High Quality Satellite Cable

angryfarang

I think you will find RG-6 and RG-11 to be the two predominate RF/TV cables sold in Thailand.  RG-11 has significantly lower attenuation per length, around 40% lower.  RG-11 is also better for an outdoor run or underground conduit run as it's a sturdier cable.   RG-6 cable is the lower cost cable, flexible, and fine for inside short runs and widely available...works fine for outside runs also but will deteriorate much faster than RG-11 in the sun/heat/humidity....and as mentioned RG-6 has greater attenuation (i.e., signal gain loss) per length than RG-11.  For a long run go with RG-11.

I have used RG-11 in single-sideband installations aboard boats here, just make sure you get the fittings for the fatter cable. KeeHin here in Phuket has it, or at least they did the last time I looked for it, about a year ago. It is a large electrical contractor supply house and quite technically proficient, should be able to handle an inquiry and order from Samui.

I have used RG-11 in single-sideband installations aboard boats here, just make sure you get the fittings for the fatter cable. KeeHin here in Phuket has it, or at least they did the last time I looked for it, about a year ago. It is a large electrical contractor supply house and quite technically proficient, should be able to handle an inquiry and order from Samui.

75ohm for the boat radio strange, I thought it would be rg8/au the 50 ohm equivalent for the radio like normal.