Mustache wax, combs, straight razor, shaving brush ... in Pattaya

kaizoku

Hello, all is in the title, do you know a shop selling some of these items : mustache wax, combs, straight razor, shaving brush ...

It's for a present, it doesn't need to be cheap, I'm looking for good quality product.

Thank you.

Beauty supply on S. Pattaya Rd. might have some of these. It's just above the fresh market as you're going towards Third Rd, same side.

But it won't be good quality as you can't find good quality traditional shaving kit in Thailand. The small brush, about B100, will be a joke compared to a real shaving brush sold in Western countries. The straight razor will be just a shavette that uses disposable blades. Not sure about mustache wax--not likely (how many Thais do you see w/ waxed mustaches?), maybe can use hair wax. If you can't find the shavette at the S. PTY beauty supply, you might ask at barber shops around town--ones that offer shaves--where to find them.

Best thing to do is import some quality kit.

You will get none of these in Thailand,no decent shaving tackle.The straight razor ,I take it is the single blade double edged one,they do sell cheapish ones in a few stalls where stated before.

I get the better quality stuff from India,after shave,brushes etc. Better sticking to the Watsons five blade razor and blades,is a poor choice here though for sure

I've been to pattaya beauty and they don't have.

I did find a combs but that's all.

Better ask at a barber shop that does shaves. There's one on Central Rd. very near the 2nd Rd intersection on the right as you go towards 3rd Rd. It's diagonally across from Best and directly across from the market. Now, a few doors down from that shop is a traditional pharmacy (I think it is) w/ some Thai-style shaving brushes displayed in the window.

You didn't ask about soap/cream. There's no proper shaving soap currently sold in Thailand that I know of, though you might find pucks of Godrej at an Indian shop in Bangkok's Little India. But you can buy a tub or tube of The Body Shop Macca Root shaving cream at The Body Shop at Central Festival. It's world-class, really excellent, and priced accordingly at B620 a tub. You can also buy Crabtree & Evelyn shaving cream at their shop at Emporium, Bangkok, if they have any in stock. It's quite good.

I have good shaving brushes , tubes of shaving soap,Old Spice etc. etc , and after shaves etc and a straight razor Edwin Jagger, it is on the 'net,good quality ,never used,but I have to find the box for it.

I bought too much stuff in India and if interested PM me

I've been to pattaya beauty and they don't have.

I did find a combs but that's all.

The (laughable but useable) Thai brush can be found at the pharmacy I mentioned earlier. I happened to be in the area yesterday and noted the street address is 333 Pattaya Klang. The name is "Anket" or something quite similar.

And I discovered that the beauty supply across from Big C, at 111/13 Pattaya Klang, does have shavettes (disposable blade straight razors). Definition of shavette: http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/shavettes-the-truth-about-disposable-straight-razors.29942/. They start at 80 baht (plastic handle) and go up to about 165 baht (steel/chrome). Feather blades are 65 baht/pack of 5, though they might have cheaper. The shavettes aren't easy to find. You might show a photo to a sales ass't. But they are bunched in a small plastic bin on a lower shelf immediately to the right of the front sales counter.

Good news for guys looking to ditch their Fusions and Mach3s and shave like Real Men economically is that there are about 4 Feather double-edge safety razors in stock at this shop for about B260 each. This one: http://www.amazon.com/Feather-Double-Edge-Shaving-Razor/dp/B003YJ70NY. The shop also has a good supply of DE blades in bulk, from Dorcos to Feathers. Personally I think Astra Platinums are best value.

Edited by JSixpack

• 1 year later...