Looking for a flat in Bangkok

Hi,

I have recently come to Bangkok to study here. Right now me and my girlfriend are looking for place to stay longer (We will study here 2 years)

I am looking for a cheap flat (non serviced apartment, room) near the Chulalongkorn University, so probably districts like Bangrak, Pratumwan, Sathorn. The price should be below 7000 Baht / month, but the cheaper the better. All we need is air conditioning (or fan), security and refrigerator (internet access would be good but not necessary).

Thanks for help!

If your GF speaks Thai, have her talk to the moto taxi drivers in an area you like.  They know every building and will know where the cheaper ones are.  For under B10,000 you will likely only find single rooms. Refrigerators are usually a B500/mo add-on, Wi-Fi and TV usually add-ons as well.

Don't forget to always ask the electrical and water rates for any apartment.  Many landlords will offer a lower rent but mark the power and water way up.  Electric is normally between B4-B6/unit but some will mark up to B8-10/unit.  Makes a big difference if you run AC.  Water should be B200/mo or less.

Chula is handy enough to the BTS & MRT that you could look in areas that are less expensive.

• Like 1

I found the most effective way is to avoid agents and hit the streets around where you want to live. Just walk into apartment block you like the look of and ask if they have any rooms to rent. It'll probably only take an afternoon of walking around to find a few options and choose your favourite.