APEC Business Travel Card

Plenty of people i know have one though most are here on proper extensions of stay and from the thai side at least use it for fast immigration.

Dunno if the recent changes will impact but cant see how. To be sure however, australia made the eligibility of getting one more difficult for its citizens, in part i think due to the fact that some were abusing it and using it as a defacto visa to live in places like thailand, which is not the intent of the visa.
  • Like 1

I am on my second card. I have an import/export company in New Zealand and do lot of business with China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam and have been looking into exporting certain product from Thailand but it is very difficult with Thai company's they tend to give you stupid export prices which are well over priced. They have a lot to learn if they want to export.

One was with an export company in Bangkok for Pineapples they gave me prices that matched the retail prices in the supermarkets in New Zealand for Philippine pineapples. Over the last 3 years have visited many manufacturers but cannot get competitive prices, am still trying.

I have just come back from business trip to UK had no problems coming in at immigration. It can take up to 4 months to get the countries acceptance stamp on the card. But once it is given and the card is valid they cannot refuse you as your acceptance is from the Minister of trade.
  • Like 1

Please PM me how I can get one of those APEC business travel cards. Thank you.

If you are Australian they are very difficult to get these days. I had one but then when I went to renew was denied because my company was not on some Forbes list even though I was the regional head. If you are from another APEC country I think it's pretty straight forward. My colleague had no issues getting one with a Japanese passport at the same time my renewal was rejected.

OB

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

These were being offered around lower suk by the boiler room types for 12 to 20k thb.. For the 3 year card iirc.. They swore blind it was not forged and you were on some computerized system.. The cards being based out of Hong Kong hence any farang could have been resident there to get it..

I know a couple of chancers who bought and used them.. I am told it worked at the airport, 90 day stay given.. Very cheap option but seemed like high risk if you had other choices.

I had one when I lived in Hong Kong and here are the rules:

http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/hk-visas/apec-business-travel-card.html

When you apply you need to be in Businees and need to travel plus you need a letter from your boss(that was me as self employed) saying you need to travel around those contries listed .

It took 3months wait for HK and them 3 months wait to bounce it round other contries . I got them all except Malaysia...don't know why not them?

• Like 1

For any Australians wanting to get one, be prepared to spend a lot of time, effort and money to have any chance of being approved.

The application process is very long and involved, and your Australian registered business/company details will be scrutinised and verified.

Costs are considerably higher for the application (along with associated costs such as company endorsement) than other countries in APEC.

The whole process got a lot harder when they tightened up the rules a couple of year back.

• Like 1