Is there anyone like me that enjoys drinking but doesn't like the taste of alcohol

Is there anyone like me that has always enjoyed a healthy social life and been a medium to big drinker on nights out, but has always basically hated the taste of alcohol?

I have never drank in the house alone, in all the years in Thailand the only time i have had any alcohol in my home is when my parents were here to visit. The only beer i kind of enjoy is Budweiser, mainly because it tastes like water with a little kick. I don't drink on planes or in any form of travel. The only time i drink is when i am out with friends. I enjoy the effect of alcohol though. 

To contradict myself slightly (i am human after all and we are all naturally hypocrites) i don't mind nice cold white wine, but rarely drink it as real mendon't drink white wine when in the company of other men.

When people give me what is termed a good Whiskey, each and every time i have drank it neat it's like drinking fire. I'm 40 years and been about, i have tried and tried again to get used to the taste of all spirits neat, yet each and every time, as i say, it's like drinking fire. When people try to force me to drink Tequila etc in Thailand i give them a firm "No thanks" Basically because i stopped downing stuff like that by the time i was 15/16. Plus when i do it i struggle to stop myself throwing up. If they put too much pressure on to slam it i pour it on the floor.

I am far from a boring person (i think) and i am in no way trying to preach to anyone. I'm just curious if there are others like me that don't like the taste of bevvy but drink for the social side of it

When i am on my 28 off, trust me, i am out 3/4 nights a week, a few of them will be two or three beers, the others will be 12 hour benders.

• Like 1

I hate the taste of straight booze like Tequila, vodka, any straight spirits, but mixed I like whisky or bourbons with dry or coke.
Me Im a beer drinker. Love beer its brilliant stuff but needs to be ice cold and even better on a hot day. Matter of fact Im enjoying an OeTtinger pilsner right now.

Btw, men do drink wine. Heaps of us love a glass or 3, don't be shy there. Just stay off the pink vodka cruisers mate.

I dont like the taste of beer, but I drink it because its cold, fizzy, alcoholic, isnt too sweet, and takes long to drink (compared to spirits)

I dont like red wine

I dont mind white wine, but cheap wine gives me a bad hangover

I love cocktails and spirits mixed with softdrink

My all time favourite is Jack daniels, but sometimes its inapproriate to drink (ie posh dinner), and I get too drunk too quickly, and mixing it with coke or dry gets too sweet,

When I do decide to drink it is Rum & Coke or spiced Rum......I drink maybe one or two nights max per month....trouble with it carries down the family tree so I am careful.....it's not the taste I like.....

One of the greatest sensations possible is to work hard physically in Thailand in the afternoon, for some it may be sport, for others it may be farming or gardening.Whatever, one builds up a sweat, the heart is pumping, the bones are aching, the muscles are saying 'enough!'.

Come 6.00 pm, after a shower lathering away those films of sweat,you open that first, gloriously cool bottle of beer, wiping the condensation off the bottle as it springs to life with the cap removed, a curly,wispy steam emerges and you pour that wonderful amber liquid into a glass, tumbling and trickling down your throat, refreshing, revitalizing, renewing.

God it feels so good!

20 minutes later, you're on top of the world, the harsh edges have dissipated,the world seems to be a better place.

The taste of that first bottle, dehydrated and weary, is sublime.

I recommend the OP performs the above action and he will grow to love beer. 

• Like 1

I love having a beer or 2 everyday, also I love white or red wine with my dinner.

Other spirits don't do anything for me,

Especially whisky, can't stand the stuff.

I can get tipsy sometimes if I have more beer, but never drunk.

Experienced it 3 or 4 times in my life and I hated it.

I always stop, when I reach the limit, doesn't matter how much the company I am with insists of carrying on.

Drinking is for your enjoyment not a competition.

One of the greatest sensations possible is to work hard physically in Thailand in the afternoon, for some it may be sport, for others it may be farming or gardening.Whatever, one builds up a sweat, the heart is pumping, the bones are aching, the muscles are saying 'enough!'.
Come 6.00 pm, after a shower lathering away those films of sweat,you open that first, gloriously cool bottle of beer, wiping the condensation off the bottle as it springs to life with the cap removed, a curly,wispy steam emerges and you pour that wonderful amber liquid into a glass, tumbling and trickling down your throat, refreshing, revitalizing, renewing.
God it feels so good!
20 minutes later, you're on top of the world, the harsh edges have dissipated,the world seems to be a better place.
The taste of that first bottle, dehydrated and weary, is sublime.
I recommend the OP performs the above action and he will grow to love beer. 

Mate I've been working in a lot hotter countries than Thailand for 20 years. Last thing I want after a nightmare day in the sun is beer

When I do decide to drink it is Rum & Coke or spiced Rum......I drink maybe one or two nights max per month....trouble with it carries down the family tree so I am careful.....it's not the taste I like.....

oh a..rum and coke my fav good on you. you a real man..long time ago in UK was rum+cloves.making me feel old now..shock1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q3XOm0fuQs.png  

OP, grow a pair.

Beer, wine, hard liquor, champagne = same-same.

They tatse completely different to me......unless i have something wrong with me?

Help Me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope

sent from the shaft of the devils penis

Well it seems you have and have even taken the time to comment at well...giggle.gif

On the bright side, without your rising to the bait, his comment would have been lost for ever, to the benefit of all mankind, thanks to our most excellent and top moderators.  

SC

I'll probably end up Cliff Richards because of this comment