Very Expensive Thai Single Certificate

marmita

Hi there

My brother's girlfriend got last week "single certificate " ( I understand is a paper from Amphur guaranteeing that she is not married) . She told us she paid 4.500 thai bath

Is so expensive to get these type of documents? or maybe she got confused and did another paper?

I can't imagine how much it will cost translations, legalitations of all documents she need to get marry in Spain.

Anyone has any idea how much could cost for a thai person to get this documents ? and legalitation?

1. single certificate

2. birth certificate

3. proof of residence of last 2 years

4. Document from Thai police stating she has no criminal record

Thanks so much in advance.

i needed to get a 'single certificate' which was about 3000 baht from the British Embassy (if memory serves me right). My wife didnt need to get anything to be married in Thailand. it might be easier to get married here than abroad.

we were officially married in bang rak ampur and the whole thing, including a couple of certificates, cost 40 baht!!!

perhaps the OP's brother should consider the possibility he is being scammed for the money and that this is a big warning sign about what is likely to happen if the marriage is completed.

if the girl in question is an uneducated peasant and the amphur is in the countryside, he should bear in mind that 4,500 baht is the equivalent of two or three months wages and so such a large fee would be impossible to charge as nobody would be able to pay it!

actually a divorce certificate is even cheaper, cant remember exactly but its something like 20 baht at the amphur.

Thats if you both go to the Ampour otherwise there are all sorts of hoops to jump through :o

Hi there

My brother's girlfriend got last week "single certificate " ( I understand is a paper from Amphur guaranteeing that she is not married) . She told us she paid 4.500 thai bath

Is so expensive to get these type of documents? or maybe she got confused and did another paper?

I can't imagine how much it will cost translations, legalitations of all documents she need to get marry in Spain.

Anyone has any idea how much could cost for a thai person to get this documents ? and legalitation?

1. single certificate

2. birth certificate

3. proof of residence of last 2 years

4. Document from Thai police stating she has no criminal record

Thanks so much in advance.

Certificates of No Impediment are purely affidavits confirming you have not been married. As in Thailand there is no Notary Public, difficult! The Amphur probably "saw her coming", as I do not see how in law they have the authority. Each Amphur is pretty autonomous and would not know if the person was married elsewhere in Thailand, so could give no guarantee.. A common occurence. :o

With regard to the "criminal record report" surely this is for the visa, not to get married, as it would be against the Hague Convention and Human Rights legislation in EU.

actually a divorce certificate is even cheaper, cant remember exactly but its something like 20 baht at the amphur.

Agreed but the marriage seem to have a tendency to cost a heck of a lot :o