Neighbor putting out my garbage and checking my letter box for me

Jdiddy

Im a Thailand newbie but is this normal behaviour?

had a few bags of garbage inside my gated property, was too lazy to put them out when i went out for dinner tonight, came back and they were all neatly lined up out the front beside the road.

Also caught her this morning opening my mailbox but i didnt make any fuss, language barrier prevented anything further.
And if i neglect to shut my gate, sometimes i come out and find it shut

Whats next? I find dinner cooked and ready one day when i return? :)

• Like 1

OP, that's quite normal in Thailand.

My neighbours also climb my wall and collect for themselves the mangoes and papaya from my trees.

Always sneaking their heads around to see what am I doing.

Sometimes pile their rubbish on mine.

Sometimes they ask to borrow money from me, but because I don't want to disappoint them, I always refuse.

Generally, we all have a happy life and love each other to bits.

Well good for her you have 1 amazing neighbour she deserves the odd drink/flowers for being so kind.

Back in uk if it rained and you was out the neighbours wouldn'even take in your washing.

Respect them as they do you,end of sermon amen.

Edited by Brit_Doggie
  • Like 1

Ba Nit next door feeds my fish (which is annoying because I enjoy feeding them...but she thinks she is helping so I say nothing), Adds new water plants to the bowl. Walks straight in the front, through the sitting room to the kitchen and puts some fruit she's given me in the fridge...sometimes I'm mid-sentence on TV and don't realise she's come in until she's walking out.

She put one of her chairs on my porch for me to sit on... and it really doesn't bother me that other neighbours sit on it when they chat to her and Leung Nuay. They always stand up when I approach, but I just say "nung, nung, mai pen rai" and they comfortably sit back down.

Just part of the family I guess. Been in this soi 3 months and I'm very fond of it and all the neighbours.

She has the hots for you!

Well i am a young pale skinned red headed single lean strong hansum man :)

going to go pick up my laundry. its nearly midnight so i should be safe, have to walk pass her establishment to get to it

Well i am a young pale skinned red headed single lean strong hansum man smile.png

going to go pick up my laundry. its nearly midnight so i should be safe, have to walk pass her establishment to get to it

You got a work permit (for that)?

She's just wants to be helpful and send a subtle message that you should get your act together. When we lived in a townhouse in a soi, Hubby kept plants on the front porch and got up early every morning to water and tend them. He was always joined at that time of day by the Thai lady across the soi who was doing the same with her her plants.

Whenever we went out of town, we'd ask her to tend Hubby's plants. We'd return to find that she'd not only watered them, but had trimmed them, divided the plants, repotted them, etc. In short, done major gardening with Hubby's plants. Actually they looked much better -- not so overgrown. Also, we'd find cuttings and starts from his plants in gardens all up and down the soi.

Now we live in a high-rise condo and the neighbors ignore us like they do in apartments all over the world. Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

Well i am a young pale skinned red headed single lean strong hansum man smile.png

You got a work permit (for that)?

My wallet is loaded with them, alongside all the violet coloured thai driver licenses

So when i finally did go get my laundry at the communal area, 12 hours after i put it there, all my stuff was switched to the other washing machine

Wonder whats next in store for this lazy farang

She's just wants to be helpful and send a subtle message that you should get your act together. When we lived in a townhouse in a soi, Hubby kept plants on the front porch and got up early every morning to water and tend them. He was always joined at that time of day by the Thai lady across the soi who was doing the same with her her plants.

Whenever we went out of town, we'd ask her to tend Hubby's plants. We'd return to find that she'd not only watered them, but had trimmed them, divided the plants, repotted them, etc. In short, done major gardening with Hubby's plants. Actually they looked much better -- not so overgrown. Also, we'd find cuttings and starts from his plants in gardens all up and down the soi.

Now we live in a high-rise condo and the neighbors ignore us like they do in apartments all over the world.

Soi life every time over condo. Mind you, I guess we have been lucky getting a nice house on a nice soi with nice neighbours.