NFL American Football 2014 TV Coverage

grantbkk

The NFL preseason kicked off today and their wasn't any coverage by True Visions or ASN. I called True Visions where I was told neither True Visions nor ASN was doing preseason this year but there will be coverage beginning September 5th when the regular season opens. Color me skeptical.

Email has gone unanswered by ASN who along with True Visions promote the NFL as a high value product. There is no NFL anything scheduled for the month of August and nothing available to view for September. Last year at this time we were inundated with NFL programing.

Anyone who has the time or inclination can try to get some information from the providers while at the same time demonstrate interest in their coverage by contacting the offices by phone and/or social media.

True Visions: 02 725 2525 Email: [email protected]

ASN: Can't find a phone number Email: [email protected] Facebook: ASN: All sports Network

Yes TV Hong Kong owns ASN. Below is their contact info.

Email:[email protected]

Tel:+852 3978 2262

Address:16/F, AON China Building, 29 Queens Road, Central, Hong Kong

Go Niners!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to listen on the internet radio either Westwood One or get the local team radio stations.

BTW free Major League Baseball radio is almost unavailable. -- with NFL and MLB you are basically searching for a station in the network that forgot to turn off the outside-USA stream.

Edited by JLCrab

That's quite unfortunate. Without pre-season games and NFL Total Access it's going to be hard to set my fantasy team this year. Let's hope that True comes through and at least pulls off the regular and post season games as promised.

All you need to do is find someone in the US with a subscription to the NFL Sunday Ticket. Have them add the online streaming package to their account ($75). You can then watch every game via your laptop, iPad app, PS3, PS4, Xbox, etc...

If you don't know anyone that can let you piggy back on their subscription you can also by your own but it's fairly expensive.

Good luck.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp

I have my own subscription to the NFL ticket but I'm going to ask a friend if he can add me to his in the US. I can't remember what I pay $200?

I'm looking for a couple of owners in a fantasy football league. $75 all money paid out. 10 team league, PPR. League is 10 years old.

Send me a message.

Go Pats and Niners.

Truevisons cares nothing about the NFL or its fans here. They have dropped the NFL three times that I remember, the last time in the middle of the season. Once in the late 90s, they advertised it up until the day of the first game, then...nothing! They had tried to play contract hardball at the last minute and lost, and did not show the NFL at all that season.

Even when True/ASN does show games, you are limited to their choices - which admittedly are better than nothing.

Bottom line, if you care about watching the NFL here, take matters into your own hands - go with online streaming. NFL Gamepass works great, or check into what is mentioned in the posts above.

If you love lost causes and beating your head against a wall, go ahead and try to get True to pretend they care.

Truevisons cares nothing about the NFL or its fans here. They have dropped the NFL three times that I remember, the last time in the middle of the season. Once in the late 90s, they advertised it up until the day of the first game, then...nothing! They had tried to play contract hardball at the last minute and lost, and did not show the NFL at all that season.

Even when True/ASN does show games, you are limited to their choices - which admittedly are better than nothing.

Bottom line, if you care about watching the NFL here, take matters into your own hands - go with online streaming. NFL Gamepass works great, or check into what is mentioned in the posts above.

If you love lost causes and beating your head against a wall, go ahead and try to get True to pretend they care.

Agreed. If you're obsessive over a sport that isn't particularly popular in Thailand you'd be mad to depend on a Thai broadcaster. I'm British, but I love the NFL and the True/ASN coverage is fine for me; two live games on Sunday, the Monday & Thursday night games live and, best of all, recorded highlights (without the tedious breaks) at a decent Thai time! Expecting True to pay for all the games is madness - but hopefully they'll get back the Premier League in 2016-2017 as that is a popular sport here!

Edited by brewsterbudgen

The NFL preseason kicked off today and their wasn't any coverage by True Visions or ASN. I called True Visions where I was told neither True Visions nor ASN was doing preseason this year but there will be coverage beginning September 5th when the regular season opens. Color me skeptical.Email has gone unanswered by ASN who along with True Visions promote the NFL as a high value product. There is no NFL anything scheduled for the month of August and nothing available to view for September. Last year at this time we were inundated with NFL programing.Anyone who has the time or inclination can try to get some information from the providers while at the same time demonstrate interest in their coverage by contacting the offices by phone and/or social media.True Visions: 02 725 2525 Email: [email protected]: Can't find a phone number Email: [email protected] Facebook: ASN: All sports Network Yes TV Hong Kong owns ASN. Below is their contact info.Email:[email protected]:+852 3978 2262Address:16/F, AON China Building, 29 Queens Road, Central, Hong KongGo Niners!

Thanks for the reminder.

As I expect our friends at True are focused on the upgrade/channel change this evening, I sent a short email to ASN HK. I really don'e expect a reply. We should be able to get clarifications from True in a week or so via phone. If I hear I will post it here, and please do the same.

I am a Cowboys and Rangers fan.

