Transfer From Canadian Banks

Next year i will need to transfer money from my  Canadian bank account into my Thai bank account in order to extend my stay in Thailand.

( the 800 000 baht question) i have talked to few banks and they either have a very low daily  transfer limit or outrageous fees or both..

Is there any easy and cheap way to transfer money from Canada to Thailand ?

Thanks to all..

pol4

Royal Bank charges me $45 dollars for a wire however out of our biz account they are free so I go online and do it that way, not sure I'm saving much as the account fees are very high.

Bank of Nova Scotia wanted $75 and the think Toronto Dominion was about the same.

I'm getting a cheque this week and Bangkok Bank told me 30 days to clear, maybe that's an option, I'm curious how they will show it on the statement if they credit say Friday but put a hold on the funds ? That could work since you need to season the money?

Well even if they charged $100 which isn't unheard of in some countries for a one off transfer that's hardly the end of the world.

I'm sure other members must have used a Canadian bank to send the 800k Baht to Thailand in the past, which bank was used ?