Working In Thailand

I have over 25 years experience in the Garment/ Uniform industry. would love to move to Tailand and work for a Textile Company in Sales/ Sales management.

So far I am batting 0, Can anyone offer suggestions. Would really appreciate hearing from you

Employment agency?

Web sites?

any idea's

I am open to suggestions

Gordon Marsall

Las Vegas, Nv

I have over 25 years experience in the Garment/ Uniform industry. would love to move to Tailand and work for a Textile Company in Sales/ Sales management.

So far I am batting 0, Can anyone offer suggestions. Would really appreciate hearing from you

Employment agency?

Web sites?

any idea's

I am open to suggestions

My company works with small to medium-sized garment factories and there are few farang around- those that are around are generally in operations or very junior guys in marketing. FYI I interviewed the GM of a fairly large garment producer here in Thailand- she's very competent and is currently earning 110k/mo in her position.

I'd recommend profiling yourself as an export manager and contact the largest garment factories and mills here directly to see what's available. Another option might be garment trading companies depending on your background. Executive search firms such as Korn/Ferry might be another option as I know they're quite active in Hong Kong.

In general the garment industry here is in slow decline- with a worrying future after the end of the multifiber agreement next year. My company is slowly pulling expats out of SE Asia and placing them in China, which I believe is the general trend for sourcing as a whole.

Still... I'm a firm believer in that there are always employment options for talented people- so if you focus enough and are determined I'm sure you could find a niche for yourself out here.

Cheers and good luck!