Anyone in Suphanburi with free time (or has Thai wife or GF w/free time)

submaniac

Moderators: I am going to post here because it is local to this forum (and I am posting here instead of classifieds because it is not ongoing employment but a one time errand that needs to be run).

Is there anyone in Suphanburi or anyone with a Thai wife or GF in Suphanburi area?  I need someone who speaks fluent time to go to the local land office (Amphur) to check the ownership of land parcels.

The deal is: my father recently passed away. He was one of three children of his parents (my grandparents).  My grandparents have/had a sizeable chunk of real estate in Suphanburi (approximately 70 acres). They died without a will, and the property was supposed to be passed to their children (i.e. my father was one of them).

My father lived in the USA, and his sisters were taking care of the property in Thailand. The sisters claim to have left the titles to the property in my grandparents name. Now that my father has passed, his decedents (his children) are entitled to inherit his share. The problem is we don't know if the sisters changed the titles of the property to their names (thus sneakily disinheriting us).

So rather than buy a plane ticket to Thailand just to go to the land office and Suphanburi, and before I start hiring attorneys (which I will probably have to do depending on the outcome of the title research) I just need to have someone preliminarily go to the land office just to check whose name the property is held in. I have a list of the real estate with their corresponding parcel numbers. So if anyone on this forum is in the Suphanburi area or has a Thai wife GF (hint: great opportunity to get them out of your hair for an afternoon!) that is free to go down to the land office for an afternoon or so, I can compensate for their time.  The task is a one afternoon affair so it is not an ongoing job nor likely to lead to an ongoing job. Just a one time stint.

I have already been in contact with lawyers in Thailand to potentially handle this matter. But before I involve lawyers, I need a simple title check done.   What kind of lawyer I get will be dependent on what happened with the land office.  If the real estate is still in the grandparents name, then I will need to hire an attorney for probate (to handle both intestate probate of grandparents and father).  If the titles have been changed into the sisters' name (my aunts) then it will be a more complicated lawsuit (I.e. fraud and conversion).   So this is step one which is necessary before taking step 2 which is hire the lawyers.  

Please let me know if anyone (or if you know anyone available). Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Hi Submaniac, I'm assuming you're in the process of resolving the issue by other means since I haven't heard further from you, all the best of luck for you in your quest, hope it works out well.
PS.. I'm due to travel to Saudi Arabia for work soon, but should be back in Suphan in approx. 8 weeks if you do wish me to assist in any way
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app