Condo help

daron

Hi everybody, just joined yesterday. Looking to relocate to Bangkok start of next month, I need help finding a nice condo. Looking to pay 15 - 22,000 a month, for 1 bedroom. Would like a new building, prefer if the condo has not been lived in before. Looking about 6 stops at the most from Asoke and be walking distance to BTS. Condo must have seperate kitchen and washing machine. Can anyone reccomend a nice building, with nice views, and what area would be best, I only really know, Nana and Phrom Phong. And does anybody know a good agent, somebody they have used before, or is reccomended on the board, thanks.

1 bedroom? You mean a studio? For example I have a studio in CM: bed, sofa, chair, wardrobe, TV, fridge, small fitted kitchen area, en suite bathroom, balcony - 46sqm. Try to state how many sqm you are expecting for that price. You might have a bit of a shock unless the BKK market has nose dived recently.

1 bedroom? You mean a studio? For example I have a studio in CM: bed, sofa, chair, wardrobe, TV, fridge, small fitted kitchen area, en suite bathroom, balcony - 46sqm. Try to state how many sqm you are expecting for that price. You might have a bit of a shock unless the BKK market has nose dived recently.

Hi, yes, 1 bedroom would be good, prefer a seperate bedroom, living room and kitchen. 40sqm would be OK I think, maybe 35.

Hi, yes, 1 bedroom would be good, prefer a seperate bedroom, living room and kitchen. 40sqm would be OK I think, maybe 35.

Here's the confusion D, with a separate bedroom the smallest size unit (2 rooms) might be @60sqm. In BKK this might not fit your budget, but I am no expert there. A studio in Thailand is typically a double bed and seating area co-located with a kitchenette if you are lucky. Small would be 35sqm. Good size would be 45sqm.

A start might be, looking in the Thai Visa Classified section, and similar posts in this forum, where members have posted links.

Also, you mentioned access to BTS, is the MRT route acceptable also?

Edited by beechguy

Can you recommend a good site for Bangkok bkkjames? Thai websites are not always the easiest to navigate so if you know of one which nicely amalgamates many of the new condos (for sale) and their areas/map, please post.

Also, anyone happen to know the "THB/Square meter" rates that are typical, that would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

http://www.ddproperty.com/en is very good and easy to navigate- best thing is the options menu which allows you to narrow down searches properly. You can also click on the transport option and search for condos via BTS stations, which is pretty smart.

There's an iOS app of it as well if you have an iPhone (not sure if there's an android equivalent but imagine there is).

Thats a great website, thanks for posting. Even has date when condos were listed.

http://www.ddproperty.com/en is very good and easy to navigate- best thing is the options menu which allows you to narrow down searches properly. You can also click on the transport option and search for condos via BTS stations, which is pretty smart.

There's an iOS app of it as well if you have an iPhone (not sure if there's an android equivalent but imagine there is).

Thats a great website, thanks for posting. Even has date when condos were listed.

So did you find something?

So did you find something?

Hi, I have narrowed it down to 2 condo buildings in Phra Khanong. 1 is offering 40 sqm 1 bedroom condos in the region of 17,000 baht. the other is a bit nicer building, 40 sqm rooms range from 20-23,000 baht. When I arrive I will check them out. Still trying to decide if I should go with an agent or just turn up to the buildings myself and ask to see available rooms. the trouble with going myself is maybe the receptionists will try and show me the worst rooms and say no others are available.

You don't need nor want an agent, Just go yourself and ask to see rooms. There's no problem with this and they will show you a good room as they want you to stay there

There's no sense in them showing you a bad room.

Condo must have seperate kitchen and washing machine.

Good luck with that. Most apartment do not have a kitchen or if they do the 'kitchen' is simply a sink in the corner of the room where you could buy a small camping style stove or electric pan and put it there.

Never heard of anyone having their own washing machine in their apartment in BKK as most building have laundry services on site or in the soi.

You don't need nor want an agent, Just go yourself and ask to see rooms. There's no problem with this and they will show you a good room as they want you to stay there

Sorry, going to beg to differ on that one. The reception or perhaps building manager will show you the rooms most beneficial to them! Condo staff have been known to get commissions from owners you know. If you were in that position which rooms would you show and which might you forget? Unfortunate fact of life I am afraid.

• Like 1

When we were looking last October, the reception staff didn't help us at all in finding places to see. In every case, they just pointed to a board in the lobby where owners advertised the flats they had for rent. We had to call each owner ourselves and if the room was available, only then would the owner talk to the desk people and give them permission to take us upstairs.

I'd highly recommend The Room 62 (Punnawithi BTS) for that budget. I looked at several and that was excellent VFM at around 20,000. Not all that close to Asoke, but not too bad. Otherwise Supalai Premier on Asoke has a few units that may be ok, but the facilities are a bit naff (it's oldish).

Sorry, going to beg to differ on that one. The reception or perhaps building manager will show you the rooms most beneficial to them! Condo staff have been known to get commissions from owners you know. If you were in that position which rooms would you show and which might you forget? Unfortunate fact of life I am afraid.

Yes, I think it will be better to go with an agent. Don't want to risk some moody receptionist not helping me out.

That DD Property site is truly excellent. Just wondering if anyone has a sense of how much of a discount a buyer can typically achieve on asking price (sales). In Britain, for example, purchasers can typically buy at 5-10% less than asking price (unless the market/property is very hot). Is that the same here or are not-new properties marked up more substantially.

Condo must have seperate kitchen and washing machine.

Good luck with that. Most apartment do not have a kitchen or if they do the 'kitchen' is simply a sink in the corner of the room where you could buy a small camping style stove or electric pan and put it there.

Never heard of anyone having their own washing machine in their apartment in BKK as most building have laundry services on site or in the soi.

My last BKK condo had a kitchen, and it had a washing machine on the balcony. The latter scared the hell out of me, several floors up. It was an advantage but a challenge for me.