Price Of Beer

Im going on holiday to thailand for the first time on monday and i would just like to know what the average price of a few of the best beers in your opinion is, just to make sure that i dont get ripped off =)

Im from England so of course im used to beers such as Bud and Fosters...which apparently most of you hate, so tips would be appreciated

Thanks

Nick :o

ok thanks for the feed back =) to be honest im not too picky about which beer i drink, ill just have what im given.

ill just have to make sure i find a decent bar to go to..i probs will end up not caring about the price and just wanting to try and drink my older brother under the table, you have to admit that that would be a good fun =P

...i cant see myself remembering much of this holiday

i probs will end up not caring about the price and just wanting to try and drink my older brother under the table, you have to admit that that would be a good fun =P

...i cant see myself remembering much of this holiday

Have a great time Nick.. try to drink sensibly.

When you come back you may need take a look in here :o

totster :D

no advise from monochaser yet? :o

I was waiting for his advise too...

He probably relocated to another Place , where the Beer is "good" (to his definition) and cheap . Must have chicks too though( to keep his GF in the check :D ).....i guess he is in Laos then?

rcm :D

He probably relocated to another Place , where the Beer is "good" (to his definition) and cheap . Must have chicks too though( to keep his GF in the check :D ).....i guess he is in Laos then?

I'm kind of wondering if he got the chop? :D

...that might explain his recent absence from TV...not that I complain.... :D

Im going on holiday to thailand for the first time on monday and i would just like to know what the average price of a few of the best beers in your opinion is, just to make sure that i dont get ripped off =)

Im from England so of course im used to beers such as Bud and Fosters...which apparently most of you hate, so tips would be appreciated

Thanks

Nick :D

Coming from England you seem to have let the side down by drinking cr@p like Bud and Fosters, you are obviously a novice at the game! :D Had you been a real ale drinker you would definitly have noticed the difference between a "Good" beer and the rubbish that we are forced to drink in LOS.

The best you can do here is stick to Heineken which is also a tasteless, kiddies drink and comes up to the usuall expectations of the stuff you drink at home. Do not touch Chang as apart from being full of chemicals it has a little more taste than other brews and being much stronger you will only manage to drink a couple to put you in the same condition as a lot more of what you are used to!

Apart from that, have a good holiday, there's much more to enjoy besides the beer. :o:D

Thanks

Nick :D

Coming from England you seem to have let the side down by drinking cr@p like Bud and Fosters, you are obviously a novice at the game! :D Had you been a real ale drinker you would definitly have noticed the difference between a "Good" beer and the rubbish that we are forced to drink in LOS.

The best you can do here is stick to Heineken which is also a tasteless, kiddies drink and comes up to the usuall expectations of the stuff you drink at home. Do not touch Chang as apart from being full of chemicals it has a little more taste than other brews and being much stronger you will only manage to drink a couple to put you in the same condition as a lot more of what you are used to!Apart from that, have a good holiday, there's much more to enjoy besides the beer. :o:D

Who Needs Moonchaser... we got monsieurhappy

The best you can do here is stick to Heineken which is also a tasteless, kiddies drink and comes up to the usuall expectations of the stuff you drink at home. Do not touch Chang as apart from being full of chemicals it has a little more taste than other brews and being much stronger you will only manage to drink a couple to put you in the same condition as a lot more of what you are used to!Apart from that, have a good holiday, there's much more to enjoy besides the beer. :o:D

Who Needs Moonchaser... we got monsieurhappy

...not quite, he hints that he's enjoying something in Thailand... :D

John Smiths, Tetleys, Old Speckled Hen, Newcastle Brown, Strongbow, Natch, Bud & Fosters is available, as well as Guinness. Also about 40-50 other beers. German beers; Paulaner, Paulaners pils, Paulaner Salvator (7.5 Strong dark beer) Erdinger, Erdinger Dark, Erdinger Champ, Diebels, Warsteiner, Ozzie beers; VB, Crown, CoopersPale Ale, Coopers Stout, Coopers sparkling ale, Fosters, Fosters Light Ice. And plenty more.

Beers brewed in Thailand;

Leo, Chang, Heineken, Archa, Cheers, Chang Light, Chang Draught, Singha, Sinha Special, Singha Gold, San Miguel, San Miguel Light, San Miguel Pils, San Miguel Blue Ice, San Miguel Red Horse, Asahi, Kloster, Tiger.

I've probably missed a few, but if you listen to some people that doesn't matter. Drink what you fancy and make your own opinion. After all I know people that think Fillet steak is horrible, yet coakroaches and maggots delicious.

Sorry almost missed the point.

You will pay between 45 and 90 baht for a local beer(75p- 1.50p) and upwards from 100 baht to 200 baht for an import. ( 1.70p- 3.40p)

Edited by lampard10

If you want a beer similar to Buttwiper, than you can buy a beer named "Archa". I buy 12 big bottles of this stuff for 250 bt for a box of big bottles(12)-not bad, and very economical :o

if you talk them down its 240 bt :D:D

If you want a beer similar to Buttwiper, than you can buy a beer named "Archa". I buy 12 big bottles of this stuff for 250 bt for a box of big bottles(12)-not bad, and very economical :D

if you talk them down its 240 bt :D:D

What about getting 100% proof alcohol from the pharmacy, diluting it with water and adding a bit of detergent to get this foam on top...for the yellow colour, well....use your imagination... :o

what retailers carry coopers stout, newcastle, john smiths and old speckled hen? I checked villa and they dont have these

Newcastle & John Smiths you can buy direct from Asia Pacific. I'll PM you with details.

Friendship in Pattaya stock Coopers. Old Speckled hen is on Draught in some BKK pubs. I got my Speckled Hen direct from UK.

The best two places to buy import beer is Friendship & Carrefoure.

Asia Pacific also do John Smiths on draught.