British Bike Driver injured in Pattaya Beach Road crash

webfact

British Bike Driver injured in Pattaya Beach Road crash

brit-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Sunday a road crash involving a pedestrian and two motorbikes occurred on Pattaya Beach Road in front of Central Festival Pattaya Beach.

A female pedestrian aged in her thirties was seriously injured and taken to Hospital while a British Bike driver, Mr. Darren Johnson aged 32 was treated at the scene by medics after sustaining a minor leg injury.

Police determined the crash was caused by Khun Wiwat aged 17, who was driving a Honda CBR. He claimed that he had just come to Pattaya and was not aware of the roads and turned onto Beach Road against the flow of traffic.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/138537/british-bike-driver-injured-in-pattaya-beach-road-crash/

[pattayaone]2014-08-11[/pattayaone]

Makes a change from the foreign driver couldn't get out of the way of the driver going in the wrong direction,, therefore determine that foreigner at fault

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't even understand who would want to ride a motorbike! I hate the things! far more enjoyable is a 1,500 baht " Bicycle " from Big C with " basket and bell " ideal for " cruising about " rather slowly and stopping for a picnic lunch " enroute "  ( I obviously live in a different world from most......) 

Farang Jaideesmile.png

I don't even understand who would want to ride a motorbike! I hate the things! far more enjoyable is a 1,500 baht " Bicycle " from Big C with " basket and bell " ideal for " cruising about " rather slowly and stopping for a picnic lunch " enroute "  ( I obviously live in a different world from most......) 

Farang Jaideesmile.png

Reminds me of the song  by  ????

I've got a bike  you can ride it if you like.

its got a basket a bell and things to make it look good.

I'd give it to you if I could...... but I borrowed it.

• Like 1

Farang Jaideesmile.png

Or even a 100 000 baht carbon beauty from Probike.

Farang Jaideesmile.png

Reminds me of the song  by  ????

I've got a bike  you can ride it if you like.

its got a basket a bell and things to make it look good.

I'd give it to you if I could...... but I borrowed it.

Pink Floyd

Khun Wiwat has a license at 17?

I think I'm right in saying 15 is the legal age for a license here.

Only for under 90cc. That was what my son got when he was 15. Had to wait till 18 to ride anything bigger, legally.

Well seems things are changing, the Thai rider was to blame, w00t.gif hope the English guy was insured because you can bet your bottom dollar the Thai guy was not, and his parents can not afford to pay for damages to his bike. 

How about that pedestrian? What's she got to do with the accident?

I for one, is still awfully amazed at how people can be hit by motor vehicles. Plain and Simple, DONT get on the street if there is anything moving. Stay the eff clear. Cross only when possible.

Of course, I'm not there, somebody will say something for her defense.

1) Don't give opportunity, and it will never happen.

So even if today that somchai didn't ride the wrong way, the pedestrian would still have been hit!?!?! blink.png

well if this guy was riding against the flow of traffic (up a one way street)?, why the hell would this poor woman, and the other pedestrain,look for a vehicle coming from the "wrong direction" , get better soon love.

well if this guy was riding against the flow of traffic (up a one way street)?, why the hell would this poor woman, and the other pedestrain,look for a vehicle coming from the "wrong direction" , get better soon love.

But this is Pattaya and if you want to survive here you have to scan the landscape 360° if necessary because they can come at you from all directions particularly motorbike taxi ridersblink.png

• Like 1

Farang Jaideesmile.png

Yes, you do live in a different world from many others. Personally, my imagination stops at why people jump out of a perfectly sound airplane at 10,000 ft with a lump of silk in a backpack to keep them safe.

Motorbikes - well, only motorcyclists understand why a dog loves to stick its head out of a car window.

By being alive we face death every day - what can make the difference is how you mitigate the risks. If you think jumping out of plane or riding motorbike is dangerous? 20,000 people in India die each year with rabies from dog bites!

Farang Jaideesmile.png

Motorbikes - well, only motorcyclists understand why a dog loves to stick its head out of a car window.

To smell if there is any bitches around? w00t.gif

Farang Jaideesmile.png

Good luck riding your bicycle up the hills of Phuket laugh.png

He was going the wrong way down a one-way street....

No big deal...millions do it everyday here...

CB

Yes, earlier today I was " sandwiched" between a motorbike on my left, going the wrong way and a baht bus on my right, reversing. blink.png I just decided to stop dead and wait for them to finish their silly antics.

What you have to understand here is the first rule -there are no ruleslaugh.png

Hello Viewers!

Well i have to admit i just love to walk everywhere! fab weather a nice 10 km stroll most mornings " catching a few rays enroute " its another world and you can stop and chat and meet new friends and ladies whilst " strolling about " ( you can't do that on a motorbike ) But the people i find are the worst " motorbike riders " are the " motorbike taxis " - most are clueless with very little experience and seem to get so " over excited " when they get a customer ( " money " ) that they don't seem to look before setting off into " a world of oblivion....." I don't like motorbikes ( although i thoroughly enjoyed David Essex's " Silver Dream Racer " 1980 ) IThese days the world and there wife seems to be in such a rush ( i am delighted to say that i am not........) x

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif