Michael Brown shooting: Obama calls for calm

webfact

I don't think I would want to be a police officer knowing how well armed some of those civilians are, but then again, I don't think I'd want to be a civilian knowing how well armed the police are either.   

If you are a law abiding citizen in America, there is no reason to fear the police.  The police should be well armed.  

• Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A black friend told me when Obama was running for the presidency that he hoped he didn't win. When I asked him why as I thought that as a black man he would be gunning for him to win he said that if he did win then black people would have no excuses left. If a black man could become the most powerful man in the world they couldn't just keep playing the badly done to, discriminated against black people again.

This was no choirboy on his way to see his grandma. By all accounts he had just robbed a store. Saying that far too often the cops simply shoot people first rather than to arrest them. Like the Tayvon case though the usual suspects are trying to use this tragic death for their own political agenda

Police 100% justified

The kid had just committed a strong armed robbery and an assault

I just saw the CCTV video of the robbery on BBC news. Huge black guy pushing a tiny (Asian?) shopkeeper by the neck who was trying to stop him from leaving.

Just another wanabee gangsta like Trayvon. Som nam na!

I notice the "Oh those poor black youths, they're so disenfranchised." types have suddenly gone quiet on this thread.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike
  • Like 1

They have tried to portray this man as a gentle giant. 

My Ar@e ! His whole demeanour shows him as nothing but a bully who uses his size to intimidate smaller people. Is it any wonder the cop shot him.

It doesn't matter, stealing 50 dollars worth of cigars doesn't warrant an execution, especially since the cop had no idea he was involved in the robbery to begin with. He was shot in the back as he was walking away and shot again when he turned around with his hands up to surrender.

Edited by doctorproc156

My Ar@e ! His whole demeanour shows him as nothing but a bully who uses his size to intimidate smaller people. Is it any wonder the cop shot him.

It doesn't matter, stealing 50 dollars worth of cigars doesn't warrant an execution, especially since the cop had no idea he was involved in the robbery to begin with. He was shot in the back as he was walking away and shot again when he turned around with his hands up to surrender.

And just how do you know he was shot in the back? Did his friend tell you? Or did you read that in the Coroners report that hasn't yet been released?

Please post your source of this information?

And just how do you know he was shot in the back? Did his friend tell you? Or did you read that in the Coroners report that hasn't yet been released?

In a CNN interview with two eye witnesses they both said he was shot once and then turned around with his hands up and shot again. 

Witness report from Dorian Johnson

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/11/us/missouri-ferguson-michael-brown-what-we-know/index.html

Both sides have also accepted that he was shot at a distance of 35 feet.

This article quotes directly from Jon Belmar who is the head of the St. Louis police:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/11/anger-mounts-at-death-of-unarmed-black-teenager-in-missouri-fbi-launches-investigation/

Edited by doctorproc156

Of course it matters. If you read any of my other posts concerning this you would realise I think the officer was out of order. But so is making out this thug was some sort of choir boy minding his own business and shot. The description of what happened also comes from his friend was was also his accomplice in the robbery. Why should you believe this mans account ? I will wait to hear what the autopsy and the forensic evidence says before deciding

The whole episode is a tragedy but nothing will be learned from it. 

In a CNN interview with two eye witnesses they both said he was shot once and then turned around with his hands up and shot again. 

Yes and CNN interviews also called him the gentle giant.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/11/us/missouri-ferguson-michael-brown-what-we-know/index.html

This article quotes directly from Jon Belmar who is the head of the St. Louis police:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/11/anger-mounts-at-death-of-unarmed-black-teenager-in-missouri-fbi-launches-investigation/

Wasn't Dorian Johnson his accomplice in the robbery? If so hardly a credible witness.

I really would like facts before judgement

Wasn't Dorian Johnson his accomplice in the robbery? If so hardly a credible witness.

Another witness, Tiffany Mitchell also had the same account, that Michael brown was shot in the back and then turned around and shot again:

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Another-witness-to-Michael-Brown-Jr-shooting-speaks-to-News-4-271139501.html

Yes and CNN interviews also called him the gentle giant.

So?  CNN is a liberal media mouthpiece; that's not news.  The two ladies that saw the crime both said he got shot and then turned around raised his hands and got shot again.  They were angry but seemed credible to me.  I don't think anyone, even the police is debating that the officer shot him in the back.  That would be ignorant as it is so easy to check. So why are you?

Eye witness accounts have been proven to be the most unreliable testimony in court cases.  Proof is the release of people convicted of a crime because of "eye witness" testimony only top learn later forensics have finally proven them innocent of the crime they did not commit in the first place.  But you know the witness was right!

People think they see what they see only to discover they didn't really see what they thought they saw. The brain fills in the gaps for things they don't understand when it's happening. 

