True connectivity will help Asean move forward, develop further, Abhisit says

Lite Beer

Abhisit went to Eton and Oxford. Proof that even the best education in the world won't guarantee you a functioning brain.

I shouldn't fret too much about "Khun Mark". Eton & Oxford may have opened doors in the UK for the likes of Cameron, Osborne & Johnson but I doubt it cuts much ice over here; rather he is seen as too English. Even in the UK we get sick of their presumption of "the right to rule".

The Democrats haven't won an open election for over 20 years and I would guess that Suthep's recent antics have put the final nail in their coffin. Their only future appears to be as nominees to some sort of appointed assembly.

Democracy will ultimately return to Thailand but the Democrat Party will surely be consigned to the dustbin of history. Abhisit's best bet would probably be to try to start a new party.

At least, unlike Cameron, Osborne & Johnson, he doesn't seem to have been one of the Bullingdon Club yahoos.

Edited by Cthulhu

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

sound just like the unelected morons running the EU....look how well thats doing LOL

the underlying theme here is the TPP .....thailand will regret the day it signs up to this 

I think they have been commited to it for a number of years. It is due for implication in a little over a year. This is nothing new.wai.gif

"adding that he believes Thailand now had all preparations in place for the integration"

While at the same time they treat their neighbours like slaves on their fishing fleets and push the Rohingya people out to sea again with no food or drinking water in sinking boats! Dream on.

That was 5 years ago. The Rohingya people are a recent development and are at present in a some poor quality refuge camps. In addition to them Thailand also has an additional 130,000 Burmese in refuge camps and is working with the Burmese government to repatriate as many as they can safely do so.

I am often asked if there us a time difference between Thailand and Singapore. My usual reply is - yes, one hour ................... and about 30 years.

Unless there is strong and capable leadership without massive loss through corruption ..... there is little chance of a catchup being achieved and certainly not in the short term.

Kind of your way of admitting it is a good idea. I see you could only find one country out of the ten that you feel was out of Thailand's class.clap2.gif

I had to take a double take at this statement Abhist made.

"We have come a long way in showing our potential," he said, citing projects such as the Thai railway connecting southern China and Singapore."

I thought the PTP had put an end to that.wai.gif

I believe they figured it was a better investment to run a HSR from Bangkok to Shinawatra land here in Chiang Mai. Of course they were only going to do part of it they figured private enterprise would do the bulk of it through the worst terrain. clap2.gif

Narongchai, who is also a member of the new National Legislative Assembly, said the unelected body was determined to push through some 100 bills to help move the country forward.
I don't think 100 bills is nearly enough
Possibly 300 million 1000Baht bills for each of them would be a start

Good to see the red shirts trying to take a low profile.

Nice try but no sale here.

This whole thread is getting ridicules'. The organization is to benefit the future it will like the Thai government require some eggs be broke to create an omelet.

Thailand might loose it's labors to Miramar when they get their act together and start allowing more Western Money in. It is not exactly like Thailand has an over abundance of labor just standing around looking for work. I have a friend looking to expand her building for more room to put workers. She can't even get an architect to come out and look at what she wants to do. Try finding a tradesman here in Chiang Mai to come out and do a small job for you. 

Abhisit, the man who brought down democracy in Thailand. While he was the party leader, he advised his party to "not show up" at the national election helping to invalidate the returns. A no show, Abhisit is in no position to be taken seriously on any matter.

• Like 1

Abhisit went to Eton and Oxford. Proof that even the best education in the world won't guarantee you a functioning brain.

Can't actually comment on the OP though?

Why no functioning brain?? Do you feel this ideas will negatively impact in Thailand during their transition? What do you feel are the ramifications if Thailand followed this advice?

As I stated previously today "The UDD have shunned hard policy debates in favor of simple credos" You have mirrored this credos and Dr Weng can be assured his communist teachings have served him well through your lack of insight, constructive criticism and simplistic unrelated rebuttals to intellectually driven narratives.

What are the PTP ideas for the transition or are they too busy criticizing everyone and anyone that does not suit their agenda? Maybe busy building a defense for upcoming court cases. In other words things that have nothing to do with making Thailand stronger or more prepared for ASEAN.

The Right Honorable Ahbisit might not have a functioning brain, but he is presenting ideas and planting seeds that may or may not lead to progress for the people, the voters and the children of Thailand that will inherit the country. That in itself is a righteous, honorable and constructive approach to leadership, policy moulding and positive guiding narrative that can be looked upon in a bright light. These are also refined qualities taught at Eton and Oxford.

I wonder what a Kentucky State University graduate would say to prepare Thailand for ASEAN? "The NACC treated me unfairly"? or "There is no irregularities in the rice scheme"? or "I promise to return by the 10th of August"? 

Well done Ahbisit it is not only through your constructive narrative that show you to be a brilliant politician thinking of the future of Thailand it is also the lack of an educated, response from some on TVF that highlight it is in fact them that don't have the functioning brain?

"brilliant politician thinking of the future of Thailand"  cheesy.gif    and so our absent "expert" thinks Abhisit is "brilliant" well that says it all  clap2.gif

Edited by binjalin

Abhisit, the man who brought down democracy in Thailand. While he was the party leader, he advised his party to "not show up" at the national election helping to invalidate the returns. A no show, Abhisit is in no position to be taken seriously on any matter.

I fail to see how he brought down democracy,it hadn't  even arrived. He just wanted a piece of the pie like everyone else although one must admit he cut a more elegant figure than most while cutting out the segments he wanted.