Go Mavericks!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The NFL preseason kicked off today and their wasn't any coverage by True Visions or ASN. I called True Visions where I was told neither True Visions nor ASN was doing preseason this year but there will be coverage beginning September 5th when the regular season opens. Color me skeptical.Email has gone unanswered by ASN who along with True Visions promote the NFL as a high value product. There is no NFL anything scheduled for the month of August and nothing available to view for September. Last year at this time we were inundated with NFL programing.Anyone who has the time or inclination can try to get some information from the providers while at the same time demonstrate interest in their coverage by contacting the offices by phone and/or social media.True Visions: 02 725 2525 Email: [email protected]: Can't find a phone number Email: [email protected] Facebook: ASN: All sports Network Yes TV Hong Kong owns ASN. Below is their contact info.Email:[email protected]:+852 3978 2262Address:16/F, AON China Building, 29 Queens Road, Central, Hong KongGo Niners!

Thanks for the reminder.

As I expect our friends at True are focused on the upgrade/channel change this evening, I sent a short email to ASN HK. I really don'e expect a reply. We should be able to get clarifications from True in a week or so via phone. If I hear I will post it here, and please do the same.

Go Mavericks!

For $129.99 I

Thanks for the reminder.

Go Mavericks!

I subscribe to NFL NETWORK and for $129.99 I get ALL preseason games and ALL regular season games.Best $130 I have spent in a long time.Watch on my laptop and use HDMI cable to hook up with the TV.

Lefty

Thanks for the reminder.

Go Mavericks!

Grant, according to the printed Premier Truevisions T V Guide, in the coming soon section (towards the back), it shows NFL regular season will be televised. It doesn't show how many games, but does list the following channels: True Sport HD, ASN, ASN2, and True Sport 3. More info in Thai, but I can't read it.

Hi, I'm a new fan to the NFL and want to follow a sport while Aussie Rules Football is in the off season.

I just subscribed to game day on my iPad.

Is there any bars in the Pattaya area which attract a strong NFL crowd?

Wouldn't mind watching a game every now and then with some fans

Cheers

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hi, I'm a new fan to the NFL and want to follow a sport while Aussie Rules Football is in the off season.
I just subscribed to game day on my iPad.
Is there any bars in the Pattaya area which attract a strong NFL crowd?
Wouldn't mind watching a game every now and then with some fans
Cheers

Thanks so much. I'll check it out. All good news.

They've showed the games for the last 5 years (and the same commercials, so brutal), why would they change now. Show the Patriots at least 50% of the time also... :-(

1st game at 11pm then 2am then show the sun night game live monday morning and mnf live tues morning. If this changes or is not good enough we're going to have to pony up for NFL gamepass. Sucks because 5 years ago it was like 50 bucks or something, now it's like $200 or something. On the bright side I think the internet has improved enough in BKK at least to actually watch it.

Another great site is ten yard torrents. They have EVERYTHING!

• 3 weeks later...

The NFL has a pre-season only online streaming service that's similar to its Game Rewind service for the regular season.

Right now, their pre-season package runs a flat $15 and gives VOD access to all pre-season games this season until Sept. 14. (After that, the regular season packages kick in, which are a separate subscription).

The preseason games are not available live for streaming, but are available shortly after the completion of the games, which usually is our sleeping time anyway. But once the game is posted, you can watch it VOD anytime. The NFL streams its content using Microsoft Silverlight.

To subscribe and log-in, you just need a U.S. IP address and a U.S. bank card method of payment.

To access this website, you have to be requesting it with a U.S. IP, otherwise it will re-direct elsewhere.

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages?ttv=3

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I subscribe to NFL NETWORK and for $129.99 I get ALL preseason games and ALL regular season games.Best $130 I have spent in a long time.Watch on my laptop and use HDMI cable to hook up with the TV.

Lefty

AFAIK, through official methods, the only way to subscribe to the NFL Network and watch it online is to log-in/authenticate through a U.S. cable TV account that provides access to the NFL Network. As per their notice here below:

* You must receive NFL Network and NFL RedZone through one of the providers listed above. If your cable TV provider is not listed, NFL Network and/or NFL RedZone is not offered as part of your cable TV subscription and/or offered online. Contact your cable TV provider and ask for NFL Network and NFL RedZone including online access. We are adding new TV providers so check back online with us soon to see if we've added yours to our list.

I'm not aware of the NFL selling any online only access to the NFL Network, outside of a U.S. cable TV subscription.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the NFL Networks broadcasts all regular season games -- just a selection of them that aren't being broadcast on the other major broadcast networks such as Fox and CBS.

Sorry, I mis-spoke a bit below.... The NFL Pre-season Live streaming package DOES include live streaming of the pre-season games, if you happen to be awake at those hours, in addition to subsequent VOD of all preseason games.

The NFL has a pre-season only online streaming service that's similar to its Game Rewind service for the regular season.

Right now, their pre-season package runs a flat $15 and gives live and VOD access to all pre-season games this season until Sept. 14. (After that, the regular season packages kick in, which are a separate subscription).

To subscribe and log-in, you just need a U.S. IP address and a U.S. bank card method of payment.

To access this website, you have to be requesting it with a U.S. IP, otherwise it will re-direct elsewhere.

