Most community leaders support Prayuth as next PM: survey

Lite Beer

I could not have put it better myself, well done.

Now that politician who shall remain nameless din't have TB by any chance?

As a matter of interest, I am not sure. he did (does) have chondrosarcoma. BUT, it wouldn't surprise me if there are a few candidates for my sorry tale of western democracy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is for djjamie who wrote this:

Of course I have. You support a group that focuses on uneducated simple folk.

Let me refresh your memory.

Of course, like the 2007 constitution referendum results, the 2014 election results and every single other result that has not benefited the PTP it will be ignored or excuses made to suggest the results are not true.

Your excuse was; It tells me that people are observing martial law, the bit where they're not allowed to speak bad of the junta.

I said; And the predictable and endless excuses continue.

Can you join the dots there or should I extrapolate? (Do you understand the word, extrapolate?) And you wonder why "we" doubt you when you say yingluck is innocent!!!

I don't doubt you. I pity you.

May peace and reconciliation be with you. I sincerely hope you support peace and reconciliation?

and here is my reply Jamie:
You don't need to feel sorry for me and pity? Well I pity people like you that cannot read anything you don't agree with without coming out with a ridiculous assumptions, I don't have to cut and paste stuff for my answers or quotes. It is correct that people are not allowed to criticize the Junta and it's efforts, correct? So bearing this in mind do you not think people will say what the Junta want to hear for some fear (rightly or wrongly) of comeback? By stating this opinion how is it an "excuse"? An excuse about what? Please highlight part where I stated Yingluck is innocent, in fact please highlight Yingluck's name in my post. Please tell me how there are not daily (or at least weekly) terror attacks - or don't you include the south in your infantile rants? Tell me how I support a group that focuses on uneducated simple folk, please highlight that for me, in fact highlight the part where I've written that I support ANY group. I'm not going to say I feel sorry for you, you're the type of person who starts wars because you do not listen before you flap your gums

Constructive criticism is fine, NOT slagging off because they are the army, not shouting about them not doing a decent job, no one is under the cosh UNLESS they have an agenda to either undermine/disrupt for the sake of it. Thinking back criticism of PTP was found to be sound as the aftermath has shown. I have always said had the PTP governed cleanly with ONLY the interest of the people at heart they would have been no street protests, and they would be in control now--True  ???  I think so and that is being honest.   Problem with my post it is ok for persons viewing for what was, but not the ones that have this agenda we talk about.  No hard feelings -I post what I believe I have witnessed over the years.   May I add there are a million other matters that I have disagreed with that were not related to PTP politicians.thumbsup.gif

I don't think many people are interested in "slagging them off because they are the army". The big issue is people criticising them because they seized power undemocratically. Which I think is pretty illegal given what happens if people read 1984, eat sandwiches, make the hunger games salute etc.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Welcome to the minority clan.  Sorry again they took over before bloodshed and civil war was to break out.

AND do not give me any more BU####T about democracy--Thai style is not--PTP proved that, their fault were in this mess, had they ruled by the democracy book they would have still been in power.   THAT"S IT---

This is for djjamie who wrote this:

Of course I have. You support a group that focuses on uneducated simple folk.

Let me refresh your memory.

Of course, like the 2007 constitution referendum results, the 2014 election results and every single other result that has not benefited the PTP it will be ignored or excuses made to suggest the results are not true.

Your excuse was; It tells me that people are observing martial law, the bit where they're not allowed to speak bad of the junta.

I said; And the predictable and endless excuses continue.

Can you join the dots there or should I extrapolate? (Do you understand the word, extrapolate?) And you wonder why "we" doubt you when you say yingluck is innocent!!!

I don't doubt you. I pity you.

