Trouble With Thai Fonts In Windows Xp

mahdoo

Hello helpful techie bods,

I just cannot get my nice looking thai fonts to work in any program. I would like to be using them in Photoshop CS2 and have had them working before but have since reinstalled Windows XP Professional SP2 and upgraded to Photoshop CS2 from CS. And now the bloody things won't work.

I can type in thai (า่้หกห่มกา่ก) and see thai but the fonts I would like to be using just are not working, coming up with ???? instead of characters. I have had these fonts working before but for the life of me now cannot remember how. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! Sorry it has been alittle frustrating today.

The name of the font I would like to be using is a truetype font PSL Panpilasas I will attempt to attach it to another post so that one of you could install the font and attempt using it and let me know how you get on.

I have tried altering most of the settings in the 'regional and language options' to no avail, but maybe I am just missing something really obvious. Please help before I do something drastic and do irreparable damage to my machine.

Here is the font (hopefully) as an attachment.

Here goes..............................

Nope that did't work. What exactly does that 'File Attachments' thing do then?

If anyone would like to help out and get a free nice looking thai font in the bargin PM me and i'll send the font to you instead.

Thanks

Edited by mahdoo

I've just installed CS2 and I can't get alot of Thai fonts to work either, I don't think the program supports them.

When selecting the fonts, I notice that the first ones to appear work fine, then there's a line break in the font list and the font's after that don't type in Thai (e.g. the JS and PSL fonts).

I have similar experience with Illustrator, which is very limited for Thai fonts. The difference with Illustrator is the last fonts in the list are the ones that type Thai.

My guess is there's not much you can do, except switch back to the old program.

I'm also looking for nice Thai fonts, especially hand written style. I'm told Corel Draw is better for this.

Apparently computers support Thai language less and less, so there hasn't been any new fonts come out for a while.

I uninstalled Photoshop CS2 and installed my old CS and voila all my Thai fonts are working again.

It just never occurred to me that a new version of a program might be less functional in ways than the previous versions. funny eh

I've been an Adobe man forever but am going to give the coreldraw a go to see how it matches up.

Smithson, Thanks for the help, I have some Thai fonts that you are welcome to have, some of which are hand written style but not many such as JS Siriumas, JS Tinaas, JS Toomatas, DS FreeHandas and DS FreeJackas. PM me and i'll send em to you if you want?

Byee :o