BANGKOK - CEBU......direct flights?

USAgoodMAN

My apologies in advance if this is posted in the wrong section.  

I'm trying to figure out how to fly from BKK - Cebu direct, without having to go through Manila.  Is it even possible?  I've searched Kayak, Itasoftware, and other flight aggregator's and they show nothing direct from Bkk-Cebu.  I'm thinking/hoping that perhaps there are smaller, local airlines there that make this direct flight that someone on the forum might know about?

Thank you very much!  

see what you can find at https://www.cebupacificair.com/th-en

display initial forward leg @4200 baht cant see routing 12 agust - 18 agust

return may go through manila

have long considered this hop but just too much bad news comes out of that country.

Filipinos come to stay in thailand but never hear of the reverse.

Edited by john les fagatti

Try checking Tiger Airways......I believe they do as well as Boracay.....just in case you want to go there thinking to taxi it from Cebu....long drive.....if you do that either do not stop anywhere - or - make sure everything goes in the trunk intially and the taxi is parked close where you can watch and they can see you minding/watching - there's a lot of smash and grab that goes on there.....

Take some pics of some of the local bamboo houses some are positively a work of art.......

As of now, there are no direct flights from Bangkok to Cebu. PAL can be cheaper than Cebu Pacific but also is routed through Manila.

If you want to avoid Manila, the only cheap options are quite infrequent. Routing through Kuala Lumpur on Air Asia runs only 3 times a week and as mentioned above Tigerair via Singapore just operates 4 times a week.

A more expensive option would be Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong or Korean Air . 

I searched through the usual flight info sites.

No direct flight found.

Cebu Air flies to Manila and then change plane to Cebu.

Multiple flights like this every day.

Typical connection time of 2h.

Correction on Tiger Air there are direct fights from BKK to Cebu - I just ran a test and the round trip is about 15,000TB - you can move days and the costs will go up or down depending on the days.......

Can you give a concrete example? (date/time/flight number)

I searched through a whole week (Aug 11 to 17) on the Tiger Air website.

1 stop, 2 flight numbers.

No nonstop, no single flight number.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Try checking Tiger Airways......I believe they do as well as Boracay.....just in case you want to go there thinking to taxi it from Cebu....long drive.....if you do that either do not stop anywhere - or - make sure everything goes in the trunk intially and the taxi is parked close where you can watch and they can see you minding/watching - there's a lot of smash and grab that goes on there.....

Take some pics of some of the local bamboo houses some are positively a work of art.......

Taxi from Cebu to Boracay? You're kidding us right? You'd need a minimum of 2 sea going car ferries.

So how you could drive without stopping is a mystery and to suggest that such a journey would be so fraught with danger is nothing more than scare mongering.

Why on earth would you bother when you can fly to Caticlan in just over an hour?

Edited by Lancashirelad

Web sites show Cebu air as the only bkk - cebu non stops and it said 2 times a week....The Cebu web site does not appear phone friendly...

Mate ... I can't see what you are seeing.

As far as I can see, there is no 'Cebu Air' ... only 'Cebu Pacific Air'.

With Cebu Pacific Air, they fly from Bangkok, through Manilla into Cebu.

But happy to see what intel you have.