Marriage Visa without the 400,000 baht

I think you will find that you can extend a single entry visa for 60 days, I have never ever heard of anyone extending each entry on a multi-entry visa.

There no rule preventing that for multi-entry visa. Different offices may act differently. Again, what I'm saying is based on information I gathered from reputable moderators.

Do those of you one a marriage visa still have to check in every 90 days?

My mate in Vietnam married a girl there, got a 5 year visa with no hassle. You have something similar here, or are you waiting in line at 6am with all the others every 90 days?

My mate in Vietnam married a girl there, got a 5 year visa with no hassle. You have something similar here, or are you waiting in line at 6am with all the others every 90 days?

There are companies that provide this service for you. I believe they charge around 200 Baht per 90 days or you can pay in advance for the whole year.

Hardly a big deal.

If you're not married already then what is that going to cost? Never cheap but probably 100,000 baht minimum ( not to mention the ongoing future costs) and if you're earning 80,000 baht per month then surely you have a work permit and the appropriate visa. Marriage seems an expensive option just to get a visa. Marriage because you want to spend the rest of your lives together and have children - fair enough.

yes still every 90 days though i've never had to wait more than 5 minutes at my local immigration office as they have a separate desk to handle 90 reports

There are companies that provide this service for you. I believe they charge around 200 Baht per 90 days or you can pay in advance for the whole year.

Hardly a big deal.

send the wife, buy her lunch :D

If you're not married already then what is that going to cost? Never cheap but probably 100,000 baht minimum ( not to mention the ongoing future costs) and if you're earning 80,000 baht per month then surely you have a work permit and the appropriate visa. Marriage seems an expensive option just to get a visa. Marriage because you want to spend the rest of your lives together and have children - fair enough.

100k baht to get married? Am I missing something here??

I think it costs 40 baht to get married!

will the embassy confirm your 80k per month or is it in the shady gray kind of business, no tax report or nothing

you made 80.000 x 12 months x 4 years = 3.840.000 baht

but you could not save up 400k

boehoe

Edited by belg
  • Like 2

will the embassy confirm your 80k per month or is it in the shady gray kind of business, no tax report or nothing

There's no OR. Yes, the embassy will confirm.

boehoe

Where did he say he "can't?" But the cash does need a period of seasoning in a bank account before it can be used at Immigration.

There's no OR. Yes, the embassy will confirm.

boehoe

Where did he say he "can't?" But the cash does need a period of seasoning in a bank account before it can be used at Immigration.

why doesnt he put in the bank quick and get started?

When is read "having explored all the visa options, it seems that the Marriage visa is the one which makes the more sense" and "I make about 80,000 baht monthly, and I am doing that for at least the 4 years I am in Thailand permanently."

I understand the OP may only have a tourist or education visa right now, and he got this money while staying in Thailand for 4 years without work permit, so I'm not sure it's wise to show the bank book for the 80,000 Baht he earns monthly to apply for a marriage visa. Or maybe I'm just mistaken.

• Like 2

When is read "having explored all the visa options, it seems that the Marriage visa is the one which makes the more sense" and "I make about 80,000 baht monthly, and I am doing that for at least the 4 years I am in Thailand permanently."

I understand the OP may only have a tourist or education visa right now, and he got this money while staying in Thailand for 4 years without work permit, so I'm not sure it's wise to show the bank book for the 80,000 Baht he earns monthly to apply for a marriage visa. Or maybe I'm just mistaken.

before we string him up he did say in another thread he earned money selling software on the web.

this could be both residual and offshore

it's only working without a work permit thats illegal in thailand not receiving money for work done/created elsewhere

How the heck is anyone supposed to make heads or tails out of what all was bantered back and forth here in this thread? Notably missing are the regular visa authorities that Thai visa members usually subscribe to for their wisdom on visa matters.

Edited by poweratradio
  • Like 1

Wow, great answer, thanks a lot. Do you think I need an attorney for doing the marriage + visa or it can be done by myself?

When you are married you can get a 12 month extension with 400,000 Baht in a thai bank.

OR 40,000 Baht a month income.

A Rough Guide.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.

Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

A better answer would come IF you stated your passport nationality. Americans need a notarized statement of monthly income from the American Embassy in BKK, current cost $50.at Embassy. Hold up your right hand.

With a multi entry visa can leave country every 150 days.

Will require an extension for reason 2.24, cost is 1,900 Bt at each entry. Make last entry at the last allowed time and will have almost 17 months for each issued visa.

You need to leave every 90 days and cannot extend for 60 days to make it 150 days before you leave the country.
Yes, you can. Mods would confute me if that wasn't possible.
why would you do this though? it is a multiple entry visa! which means you could go to Laos everyday and return no problem (just pay laos visa). it is valid for one year (has an expiry date, use by) at which time you make one last border run and get your last 90 day entry. in essence you get nearly 15 months with it. why in the world you would apply for an extension in between time is lost on me.

