If you were to move out of Thailand, where would you go?

I have lived here in Thailand and extensively explored the South East Asian region for the last twenty years. Although it is rapidly changing and feels a lot more populated, there are still some amazing spots and hideaways. Thailand as a traveling hub is unbeatable and as a home, is mostly comfortable. When you stay here for a while, you easily get jaded and only see the negative aspects. However, when you go abroad for any amount of time, especially in the western world....you start to long for it! If I was to move out from here, I would probably go to Central America. I am curious to know, where some of you would go?

Edited by pluto_manibo
  • Like 2

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taiwan in Asia (slightly more expensive but far better place, no "farang issues", very wet climate though)

Ecuador or Peru in S America (cheap, quiet, no visa BS, get residency with 25000 USD deposited in your bank account, great climate, very diverse, but less develped than Thailand)

• Like 1

Been thinking about Cambodia since I don't feel welcome here anymore. South America sounds interesting and I'm curious to know where in Sth. America you would go to Pluto?

I would go to Costa Rica. Twenty five percent of the land is national park. Clean, great wildlife, fruits, coffee, vegetables, great Surfing on both the Pacific coast and the Caribean coast, best health care system, volcanoes, mountains, lakes....Yes, its' not perfect but nowhere is, it would do for me.

• Like 1

Costa Rica is ideal but it is getting expensive. Check a website for housing. Escazu is the suburb for San Jose where the expats live. It is about 10 klms from downtown. Not a lot of motorcycles so figure in buying a car. Lots of Thailand like nightlife but more expensive.

• Like 2