visa for thai wife and work permit

Hi everybody,

One guy keeps insisting that being married with a thai lady you get a work permit.. I keep saying marriage doesn't change anything you still must have a contract and 50.000 bahts salary and the company has to employ 4 thais for one foreigner.. AND you have to prove 400.000 bahts on an account for the visa without work permit

Can anybody confirm if I am wrong ??

Last but not least the guy says 2 millions bahts were required for a company and now only 1 million.. Anybody heard about it ?? I think he mixes up everything.. I heard about 10 millions for investor visa but what about what he is telling..

Thanks for your comments..

Have a nice day

Thanks a lot.. I don't think he is right.. Still needs a work permit and a salary of 50.000 bahts, even married with a thai lady..

I am not a native english speaker.. so I don't understand very well  "will keep claiming he is right".. I imagine it means he is wrong.. Sorry for misunderstanding

Have a nice day..

Well OP, you are right and wrong.

Yes you can get an Extension Of Permission to Stay based on Employment in the Kingdom of Thailand and if you continue to apply under this category, despite being married to a Thai you need to show all the paperwork and prove income (>50,000 THB pcm if European). Here is the list of required paperwork.

If however you are married and employed then apply for an Extension of Permission to Stay based on Thai Family (Spouse), the paperwork is less exacting plus you then need to show income > 40,000 THB pcm plus your Work Permit, else prove 400,000 THB savings in your account for a preceding set period.

You always need Work Permit to legally work, but company capitalization is  reduced to 1 million, not 2 million, per WP if the applicant is legally married to a Thai.