Malaysian Airlines, would you?

ryanhull

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way!

How will they find your destination if they can't even find their own plane?

Communication skills are questionable as well!

I would chose a ship before choosing that airliner for International travel.

Depending on time frame you might lose your money....someone is consolidating and buying them out.....shutting it down for restructure then kick starting back up from the latest I've read...they may all be on the ground when your flight time comes....

What is happening is that Khazanah (already the main shareholder - and government owned) is mopping up the rest of the shares. Once this is done there will be a proper restructuring - which will focus on over-staffing and the loss-making domestic routes. The airline will NOT cease flying at any point - too crucial for Malaysia's economy.

Hi,

Would have no problems whatsoever flying with this airline. A disproportionate amount of bad luck for all involved. Could have been any number of airlines affected by either of the losses.

Agree wholeheartedly - and if the price was attractive enough, upgrade to Biz.

While it is not relevant to their current difficulties, it is worth bearing in mind that a few years back Malaysian was warned twice about coming into London Heathrow without the required amount of fuel, following the usual post-landing ground checks.

I believe they were told in no uncertain terms that UK landing rights would be rescinded if they were caught again.

An experienced pilot from another airline was quoted at the time as saying that, with the level of fuel they were carrying, if they had to do an emergency climb or avoidance manoeuvre, they would likely leave the tops of the fuel pipes exposed, leading to airlock in the supply. Also it opened up the possibility that they would have to claim priority landing rights at what is the world's busiest airport, screwing up air traffic control procedures.

At the time it was suggested that they were doing this simply to save money. It is this, rather than recent events, that would put me off.

I personally wouldn't, even though the "odds" are that you will be "safe". I'm just superstitious like that. Where there's smoke, there's fire. And from the original MH370 flight, their management have been exposed as being incompotent.

Your life is more valuable than the extra $50 dollars in savings :)

While it is not relevant to their current difficulties, it is worth bearing in mind that a few years back Malaysian was warned twice about coming into London Heathrow without the required amount of fuel, following the usual post-landing ground checks.

I believe they were told in no uncertain terms that UK landing rights would be rescinded if they were caught again.

An experienced pilot from another airline was quoted at the time as saying that, with the level of fuel they were carrying, if they had to do an emergency climb or avoidance manoeuvre, they would likely leave the tops of the fuel pipes exposed, leading to airlock in the supply. Also it opened up the possibility that they would have to claim priority landing rights at what is the world's busiest airport, screwing up air traffic control procedures.

At the time it was suggested that they were doing this simply to save money. It is this, rather than recent events, that would put me off.

dude... i'm not sure you are talking via facts. I know for a fact that Malaysia Airlines planes has complied to all the FAA rules even in UK. Their plane were inspected immediately the moment the aircraft is on choke. And they have all BA Engineers and Airbus Engineers onsite for all their technical handling. The past 2 incidents was a tragedy that nothing the airline could do. The fact an airplane was lost is a mystery by itself. And the fact that their plane was shot down is a criminal act in nature. You can take all other airlines in the world and they could suffer similar fate. In my line of job, i travel quite extensively and for most of the time (80%) i travel with MAS mainly due to the cabin crew factor and the good fare they offered. I would travel with them anytime all the time unless their incidents can proven due to their engineering inefficiency. Your chances of being hit and die by a car or bus in Bangkok is much higher.
  • Like 1

dude... i'm not sure you are talking via facts. I know for a fact that Malaysia Airlines planes has complied to all the FAA rules even in UK. Their plane were inspected immediately the moment the aircraft is on choke. And they have all BA Engineers and Airbus Engineers onsite for all their technical handling. The past 2 incidents was a tragedy that nothing the airline could do. The fact an airplane was lost is a mystery by itself. And the fact that their plane was shot down is a criminal act in nature. You can take all other airlines in the world and they could suffer similar fate. In my line of job, i travel quite extensively and for most of the time (80%) i travel with MAS mainly due to the cabin crew factor and the good fare they offered. I would travel with them anytime all the time unless their incidents can proven due to their engineering inefficiency. Your chances of being hit and die by a car or bus in Bangkok is much higher.

Dates back to 1999. See original reports below:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/339810.stm

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/malaysia-airlines-low-fuel-danger-spans-two-years-51332/

Ok, I do accept that the recent tragedies were not related to this and also appreciate your assurance that they now fully comply to FAA rules. I hope they will be able to move forward into a profitable future in due course, and put recent events behind them.

I would and just did this week. Booked two intra-Asia routes with them. Let's face it, the disappearance of MH370 could have happened to another airline as well, as the lack of flight tracking options in the region concerns most other carriers too. We still don't know why that plane behaved the way it did and what eventually sent it crashing into the ocean.

Same with the bad crisis management - would THAI have handled it better? And ditto with having your plane shot out of the sky by terrorists with access to STA missiles.

Superstition 2 planes in one month?

Not superstition, just bad math. Check the dates and compute again.

Working with the aviation industry I'm always amused how otherwise rational people so often seem to lose it when it comes to assessing airline safety. The stats are out there for all to see and, at this point, flying on MAS still rates as one of the safest things you can do in life.

• Like 1

It is the Chows, they have school holidays, my flights from China to Thailand have almost doubled in price, try September, it is a lot cheaper.

Nothing wrong really with Malaysia Airlines, they are just a bit careless, they are to aircraft what the Mc Caans are to child welfare.

I would, they have always been excellent value for good service.

Agreed.

Also; Malaysia Air before MH370 and 17 had one of the better safety records in the world. As far as can be established neither incident / accident has been their fault.

Feel sorry for them really.

• Like 1

rather walk than go with those clowns. (I am Malaysian)

Do you have some personal knowledge or are you just angry. With issues of self esteem. I am human. Or so I've been told.

Can you prove they have been through Clown School. Or see above.

• Like 1

Hi Ryan,

Not being smart, but first up, there is no such airline. I think you mean "Malaysia Airlines" and having flown with the carrier on numerous occasions, I would not hesitate to do so again.

Malaysia Airlines has an excellent record for maintenance and the staff are all dedicated professionals. As you said, you are probably more likely to be run over by a bus on the way to the airport than you are of having the airplane crash.

I am even tempted to take a flight with them to KL or KK just for the "heck of it" and to show some support for the carrier in these troubled times.