May peace and reconciliation be with you. I sincerely hope you support peace and reconciliation?

and here is my reply Jamie:
You don't need to feel sorry for me and pity? Well I pity people like you that cannot read anything you don't agree with without coming out with a ridiculous assumptions, I don't have to cut and paste stuff for my answers or quotes. It is correct that people are not allowed to criticize the Junta and it's efforts, correct? So bearing this in mind do you not think people will say what the Junta want to hear for some fear (rightly or wrongly) of comeback? By stating this opinion how is it an "excuse"? An excuse about what? Please highlight part where I stated Yingluck is innocent, in fact please highlight Yingluck's name in my post. Please tell me how there are not daily (or at least weekly) terror attacks - or don't you include the south in your infantile rants? Tell me how I support a group that focuses on uneducated simple folk, please highlight that for me, in fact highlight the part where I've written that I support ANY group. I'm not going to say I feel sorry for you, you're the type of person who starts wars because you do not listen before you flap your gums

Constructive criticism is fine, NOT slagging off because they are the army, not shouting about them not doing a decent job, no one is under the cosh UNLESS they have an agenda to either undermine/disrupt for the sake of it. Thinking back criticism of PTP was found to be sound as the aftermath has shown. I have always said had the PTP governed cleanly with ONLY the interest of the people at heart they would have been no street protests, and they would be in control now--True  ???  I think so and that is being honest.   Problem with my post it is ok for persons viewing for what was, but not the ones that have this agenda we talk about.  No hard feelings -I post what I believe I have witnessed over the years.   May I add there are a million other matters that I have disagreed with that were not related to PTP politicians.thumbsup.gif

ginjag, I don't often agree with you and your posts in the same way you don't agree with mine. You know my views about YL well enough. She was a puppet for her brother and the only experience she had in politics was the 6 weeks of campaigning before the election, in my opinion it was a disgrace. I also think it was a disgrace the way the government was taken down but that's another story. What I dislike it posters like this djjamie chap jumping to ridiculous conclusions because he's so busy getting on his high horse he doesn't take the time to read a post properly! There will always be things in life that people disagree on, so what? That's all part of freedom of speech and individualism!  Cheers!

I have always said, I am one that will slag off ANY government that is not ruling in a democratic fashion.

The army are ruling in a democratic fashion more than PTP, although not elected, I just say OK to that without going into kelly's armhole.

Hope free election will take place once normality is sorted.   Apart from the army being there, I do not see many blunders as of yet, when they do I will criticize them.thumbsup.gif

I am.waiting for the current bunch to rejig the constituencies to somehow get the dems into power. Every bangkokian vote to count double?

You show your ignorance and prejudice with your post.

The democrats were both accused of rejigging the constitutions and of have let Pheu Thai profit by it.

Furthermore Bangkokians as in those registered and part of BKK electorate are divided like the country. Even in the last BKK governor elections the Democrat candidate got 1.25m votes, the Pheu Thai candidate 1.07m votes.

Please come with more meaningful suggestions which may actually help the country move forward.

Just wait.

There is no way they are going to let PTP win. I should have qualifed my statements. Bear in mind the population of bangkok is very different from the voting population

Half of bangkok votes up country.

The part of Bangkok electorate that votes in the BKK governor elections also votes here in the general elections.

Your 'no way they are going to let PTP win' only shows your own bias against the reforms and shows why reforms are necessary. Or should should I just quote Ms. Yingluck's "give us some time'?

They need to get rid of the party list, but I fail to see what real reform of the process of voting is needed.  First past the post is a recognised way to hold parliamentary elections.  

I am not wanting PTP to win anymore than i want the Democrats to win. But just wait for when the election happens.  Deja vu all over again as they say,with a PTP incarnation holding a probable majority.

Just wait.

There is no way they are going to let PTP win. I should have qualifed my statements. Bear in mind the population of bangkok is very different from the voting population

Half of bangkok votes up country.

The part of Bangkok electorate that votes in the BKK governor elections also votes here in the general elections.

Your 'no way they are going to let PTP win' only shows your own bias against the reforms and shows why reforms are necessary. Or should should I just quote Ms. Yingluck's "give us some time'?

They need to get rid of the party list, but I fail to see what real reform of the process of voting is needed.  First past the post is a recognised way to hold parliamentary elections.  

I am not wanting PTP to win anymore than i want the Democrats to win. But just wait for when the election happens.  Deja vu all over again as they say,with a PTP incarnation holding a probable majority.

Reforms are not just about the process of voting, but also on making a democracy functioning as such. The tricky part is making the electorate aware of their power to elect who they want instead of who they are 'induced' to elect. The age old patronage system will not disappear just like that, it took ages in Western Europe, why should it be more easy to achieve here?