To sit behind a 'keyboard" and to proclaim it has to be "true" because you read it some where, OH it;s on the Internet so it has to be true,  here's proof, I'll post the link, way before the actual forensics is in, tells me that  the person behind the keyboard is just as ignorant if not more so.  The cop may have over stepped his authority, but what's his side.  What do the bullet wounds show? How many are siding with the "big gentle, never did anything wrong idiot " who couldn't simply get out of the middle of the street and walk where pedestrians belong?  Many I suspect and I bet color has a lot to do with it. So who's Racists? If you are only stating an opinion, it's one thing, but to claim its the gospel without evidence is another.    I'll wait for a "complete" investigation is done before passing judgement. Many agree with me.

Eye witness accounts have been proven to be the most unreliable testimony in court cases.  Proof is the release of people convicted of a crime because of "eye witness" testimony only top learn later forensics have finally proven them innocent of the crime they did not commit in the first place.  But you know the witness was right!

People think they see what they see only to discover they didn't really see what they thought they saw. The brain fills in the gaps for things they don't understand when it's happening. 

To sit behind a 'keyboard" and to proclaim it has to be "true" because you read it some where, OH it;s on the Internet so it has to be true,  here's proof, I'll post the link, way before the actual forensics is in, tells me that  the person behind the keyboard is just as ignorant if not more so.  The cop may have over stepped his authority, but what's his side.  What do the bullet wounds show? How many are siding with the "big gentle, never did anything wrong idiot " who couldn't simply get out of the middle of the street and walk where pedestrians belong?  Many I suspect and I bet color has a lot to do with it. So who's Racists? If you are only stating an opinion, it's one thing, but to claim its the gospel without evidence is another.    I'll wait for a "complete" investigation is done before passing judgement. Many agree with me.

He was unarmed and shot several times at a distance of 35 feet. This has already been disclosed by the police department, how much more information do you really need?

One can lie about a lot of stuff but being shot in the back is not one of them.  There is a big big difference between an exit and entry wound. 

Edited by thailiketoo

He was unarmed and shot several times at a distance of 35 feet. This has already been disclosed by the police department, how much more information do you really need?

I would like to know if he really attacked the policeman and tried to take his gun. I have no problem with stopping an escaped violent felon.

The "rest" of the story....for starters. Something most here seem to ignore.   I'm not saying either way who's wrong or right.  There's more going on than just him getting shot. So far it seems both parties are at fault.

I would like to know if he really attacked the policeman and tried to take his gun. I have no problem with stopping an escaped violent felon.

How can he be an escaped, violent felon?   He was only be arrested at the time.   

No doubt it would be best for allegations to wait until all the facts are revealed.  But the media didn't do that.  As usual, they took sides immediately.  And the story they told is unraveling.  Now, I suspect (merely suspect, mind you) that the media has already sniffed out  the truth about  this story and is concealing things.  That would explain why CNN has knocked it off their headlines and de-emphasized it and why the BBC is outright lying--just a few minutes  ago they   said  that  all was quiet in Ferguson  and had been since  the  black Missouri state policeman took charge.  All  this ignoring the latest round  of looting that took place while the Missouri state police just stood there and watched.  I'm only guessing but I AM guessing that the media knows the evidence will work against their Gentle Giant story, so they have abandoned the story and are looking for a way out.

If he attacked a policeman, tried to take away his weapon and then tried to escape, I'm guessing it would be legal to send him to meet his maker and - after seeing the violent robbery that he committed - I would not morn his death. Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Another witness, Tiffany Mitchell also had the same account, that Michael brown was shot in the back and then turned around and shot again:

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Another-witness-to-Michael-Brown-Jr-shooting-speaks-to-News-4-271139501.html

You keep leaving an important aspect out.

She said the first shot came while the cop was in the car and the two were fighting or struggling through the car window. Supposedly, the cop was beaten in the face, drew his weapon and shot.

The issue that is troubling is not first shot fired from cop inside the car. The subsequent shots when the cop exited the car and shot. Seems like a by the book shooting initially, but the cop perhaps should have disengaged after Brown was initially shot and attempted to flee.

The moral of the story is dont fight with or strike a cop during a stop and then try to flee. He could have been starting his air conditioner trade school on Monday had he handled himself differently. Adrenal, fear anger kicks in and bad things can happen. Edited by F430murci

If he attacked a policeman, tried to take away his weapon and then tried to escape, I'm guessing it would be legal to send him to meet his maker and - after seeing the violent robbery that he committed - I would not morn his death.

I always find it interesting in the comments about what a sweet, gentle fellow these guys are, well, until the truth starts to come out. I would rather he weren't dead, but, far as I know, he put himself in that position. Now, the looters on the other hand, I say declare open season. Not, talking about the peaceful protesters, just the ones breaking into the stores, etc.

• Like 1