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages?ttv=3

Though I guess I need to also footnote the LIVE streaming feature with the NFL's own limitations advisory:

*Due to broadcast restrictions, all nationally-broadcast Preseason games are blacked out and all locally-televised Preseason games are blacked out in their home markets. Blacked-out games will be made available on-demand in the NFL Preseason Live archives. Preseason games that do not sell out in either team’s home or away markets and games broadcast nationally on ESPN will be available 24 hours after the conclusion of those games. All other blacked-out games will be available shortly after the conclusion of the original telecast in the NFL Preseason Live archives.

I'm not aware of the NFL selling any online only access to the NFL Network, outside of a U.S. cable TV subscription.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the NFL Networks broadcasts all regular season games -- just a selection of them that aren't being broadcast on the other major broadcast networks such as Fox and CBS.

Ahh...I stand corrected...

For IP addresses inside the U.S., I believe what I said above is correct... you need a cable or satellite package to access the NFL Network.

But for IP addresses outside the U.S., I see the NFL offers an NFL Network Online subscription for $49.99 per year that include online streaming of the NFL Network channel.

https://network.nfl.com/nfln/secure/packages

That website says the NFL Network's live broadcast of NFL full games is limited to Thursday night games and select pre-season games.

But now I also see the $130 package you're referring to above, for IP addresses outside the U.S.

And that's the NFL Game Pass "Season" subscription, which includes live preseason and regular season games, and streaming access to the NFL Network and Red Zone network.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages

It doesn't appear, though, that the "Season" subscription includes the Playoffs or Super Bowl. Adding those brings the price to $200.

Well, whether or not Truevisions decides to broadcast NFL or not, I pulled the trigger on NFL Game Pass at $199 for the complete package. The additional access to other NFL network features as an added plus are quite interesting, so I'm hoping that this season I'll be able to use all the features to their full potential and make the most of this $199 "investment".

My preference is to go with the NFL's Game Rewind streaming service, which is much less expensive at $70 for the full season and playoffs/Super Bowl, or just $40 for the regular season only.

All games available in their entirety via VOD, usually within 24 hours of completion of the live game. Does require a U.S. IP address and billing account to have the account.

It doesn't offer streaming of the games LIVE as they're occurring. But for someone in Thailand, you're mostly going to be asleep, or ought to be, during most of the times the live games are airing.

Years ago, I used to try to stay up for the midnight or 1 am early Sunday game or the 3-4 am afternoon game, Thai time. But just never could make it and stay awake.

NFL Game Rewind (you need a U.S. IP to access this link)

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages?ttv=1&icampaign=Prod_GR_Nav

Tall Guy John

I used that set up a couple of years ago when True dropped the HFL completly. Had to use a proxy server to make it work. In fack you were the one that helped me set it up. Worked fine, games were available 1hr after completion

Have you heard anything on the crackdown on Proxy Servers?

Well, whether or not Truevisions decides to broadcast NFL or not, I pulled the trigger on NFL Game Pass at $199 for the complete package. The additional access to other NFL network features as an added plus are quite interesting, so I'm hoping that this season I'll be able to use all the features to their full potential and make the most of this $199 "investment".

Today I received this email from Truevisions:

Dear Mr. *********

Subscriber No. 668****

We would like to inform you that, as we will show NFL in September, we are not able to confirm the channel(s) to be televised at this moment.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

“For our further service development, True Visions would be grateful if our member would kindly evaluate the staff who provided the service via e-mail in the Satisfaction survey link below”.

http://research.truecorp.co.th:8080/survey/home/choice.jsp?survey=S00015&ID=12303&Cus=25/08/14 09/[email protected]

If you have any question, please e-mail or call us at 0-2725-2525.

Supawan Manupeerapan

Correspondence Support

Tel+66(0) 2725-2525

Tall Guy John

I used that set up a couple of years ago when True dropped the HFL completly. Had to use a proxy server to make it work. In fack you were the one that helped me set it up. Worked fine, games were available 1hr after completion

Have you heard anything on the crackdown on Proxy Servers?

I've used paid proxies in the past. Currently, I'm using several different paid VPNs. Had no trouble whatsoever in terms of accessing Game Rewind or anything else.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, these days, several of the different VPN providers I'm familiar with, including Astril and HMA, have so-called virtual VPN servers, where the actual connection is either relatively local to Singapore or Taiwan, but the resulting IP address is for the U.S. or U.K. Those work great, and are my preference right now. But the straight VPNs direct to the US or UK work fine for my connections as well.

I know Hulu Plus was recently trying to block proxy access to their system. But I've never heard anything comparable for the various NFL streaming services.

hi guys... i see there are some fantasy footballplayers on here

i just opend a dynasty league for people that are interested to play for many years and that live in Asia (better draft times etc) (preferably thailand).

please PM me if you wanna take part in it... the draft is normaly scheduled for the 3rd september at 1pm thai time... but we would need 10 players more.

I think I'm going to get the full NFL game pass, especially since they are going to have a download feature this season (per an email from support). Can anyone suggest how long it will take to download an NFL game on 3BB?

Any best client for download, etc?