2009 Honda Phantom, 21,000 kms, excellent condition

Reluctant sale. Just over 20,000 on the clock. New tyres put on recently. I am third owner and book is in my name. Very well maintained and cared for. Excellent saddle bags included in price. 80,000 baht wanted. Contact me by message here at ThaiVisa. ++++++ I am no longer resident in Thailand and so do not have a telephone number. I am also not allowed to provide an email in the text...

[url=http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/2009-honda-phantom-21-000-kms-excellent-condition-287513.html]View the full article[/url]

I think you have vastly overpriced the bike.

Closer to 45 or 50000 might get you a buyer as the brand new cost of the Phantom was only 84,000 and it went out of production over 4 years ago.

I have a 2005 Phantom but for me it is no problem as my son (only 10 now) wants it when he grows up.

It is a good solid reliable bike and easy to get fixed anywhere in Thailand.

The problem is that it is old and out of production and finding a buyer is very difficult and impossible at the price you want.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the constructive comments.

I did some very brief checking of other ads before placing mine. I cannot remember which website I was on, but I saw a bike older than mine (but with fewer kms, just) going for 80. Others were 75k. It was largely based on this that I priced it at 80k.

However, I have now had a look at the prices on this forum for Phantoms (should have done that before, hey?). I have seen that 2003 models are priced at 45k. So I wholeheartedly agree with the above: I think if I priced mine at 40 it would go very quickly!

Based on prices for comparable models to mine here, I have now priced the bike at 69,000. (Weather cover, lock and saddle bags included in the price.)

As I live remotely in Asia, and can come back to live in Thailand at anytime, and likely will in the future, if I don't get offered what I want I will keep it with friends. I don't have to sell it.

++++++++++

Just as side notes to the above...

I am currently in the Philippines and travel to BKK regularly (in fact I will be there in a couple of weeks for a long weekend), so the documentation thing will not present an issue. I have all the documents with me. This will not influence the pricing!

A brand new Phantom was 88k IIRC. I think the fact this is bike is out of production works in a seller's favour. The Phantom is still popular, parts are still readily available (as mentioned above), they are easy to service at any Honda dealer, but the pool of supply is now limited. The bikes are getting older, so it wouldn't push the bike's price up, but I see this as an argument for value retention.