I am on a Non O, multi and marriage extn using the 40000 THB a month option by getting the UK embassy to verify my income for Thai Imm'.

Before the extn I only had to report to my local office every 90 days and not cross any border, which is the case when you have the extn approved.

The yearly renewal fee for the extn is 1900 THB plus the fee for the income letter.

I am on a Non O, multi and marriage extn using the 40000 THB a month option by getting the UK embassy to verify my income for Thai Imm'.

Before the extn I only had to report to my local office every 90 days and not cross any border, which is the case when you have the extn approved.

The yearly renewal fee for the extn is 1900 THB plus the fee for the income letter.

before the extension application you were just a normal non-o multi. and you say you didnt have to leave, just report every 90 days?

my advice to the OP would be to save up the money and extend based on 400K in the bank. then he won't have to go to the embassy every year.

he'll only have to get a letter from the bank confirming the amount which is usually 100 baht

in the meantime, get married and get a non-o multiple entry from savanaket in laos while you save up the cash and get it seasoned. currently he will

not have to show any financials

• Like 1

my advice to the OP would be to save up the money and extend based on 400K in the bank. then he won't have to go to the embassy every year.

he'll only have to get a letter from the bank confirming the amount which is usually 100 baht

in the meantime, get married and get a non-o multiple entry from savanaket in laos while you save up the cash and get it seasoned. currently he will

not have to show any financials

This is what i will be doing when i get my last 90 day entry on my multi O visa, makes the most sense than going to get another multi O visa based on marriage.

I heard about this... I can rent a car and do it like a holliday trip, my gf is from Ubon so, it sounds a good option.

Thanks for the tip!

Another option and VERY easy ( besides the travel hassle ) is suvannakhet, Laos Thai Consulate. They do NOT require financial proof ( 400k or 40k a month ) and no need to take pictures of u and wife together in the house and outside etc.

You arrive there in the morning ( before 11am ) and drop off:
- Application with two pictures
- copy of your passport
- copy of wife's id, signed by her
- copy of wife's house book, also signed by her
- copy of marriage certificate ( bring original in case they ask to see it )

Come back at 2:30pm and pick up your multiple - O visa.

I just did this 3 days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No I do not work in Thailand, I make money oversea with a business located in the US.

I only transfer part of my salary every 2 weeks in Thailand.

I make about 80,000 baht monthly, and I am doing that for at least the 4 years I am in Thailand permanently.

Since you are working in Thailand you should be able to get a one-year extension of stay for the reason of employment. No need to get married for this.

Thanks for having read my post entirely ;) yes I was in ED visa and I want to switch to marriage visa due to the hassle they put on us. It doesn't make sense for me after 4 years to attend a school 4 time a week (new fine rule!). I rather want to marry my girlfriend who deserve it.

As I said I make this money from an oversea business, not in Thailand. I just live here because my gf is here, and I love it here.

Thanks for having read my post entirely wink.png yes I was in ED visa and I want to switch to marriage visa due to the hassle they put on us. It doesn't make sense for me after 4 years to attend a school 4 time a week (new fine rule!). I rather want to marry my girlfriend who deserve it.

As I said I make this money from an oversea business, not in Thailand. I just live here because my gf is here, and I love it here.

Great. No problem then :)

U earn 80k a month, save some every month and eventually u will have the dosh especially if you put it in the bank each month.

Thats what I am doing.....think longer term

Regards from disenchanted

Year I have been living without saving too much, but I think I can find the 400,000 after all if I really need.

The solution at the LAOS embassy is my preferred one. I am surprised it is working actually. Better not advertise it too much if it does.wai2.gif

I have also a friend who is living in Ubon and has the same problem, he works on computer from home, but he has a kid with his gf and will marry her in order to be able to stay, because all the other doors are closing one by one.

I only hope that they will not strengthen the marriage visa and law to the point that it will be impossible for normal people having a normal pension or salary to marry a Thai girlfriend.

U earn 80k a month, save some every month and eventually u will have the dosh especially if you put it in the bank each month.

Thats what I am doing.....think longer term

Regards from disenchanted

With a multi entry visa can leave country every 150 days.

Will require an extension for reason 2.24, cost is 1,900 Bt at each entry. Make last entry at the last allowed time and will have almost 17 months for each issued visa.

You need to leave every 90 days and cannot extend for 60 days to make it 150 days before you leave the country.

you cant get extensions on multi non-o's? are you sure?

There is a new one year Multi Entry Non-immigrant visa category O (for certain specified nationalities). You need to do a border run every 90 days (without and charges) and it is renewable at the end of the year.