Dependant spouse extension - Visa type & salary

Hi,

I've read through other topics on this but couldn't find answers to my specific question on getting an extension based on marriage to a foreigner. I am European and have a Non-imm B visa. My wife is from the US with a non-imm B visa, and work permit. My questions are:

* Can I get a dependant spouse extension with my current Non-Imm B visa? Or would I need Non-Imm O?

* Second, do either of us need to show a monthly salary above a certain limit? 

* Would also be interested to know the chances of success of such an application, if anyone has any insight.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

You can get a dependent extension with any non immigrant visa entry. There are no financial requirements of any kind.

If you are on a extension of stay (it is not a B visa) based upon working you will just change the reason for your extension to the dependent extension. You will need a letter from your employer stating you job has ended to cancel your extension so you can do the change.

If you apply for the extension it will be done as long as you have proof of your relationship with the person on the extension of stay it will be approved..

In your case you will need your marriage certificate in Thai or English. They may also want a letter from your wife's employer confirming she is still working for them.

Hi Ubon,

Thanks for the prompt response. 

To clarify, I'm not currently on an extension of stay and am not employed. I entered the country within the last month on a single entry non-imm B. My spouse is employed and is on an extension. Do the same rules apply?

Thanks again.