. Thus the previous good reputation has been damaged, and this will continue for three years, while the current-stocks are being offloaded, unless very strict quality-controls on exports are imposed.

The local market is now in over-supply, thanks to the large stocks built-up, and this will depress what the farmers can get for their new-crop rice, thus farmers are likely to suffer for at least the next three years, and longer if Thai rice doesn't recover any quality-premium which it may previously have enjoyed. Importers of generic rice, in Africa & the Middle-east, were previously complaining about the quality of what Thailand had sent them, are you sure that they won't be more-reluctant to buy from here in future ?

The recovery of the number-1 slot as a rice-exporter will be due to selling-off existing-stocks, although savvy importers will demand (and might even sometimes get  ...  who knows ?) new-crop Thai rice, thus volume alone will not necessarily achieve top-price in the world-market. Buyers of quality-rice have become accustomed to other sources-of-supply, over the past few years, they won't automatically switch back again.